Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Emma was right

I don’t understand why some people cling so much to the professor’s dream. This dream just doesn't work. I think the problem is that readers see mutants as a metaphor for RL minorities, but minorities cannot blast cities with the power of thought. Therefore, in resolving the conflict between mutants and people, a different approach is needed and a separate state is the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    A decade too late. It wasn't Hickman, Xaviers dream was over years ago with new dreams taking root
    H ejust said that magneto way was wrong. HOX is totally a magneto dream

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You can think such a thing, of course, but I'll have to disagree with you here. Really, how is it not a betrayal of his core beliefs, given he called his vision a lie TWICE, and gave up on sapiens altogether in this issue... How is it not a betrayal of his beliefs? Coexistence. Cooperation. Understanding. He flushed everything in this issue, under everyone's eyes, to embrace a "We, MUTANTS, will stay here and you, HUMANS, will stay clear of us, long enough for you to accept the inevitable supremacy of our kind over yours, on this very planet you thought was yours." Coming from Xavier, that speech is beyond jarring... it's appalling.
    No wonder Magneto strut around calling themselves the "new gods" of humans, Xavier's new stance is a complete validation of every single racist conviction he ever held. And I still can't believe everyone on this island drank such kool-aid so placidly, that's the most ridiculous part here...
    Maybe everyone got tired? yeah, it's hard to believe a almost absolute majority would agree with this.
    I wonder how Hickman gonna solve this without causing major problems
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-02-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Xavier low key thicc. He’s been working out since he got his legs back.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    H ejust said that magneto way was wrong. HOX is totally a magneto dream
    No he said let go of old dreams of old manifestos and let future ideas and dreams from the next generation flourish

Mighty Member

This has huge implications for minorities on real life.
    You severely over-estimate how many people read comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    So, who's the Red King? Any guess?
    I was wondering if it could be Vulcan since we haven’t seen him yet.

Electric Daisy Carnival. Coachella or just another EDM fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    You severely over-estimate how many people read comics.
    haha not really huge in scale, but huge for people reading the comics. The "build the wall" or "go back home" really xisted and separatism only serve the radicals

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    No he said let go of old dreams of old manifestos and let future ideas and dreams from the next generation flourish
    Still Krakoa is a Genosha 2.0. Not a really new idea

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Isn't it early for this?

What is EDC?
    Electric Daisy carnival. EDM fest. Personally, more into underground and soulful housemusic.

Xavier was put out to pasture Hickman has given him new life
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-02-2019 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I love the little elements from Sci fi Hickman has borrowing I have seen shades of Live die repeat, Alter Carbon and the Matrix in the stories. It is little things that make me happy about this story I love that it has basically War Captains and Wolverine isn't one of them and the three choices other Cyclops ,Magik, Bishop and Gorgon are interesting choices. I like how Hickmans elevates and gives important roles to smaller characters while keeping the classic characters important.

Synch and Skin being back make me so happy.GenX reunion
    Or Ron Moore's battlestar galactica's cylons.

H ejust said that magneto way was wrong. HOX is totally a magneto dream.
    Not exactly for the old Magneto the ideal would be mutants ruled over humans. As much as Erik likes to make speeches about how mutants should be Gods to humans, the laws and most X-men disagree with him. The very fact that he is not the one who dictates the rules alone as in House of M shows how much House of X is not his dream.

It is a mix of all failed attempts with Moira. She tried all the ways and none of them worked. So all that's left is to take what worked from each attempt and put it all together in one big and final plan.

House of X is Moira's dream.

BANNED

I really enjoyed how Jean, Kurt and Ororo were all feeding off each other’s energy at the meeting. Storm’s body language said it all for me. She’s unapologetic about being her woman who happens to be a mutant. I’m just soaking up all the implications of her stance. It’s just so glorious. I gotta throw in the bit about Jean and Emma tag teaming Creed. That was pretty dope.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    You can think such a thing, of course, but I'll have to disagree with you here. Really, how is it not a betrayal of his core beliefs, given he called his vision a lie TWICE, and gave up on sapiens altogether in this issue... How is it not a betrayal of his beliefs? Coexistence. Cooperation. Understanding. He flushed everything in this issue, under everyone's eyes, to embrace a "We, MUTANTS, will stay here and you, HUMANS, will stay clear of us, long enough for you to accept the inevitable supremacy of our kind over yours, on this very planet you thought was yours." Coming from Xavier, that speech is beyond jarring... it's appalling.
    No wonder Magneto strut around calling themselves the "new gods" of humans, Xavier's new stance is a complete validation of every single racist conviction he ever held. And I still can't believe everyone on this island drank such kool-aid so placidly, that's the most ridiculous part here...
    Orrrrrr maybe when you are informed that in 9/10 realities your dream ends in the eradication of your race to the same people you fight to get along with... you change it up a little bit. The “admirable” principle of full integration kinda becomes null and void when you’re all dead. Just a thought.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spuddybuddy35 View Post
    Xavier low key thicc. He’s been working out since he got his legs back.
    mutant supremacy indeed