Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, pretty hard to get on board Xavier achieving even the smallest amount of progress when the writers keep denying him that over and over and over again, brutally and hopelessly.
    I mean I would settle for the Mansion not being exploded.

Lets live peace, X-mansion gets blown up, Lets live in peace, X-mansion attacked by Purifiers, Lets live in peace, Mansion has to be move to limbo, Lets live peace, Purifiers attacks mansion,A kid is killed by the executioner on the mansion,Lets live peace,Mansion in exploded by X-man and period following that mutants are hunted for the lives. I mean how are the X-men protecting anybody when they can't even protect themselves? That was fundamental flaw with the franchise. I am happy with X-men and mutants having a safe space BUT I think old Omega Red and Russia are going to test that a little soon

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Yep, pretty hard to get on board Xavier achieving even the smallest amount of progress when the writers keep denying him that over and over and over again, brutally and hopelessly.
    So the solution is militarized segregation (again)? Utopia didn't work. Providence didn't work. Genosha didn't work. And the appeal of the drugs to the humans falls short when humanity has shown time and time again that if they want a resource, they will invent a reason to kill the ones with it. When the only logical thing stopping the US Government from dropping 200 sentinels on Krakoa's front door is the plot armor of the X-Men, it reads badly.

"They had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose dishonor. They will have war."

-Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So the solution is militarized segregation
    -Winston Churchill.
    Who says it is segregation? They literally have portals to Mars, Blue side of the moon,Savage Land, X-mansion and more. It clearly looks like they will be expanding out over time. As my previous post shows they have habit of being attacked and not being able to defend themselves. X-men / mutants needs a safe space and that what Krakoa is a space space from humans

And because they are ALL together and legit nation the US or any country sending 200 sentinels would be starting a war they would lose. Countries won't attack Krakoa for the same reason the US doesn't attack Iran or North Korea.They are legit countries and they have nukes.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-02-2019 at 10:34 PM.

BANNED

As Storm notes, they can and will own property outside Krakoa.

So the solution is militarized segregation (again)? Utopia didn't work. Providence didn't work. Genosha didn't work. And the appeal of the drugs to the humans falls short when humanity has shown time and time again that if they want a resource, they will invent a reason to kill the ones with it. When the only logical thing stopping the US Government from dropping 200 sentinels on Krakoa's front door is the plot armor of the X-Men, it reads badly.

"They had to choose between war and dishonor. They chose dishonor. They will have war."

-Winston Churchill.
    The only logical thing stopping them from dropping 200 sentinels are the x-men themselves.

With Orchis situation they are already proving that an pre emptive intelligence program is working. Imagine how much more effective now they have a legit CIA style network. Stopping attacks before they happen means your mansion/Island never gets exploded.

Genosha was legit and worked but it wasn't unified mutant front so they had no army to protect themselves from the sentinels, Providence and Utopia weren't legit recognized nations. There is a reason they went through the UN process so they are official and other nations can't attack for no legit reasons. They aren't isolanists / segregating because they are actively trying to friendly trade with other countries which over time should mean friendly relationship and mutants being able live in those places peacefully,And then that should open settlements of mutants living around the world peaceful with humans.

It so weird to me that people like to see the X-men being bullied and think that should be the default status of the franchise. How in the world do you live together in peace when you can't even protect your own home from being attacked?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-02-2019 at 11:03 PM.

-Winston Churchill.
    You are saying this as if the school worked. That is the whole point of making Moira have ten lives.

Siryn, Synch, and Skin

LONG LIVE KRAKOA!
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I mean I would settle for the Mansion not being exploded.

Lets live peace, X-mansion gets blown up, Lets live in peace, X-mansion attacked by Purifiers, Lets live in peace, Mansion has to be move to limbo, Lets live peace, Purifiers attacks mansion,A kid is killed by the executioner on the mansion,Lets live peace,Mansion in exploded by X-man and period following that mutants are hunted for the lives. I mean how are the X-men protecting anybody when they can't even protect themselves? That was fundamental flaw with the franchise. I am happy with X-men and mutants having a safe space BUT I think old Omega Red and Russia are going to test that a little soon
    Yep, don't expect them to win the war overnight, but if the writers make it so that it's next to impossible to win a battle, then what does that say about the war?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    It was my understanding that barring lives 1, 2 & 3 all the timelines were bleak because they ended with Sentinels coming to kill them so really no one future was worse than the other because they all were terrible...except the first three because those she died to early to really make a change in them.
    Actually, timeline 2 is probably bleak, being a reference to New X-Men #116, and there are few times more bleak than that. Moira just doesn’t see it. Timeline 3 is probably similar but Moira focuses on science.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Really enjoyable issue. The only problem I have with it is that Creed's sentence was mercilessly sadistic and unjust. They punished him for breaking a law that didn't exist until they created it, then retroactively applied it to his sentencing. Xavier arbitrarily deciding to leave a sentient mind alone in the dark, aware but unable to move, like a stroke victim in a basement, FOREVER, well, that's evil. Mutant law can get stuffed if that's how the game is.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman said he will put the toys back
    I would suggest you don’t take that as a promise that he will put everything back the way he found it. That’s not the way I interpreted what he said. He has created a status quo and he has stewardship over the characters, he has no responsibility to change the status quo back to how he found it.

“ The cardinal rule beyond that is at the end of the day, after you've torn up the playroom and scattered all the toys, you put everything back on the shelf. Don't be an a-hole and leave a mess.”

That is not the same thing as putting things back the way you found them.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-02-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Re: Xavier’s face. It’s obvious something is being concealed from us, but not from Erik, Moira and Doug, who’ve all been present while the helmet is off. The only thing from the series I can think of that’s not a red diamond is the sigil that Krakoa/Cipher has in the future. If that’s the secret, i’m Not sure what it would signify other than Charles’s connection to Krakoa being deeper than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Really enjoyable issue. The only problem I have with it is that Creed's sentence was mercilessly sadistic and unjust. They punished him for breaking a law that didn't exist until they created it, then retroactively applied it to his sentencing. Xavier arbitrarily deciding to leave a sentient mind alone in the dark, aware but unable to move, like a stroke victim in a basement, FOREVER, well, that's evil. Mutant law can get stuffed if that's how the game is.
    So what do you suggest?

1.They aren't building prisons
    2.They can't kill him

Lastly he was unrepentant for his crimes. And as added bonus they have try to rehabilitate him before with bad results. It is like they gave him the mission as a test and he failed.It is easy to say it is messed up but what is correct answer?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-03-2019 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    Yaaaaaaas. I completely agree with everything you said and is what I've been feeling since the beginning.

A lot of people are against change and to be honest I'm just tired already of Marvel giving us the same recycled stories in which the X-Men are the underdogs and maybe just maybe we get a tiny bit of edginess added to the mix. Give me a win for a chance. We deserve it, the X-Men deserve it.

A lot of us have been repeating this since like 5 threads ago. Some people don't understand that these are not books in which exploring some situations would be way easier.
    So, we ARE pretending this is the first time mutants have an actual country then. Change doesn't take much I see.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's not coexistence if you need to go to a isolated place.

Even Xavier dream changed before Krakoa, since they had to start protecting theirselves from humans and not only fighting super-humans
    I know, right? Not only the isolation, but the whole "only mutants are allowed on these sacred grounds PERIOD" to boot.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."