Page 66 of 106 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If Magneto speaks for all of Krakoa why is there even a council?
    Xavier agreed..as did the rest of the council. Magneto didn't pull rank on the other 11. No one disagreed. If anyone would disagree, it would be Nightcrawler of course but he didnt argue anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not that I am claiming Shogo will be a mutant.
    You are literally demanding people account for Shogo possibly having the X-gene based on zero evidence just so you can avoid being wrong on a minor point of order.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, North Korea is isolationist. Krakoa just has strict immigration policies but they are perfectly on board signing peace treaties and negotiating trade alliances with countries all over the world.
    That is the most extreme example of an isolationist government. There have been times when the US could have been described as having isolationist leanings, and there was a strong voice in the forties for an isolationist policy and non intervention in the 'European conflict' we now call WW2.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

There is much yet to learn with the upcoming DoX. I hope you all ask your questions when Jonathan Hickman does his X-Men Monday talks.

And I'm sure a lot of these concerns are going to be story beats in all the titles coming out.

Kind of lame that people think it's evil or bad for mutants to want this for themselves. But everyone is free to their opinions.

I'd rather look at this new status quo positively. I'm sure there will be issues soon. Because you can't just tell happy stories. There needs to be drama and friction.

But for now. I'm down for the mutant nation. I hope the Krakoa era lasts for awhile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    You are literally demanding people account for Shogo possibly having the X-gene based on zero evidence just so you can avoid being wrong on a minor point of order.
    The only thing I said is we have not seen a human on island in the story so far. Anything else is me guessing and I am more than willing to admit I am wrong. I will even do it right now: I AM WRONG.

Now stop harassing me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Xavier agreed..as did the rest of the council. Magneto didn't pull rank on the other 11. No one disagreed. If anyone would disagree, it would be Nightcrawler of course but he didnt argue anything.
    I must have missed the meeting or law that said "No humans allowed on Krakoa" that occurred at the meeting. Care to share? As far as i know there is no written Krakoa law that states humans aren't allowed on the island. Perhaps it's for their own safety, maybe the island itself has a problem with humans and that's why permission is needed. I mean it is sentient.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Also, Jean Grey put forward a motion that Mutants do not Kill Humans, the only exception being if the humans declare war on Krakoa then mutants can kill to defend themselves. This motion passed the council. They are selling their life giving medicines to humans all over the world. So they aren't being anti-human, they are just being protective of their citizens and nation.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Pretty sure he started backing up very early indeed. Certainly not anywhere near that late. Forge is a mid eighties character and this may have been a long while before his first appearance.
    That's what I thought initially, given that it was at Forge's home in Dallas. However, some of the visual cues in the sequence - Xavier's chair and Forge's X-Men uniform in the sequence - both suggest, at the earliest, the UXM 250s/dissolution/Muir Isle X-Men era. When I pointed this out people said it wasn't possible because Xavier was in Shi'ar space at the time. (I believe he still could've quietly made a trip to Earth without telling the X-Men, but that's me.) They also noted that Xavier was wheelchair-bound. Xavier wasn't crippled again until the end of the Muir Isle Saga, just before Adjectiveless - when Forge (in that uniform) was well-ensconced with the X-Men.

It's certainly possible the visual cues mean nothing and that Forge and Xavier met in the '80s, plain and simple, before he left in UXM #200. That was my first take. I've just heard a lot of arguments against in the last week and I think they're valid.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I just posted that Magneto said that no humans allowed on Krakoa
    Well done. We disagree with you because we don't read those words the way you do. We already had this argument so why persist until we see further evidence? My bet is that Krakoa will only grant full citizenship to mutants but settled status to a select group of humans and others. I see zero evidence that they will not allow any human onto Krakoa so far. Why don't we wait and see instead of claiming something as factual when it is just interpretation.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Also, Jean Grey put forward a motion that Mutants do not Kill Humans, the only exception being if the humans declare war on Krakoa then mutants can kill to defend themselves. This motion passed the council. They are selling their life giving medicines to humans all over the world. So they aren't being anti-human, they are just being protective of their citizens and nation.
    also their is a law that says make more mutants. Well guess what Humans make mutants. There are two laws on the books in favor of human rights, in a mutant nation.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I must have missed the meeting or law that said "No humans allowed on Krakoa" that occurred at the meeting. Care to share? As far as i know there is no written Krakoa law that states humans aren't allowed on the island. Perhaps it's for their own safety, maybe the island itself has a problem with humans and that's why permission is needed. I mean it is sentient.
    Didnt Xavier go over a the rules at the end? Why didnt anyone disagree if it was so isolationist in nature? Storm, Jean, and Nightcrawler are more goody two shoe characters than anyone...they didnt go against the edict.

