Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1590
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Maybe don’t make blanket statements and them claim them to hold true.
    What was it about my statement that triggered such an aggressive response?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This raises an interesting question. How does a mutant that is resistant to telepathy get backed up. Like can a mind be copied that is impervious to telepathy. Or a mutant like surge with eletrical powers which we know can hurt telepaths, does Xavier have to be more delicate.
    And what about powerful telepaths? Emma and Jean would for sure feel if someone was trying to download their whole memories. It's strange they didn't know up until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    What was it about my statement that triggered such an aggressive response?
    Not aggressive but you were effectively dismantling the notion of empathy and metaphor to make a point about minority viewpoints. That’s a highly contentious way of expressing it but hey “it holds true”.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

This next year is gonna be so wild as everything we're speculating on and everything we're asking about slowly unfolds before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    You mean not as of yet... If baseline humans aren't welcomed on Krakoa why offer them commerce? Why should baseline humans allow mutants to travel freely among them as if it were a two way street? And, what of children that are born with an X-Gene? What of the mutants that don't want to move to Krakoa (I.e., Franklin Richards), will the council vote that he be kidnapped or will they just clone him so that Krakoa can have its very own universal reality warper?
    How are we still on this “why can’t I invade spaces created because I marginalized the hell out of you” argument? Clearly this is a survival thing, not a “we hate all hoo-mans!!!” plot so the sinister mutants can oppress the vulnerable humans at every turn.

Also, all of what you’ve said with Franklin and the Council kidnapping him hasn’t been introduced or even hinted at. It’s just been crack theories with nothing of in-canon substance.

Extraordinary Member

You turned a supposed objective argument against it. Suggesting that it doesn’t qualify. And you did that by applying a rule that would disqualify a huge percentage of stories. That is taking things beyond personal opinion. I felt it necessary to point out that you were not being objective, so claiming subjectivity after the fact is not a good defence.
    No. Stop it. You told me that I was stating how stories HAD TO BE TOLD. I did no such thing. I won't even continue since you are making this about me, not the work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    How are we still on this “why can’t I invade spaces created because I marginalized the hell out of you” argument? Clearly this is a survival thing, not a “we hate all hoo-mans!!!” plot so the sinister mutants can oppress the vulnerable humans at every turn.

Also, all of what you’ve said with Franklin and the Council kidnapping him hasn’t been introduced or even hinted at. It’s just been crack theories with nothing of in-canon substance.
    That's why I said what if. Was Sabertooth cloned?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Mmm hmm. And its EARLY.
    Simply because Magneto gave a "You ain't welcome" here speech to the duplicitous humans they INVITED to tour Krakoa, doesn't mean that won't evolve -- be it selectively.

And the question of "why should baseline humans allow..." should be pointed at the weaponized satellite "allowed" to orbit the sun because baseline humans don't LIKE feeling LESS.

That's why I said what if. Was Sabertooth cloned?
    I think they may have some empty Sabretooth husks jsut sitting around in the cradle.

BANNED

Not aggressive but you were effectively dismantling the notion of empathy and metaphor to make a point about minority viewpoints. That’s a highly contentious way of expressing it but hey “it holds true”.
    Can you elaborate on how my comments dismantled the notion of empathy?

You mean not as of yet... If baseline humans aren't welcomed on Krakoa why offer them commerce? Why should baseline humans allow mutants to travel freely among them as if it were a two way street? And, what of children that are born with an X-Gene? What of the mutants that don't want to move to Krakoa (I.e., Franklin Richards), will the council vote that he be kidnapped or will they just clone him so that Krakoa can have its very own universal reality warper?
    You mean business as usual for humans. X-men Gold they passed a law to kick mutants out of the US. Mutants have been chased out of several countries but hey one country in world doesn't allow humans. That is some terrible thing it should be 100% equal.

This feels like people who complain about Jordan Peele only making movies with minorities leads "but it is unfair that he is denying a white person a chance at role. Jordan Peele is racist every movie director should give people an equal chance" .Uhm you realize he is doing this because they are gazillion movies with white leads.The industry still favors white people." No No.It is unfair if it was white person who said it would be considered racist".

The system is stack against mutants and it is unfair. Nothing is done by humans to make it equal. Why in the world are people pretending it is equal? It is hitting to close to real life for me I guess.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-04-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Can you elaborate on how my comments dismantled the notion of empathy?
    Disengage.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You mean business as usual for humans. X-men Gold they past a law to kick mutants out of the US. Mutants have been chased out of several countries but hey one country in world doesn't allow humans. That is some terrible thing it should be 100% equal.

This feels like people who complain about Jordan Peele only making movies with minorities leads "but it is unfair that he is denying a white person a chance at role. Jordan Peele is racist every movie director should give people an equal chance" .Uhm you realize he is doing this because they are gazillion movies with white leads.The industry still favors white people." No No.It is unfair if it was white person who said it would be considered racist".

The system is stack against mutants and it is unfair. Nothing is done by humans to make it equal. Why in the world are people pretending it is equal? It is hitting to close to real life for me I guess.
    Preach.

I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure the early issues stated that non-mutants could visit their mutant family members.

Anyway, mutants are carving a space for themselves after they've been chased and oppressed everywhere. They are also only in the foundational period of this new state. Their stance on isolationism/openness might very well change in the future, but they have to get this shit on track first, so there are other things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No. Stop it. You told me that I was stating how stories HAD TO BE TOLD. I did no such thing. I won't even continue since you are making this about me, not the work.
    I was trying to make a point about what you said not you:

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My biggest criticism is that there is no 'story', there has been no journey, no conflict, no loss even, no climax.
    To claim there is no story here is to define story in a very narrow way. I would see your definition being confined purely to methods like those espoused by Lajos Egri to the exclusion of all other types of storytelling. Not even Egri would claim that.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You mean business as usual for humans. X-men Gold they past a law to kick mutants out of the US. Mutants have been chased out of several countries but hey one country in world doesn't allow humans. That is some terrible thing it should be 100% equal.

It is not about fairness. It is about making sure they don't end up having the rest of the world turn against them. Again. Closing off Krakoa just gives people a reason. It makes it hard to trade when something is withheld off that bat.