Page 23 of 106 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So Bishop has been forgiven for trying to kill Hope and preventing mutant rebirth?
    Every Mutant, except Sabertooth, has basically been forgiven for everything.

Humans, machines and pretenders have been forgiven for nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, you are going to use that as your new meme aren't you! It's so perfect!
    You bet I am. It's too good a reaction image, gotta explore all that potential LMAO

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Default This is how the Gods die...

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They just don't care. These laws are bogus. Creed was exiled because he was not drinking the kool aid.
    This is how the gods die.

... the gods knew that Fenrir was fully bound, they took a cord called Gelgja, hanging from Gleipnir, inserted the cord through a large stone slab called Gjöll (Old Norse "scream"), and the gods fastened the stone slab deep into the ground. After, the gods took a great rock called Thviti and thrust it even further into the ground as an anchoring peg.
    Fenrir reacted violently; he opened his jaws very wide, and tried to bite the gods. Then the gods thrust a sword into his mouth. Its hilt touched the lower jaw and its point the upper one; by means of it the jaws of the wolf were spread apart and the wolf gagged. Fenrir "howled horribly," saliva ran from his mouth, and this saliva formed the river Ván .There Fenrir will lie until Ragnarök

Every hippocrite dies.
    Horribly. They serve as the example. Play Fair. Who you pass during your ascension you pass during your fall.

Thats how it works. They die painfully, and struggling but they're supposed to be in a narrative sense doomed.

I'm not even a sabertooth fan, but "Evil for the greater good" is still evil. In fact... the most despicable of evil, because its hiding behind "good".

Making up the rules as you go along but retroactively punishing people, to "Make an example of them" ... especially for that reason.

Never. Works. Eventually, inevitably, when you do it to someone else and YOU are the bad guys to that group? Sabertooth? Their Martyr.
    Creed Was Right. and all that silly, but rightfully maligned talk.

Didn't Work for Odin/Should not work for Xavier.

Yet I can't shake the idea that hickman took inspiration from the edda's for how creed was treated. Bound. Silenced when he tried to bit. Cast into the deepest pit.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said... they need to do something to appease En Sabah Nur.

They need to ask the Tyrion Lannister question to the people on that council at least. . . and say "What do you want?"

One of the cleanest answers would be.... just as Shaxx has the crucible. Apocalypse should have his "Trials of En Sabah"

Finally, what hickman is building up, is brilliant but I hate "The dream is dead" because it hits me in the MLK feels.

The next mutnat killiers are going to be epic though.

"We've figured out how to block your gene-freak respawning.
    So Die mutie, scum. Die your final death!"

It just occured to me that the original "Purifiers"? They were the army of the High Evolutionary.
    Wow. I'd been wondering who the natural new X-villian would be. *Nods*

Edit: and to see WHO judged him. Jeez. Then not having someone to speak on his behalf? Everyone needs that because you're going to react emotionally.
    How many of those people have used him to be exactly what they let him be punished for? Smh. What Scum.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 10-02-2019 at 08:29 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Anyway, I loved that. Again felt slightly wrong-footed by the founding of government scene which, though expected, was quite raw and primal. I feel like Hickman is going for a foundation myth rather than fine grain politicking, and by that measure it was a success.

The mutants really do deserve a celebration for a change. We ended on a huge up note, but the shadow of PoX #6 is now lurking just under a week away.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Sabertooth was forgiven, but he blew it immediately.

Superb issue. Hickman killing it with his character moment and dialog economy.

BANNED

JUST FUCKING KISS!!!

This was so fucking good.

The dynamics between the council, Emma and then Jean silencing Sabertooth (they looked so fabulous) and the final scene between Jean, Scott, Logan and Emma. I don't know if it will be anything romantic about it but just the fact that they seen to be getting along or at least trying to (Jean and Emma) is what I want. Leave the drama behind, this is the time to start anew.

I also love how Emma went back to her Gen X look with the hair over the eye. <3

Finally, I think Prof. X's secret is going to be some alien tech or something on the top of his head, making it connect with the final future on PoX.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 10-02-2019 at 08:28 AM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Incredible Member

So they basically emulated the Inhumans concept of Attilan as a nation and all Inhumans can claim Attilan citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Honestly I hope we keep this whole Krakoan nation for a while, I actually really do enjoy all the mutants getting along and acting somewhat like a family. Seeing even some of the villains act like respectable people for have a panel brings a warmness to my heart
    Exactly.

One of the things I loved was Exodus, even at the council meeting he found this whole experience beautiful. This is what he always wanted for mutants a safe home where the children can grow up without ever experiencing fear of humans. Of all the former villains I think Exodus is going to be the most supportive of the new nation and probably the one who gets along the best with the X-Men.

I know there is going to be conflict and Krakoa will be attacked, I want them to survive it, I want this nation of Krakoa to survive for a while. Let most of the conflicts occur off the island and let the mutants have this safe haven that they can return to and escape from the hatred and prejudice out in the human world.

I loved the party scene and everyone trying to reconcile with each other and find common ground and just celebrate together as a people.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I will lead with the obvious: that the basis for most reasons given for Creeds treatment at the council is that he is a "Bad Person" who deserves it.

There were no laws when Creed did what he did. No council. No Nation. Magneto's instruction was not binding, he lacked any recognizable authority.