I think the problem is some fans hate that the mutants have an independent nation. They preferred stories where the mutants were the oppressed minority living in human controlled ghettos where they had to "know their place" and "coexist according to the way the humans wanted them to coexist".

Mutants are getting uppity now, they are demanding independence, they are demanding world recognition of their rights, world recognition of their nation status. They are applying for nation status with the United Nations, they are enacting a return home policy for all mutants to come home to Krakoa and be citizens there, they are engaging in trade agreements with human nations that are conditional on the human nations respecting the rights of mutants and respecting that mutants have a right of citizenship in Krakoa and a right to be extradited to Krakoa.

Mutants are so uppity now, they don't know their place anymore, they don't understand that they are supposed to serve humanity not have their own nation, culture, and peaceful way of life.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Magneto is an ambassador. Of course he will convey the will of the Kraked government to other nations when meeting their représentants abroad, that's his role. Litterally. Surely, you don't expect the Quiet Council to roam the Earth everytime diplomacy needs doing abroad? No government does.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    No. They are allowed access to the floral network, which is not the same thing. Habitats? Yes. Floral network? Pending mutant supervision and authorization, sure. Mainland Krakoa? Off-limit until further clarification. That's why I'm interested in knowing if exceptions are being made for families, it would sit better with me personally.
    Sorry, that's all your interpretation of what is shown. And that's fine.....if you interpret it that way, that's fine. I think we're meant to draw different conclusions based on the little info we have. I take Jean's conversation with the kid to be a less skewed version that Magneto's conversation with the spies/"delegates".

"If you feel the need to see a human on the island, okay, cool" felt a little direct is all.
    I meant that in as literal a way as possible. "This is the way you see it, okay cool, here's how I see it and why..."

I completely agree though, that as written if a human showed up nothing would be contradicted. I just also think that if were to find out explicitly that humans were forbidden, again nothing would be contradicted.
    Forbidden seems a bit contradictory to Jean's comments, I think, because she indicates that humans are at lease theoretically allowed to go to Krakoa.

But whether they're allowed or not is likely a case by case thing. I have no doubt that at this early stage, they're being very cautious, but I expect exceptions to come up.

Thinking about it though.....they'll let a human on the island because "he's one of the good ones" just has a kind of unpleasant aspect to it.

I think the problem is some fans hate that the mutants have an independent nation. They preferred stories where the mutants were the oppressed minority living in human controlled ghettos where they had to "know their place" and "coexist according to the way the humans wanted them to coexist".

Mutants are getting uppity now, they are demanding independence, they are demanding world recognition of their rights, world recognition of their nation status. They are applying for nation status with the United Nations, they are enacting a return home policy for all mutants to come home to Krakoa and be citizens there, they are engaging in trade agreements with human nations that are conditional on the human nations respecting the rights of mutants and respecting that mutants have a right of citizenship in Krakoa and a right to be extradited to Krakoa.

Mutants are so uppity now, they don't know their place anymore, they don't understand that they are supposed to serve humanity not have their own nation, culture, and peaceful way of life.
    I definitely think some people feel this way. I do also agree that there are those that don't do well with change. Then there are those trying to create discord and feed any negative flames because it's not what they personally want. It's pretty easy to see between them though, in most cases. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.