The murders took place while securing the data needed about the space station which they would later attack during which Wolverine kills humans. Yet Wolverine is not even scrutinized. The argument has been made that Wolverine did so in defense of the nation, but that has not been formalized by the council, and if that is a valid defense then arguably Creed committed his murders while protecting the nation.

However, none of this is even argued by the council themselves. It was simply done to make an example out of him and no one made an objection.

To cap it off, Xavier makes a comment about not liking prisons and then effectively imprisons Creed.
    I see and tbh your points in regards to the issue are correct. The interpretation is where we differ here. Creed is not an idiot. He knew what they were trying to accomplish in setting up Krakoa as a mutant homeland. He knew that killing humans needlessly on his mission would cause unnecessary tension in an already touchy situation. Not touchy on turn mutants part however, I’ll be damned before I see them apologize for taking information that pertains to a space station built specifically to produce machines that produce robots to Kill. Mutants. Humans loose any “well they stole it unlawfully” credibility when THAT is what you were safeguarding. However, Creed went above and beyond what was necessary for the size and scale of a mission. Literally no one had to be killed in the obtaining of that intellectual property. And yes Creed acknowledged Mags’ authority over him when he agreed to do a mission that Mags assigned to him. That just seems like common sense. If someone gives you orders and you agree to follow them, there’s no turning around and saying “well who said???”. He knew exactly what he was doing and he was reckless and ruthless anyway and MOST importantly with no need. As I said before in my previous posts, his lack of remorse/respect over his deeds and his continuation of threats to mutant lives sealed his fate if anything you pointed out was going to be taken into account at all. Any human in the real world who acted that way on trial would most certainly be given punishment to the fullest extent of the law as well. I have absolutely no qualms about it.

I’m regards to Logan and his actions, the comparison disparity is so very large. Creed was sent to a headquarters in NYC to obtain information at the minimal risk of human casualty and return back home through the portal. Logan was sent into deep space on a suicide mission to a space station by the sun designed by humans to specifically target and eradicate the mutant race if they ever got too “above themselves”. Aka survived and thrived to the point of majority populace which is a scientific inevitability and not a “mutant takeover”. That mission was a “by any means necessary” mission where all of the X-men died/were murdered point blank in defense of their people. To hold Logan accountable for the death of people who were working to actively murder mutants en masse and himself for just being there is absurdity. It is quite literally the definition of self defense. That’s where our opinions differ though I suppose.

I loved that sense of joy. Dazzler and Siryn look so happy entertaining the crowd together and creating the massive fireworks show for everyone. Who needs fireworks when Dazzler can create a massive light show over the entire island of Krakoa.

This is the same as that upcoming Marauders cover with Storm, it's just a cover showing Storm happy and enjoying the surging power of the storm that is around her, just joy in her powers.
    I loved it too, it was fantastic. I’ve rarely wanted to dive right into the world of an X-comic before and celebrate with them if I could. Just marvelous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy Free Me View Post
    This was so fucking good.

The dynamics between the council, Emma and then Jean silencing Sabertooth (the looked so fabulous) and the final scene between Jean, Scott, Logan and Emma. I don't know if it will be anything romantic about it, but just the fact that they seen to be getting along or at least trying to (Jean and Emma) is what I want. Leave the drama behind, this is the time to start anew.

I also love how Emma went back to her Gen X look with the hair over the eye. <3

Finally, I think Prof. X's secret is going to be some alien tech or something on the top of his head, making it connect with the final future on PoX.
    Well if Hickman is not trying to suggest something going on with Jean/Emma/Whoever he was definitely stirring things up on Twitter yesterday. I am not sure if any comic sites caught it or not.

As for alien tech, it is interesting that HoX #1 made a point that all the 'tech' on Krakoa was Krakoa based, yet this No-Space cradle is clearly foreign tech.

Fantastic Member

Exactly.

One of the things I loved was Exodus, even at the council meeting he found this whole experience beautiful. This is what he always wanted for mutants a safe home where the children can grow up without ever experiencing fear of humans. Of all the former villains I think Exodus is going to be the most supportive of the new nation and probably the one who gets along the best with the X-Men.

I know there is going to be conflict and Krakoa will be attacked, I want them to survive it, I want this nation of Krakoa to survive for a while. Let most of the conflicts occur off the island and let the mutants have this safe haven that they can return to and escape from the hatred and prejudice out in the human world.

I loved the party scene and everyone trying to reconcile with each other and find common ground and just celebrate together as a people.
    I agree with this. Of all the "villains" I think Exodus will cause the least trouble. He doesn't act senselessly and would defend Krakoa.

Mystique will always act for herself. Shaw will act for wealth and power. Sinister may play along as it it's interesting.

Gorgon though still seems such a wildcard.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I will lead with the obvious: that the basis for most reasons given for Creeds treatment at the council is that he is a "Bad Person" who deserves it.

There were no laws when Creed did what he did. No council. No Nation. Magneto's instruction was not binding, he lacked any recognizable authority.

The murders took place while securing the data needed about the space station which they would later attack during which Wolverine kills humans. Yet Wolverine is not even scrutinized. The argument has been made that Wolverine did so in defense of the nation, but that has not been formalized by the council, and if that is a valid defense then arguably Creed committed his murders while protecting the nation.

However, none of this is even argued by the council themselves. It was simply done to make an example out of him and no one made an objection.

To cap it off, Xavier makes a comment about not liking prisons and then effectively imprisons Creed.
    This kind of sums it up perfectly, really. That shit is HEAVY.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

LOL..poor Sabertooth.