Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1590

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    I'm sure these questions have been raised already but since I don't have time to wade through almost 100 pages of arguments about Crime/Punishment and the sexual mores of transhuman societies....

1) Moira is alive and well on Krakoa,
    Untill we see her in the current timeline we can’t be sure. We only see her at the beginning of the new project as Charles dons the helmet. And we pointedly don’t see Xavier’s face either so we have a few things to ponder.

3) The other references I can see to a No-Place in the series are the "Krakoan No-Place vent" that Forge uses as an unlimited power-source for the Island's technology, and the No-Place which is described as a habitat area grown from Krakoa without the Island's knowledge using an artificially created flower. That's.... pretty suspect and very, very sketchy. It's not just that other mutants can't access it, Krakoa itself doesn't know it's there, even though enough energy is being drawn from it to power the entire mutant civilisation on the Island and (possibly more importantly) the Cerebro cradles the entire resurrection protocol relies upon. In fact, I'm saying "it", but there are five Cerebro cradles, each of which would need their own No-Place vent for power. Remind me, what's the Third Law of Mutantdom again?
    Indeed, the infrastructure that Krakoan society is based upon are not transparent. Which is suspect to say the least. Combine that with the ritualistic manner that resurrection is handled and we have a state that is being less than open and honest with its people.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Sure, give Nova another chance to kill 16 million more mutants...
    Hey, when you find something you're good at that gives you pleasure...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    1) Magneto has to remove his helmet from time to time so Cerebro can record his memories in case he dies.
    This raises an interesting question. How does a mutant that is resistant to telepathy get backed up. Like can a mind be copied that is impervious to telepathy. Or a mutant like surge with eletrical powers which we know can hurt telepaths, does Xavier have to be more delicate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Sure, give Nova another chance to kill 16 million more mutants...
    As of now, Jean lobotomized her with empathy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This made me laugh out loud.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Untill we see her in the current timeline we can’t be sure. We only see her at the beginning of the new project as Charles dons the helmet. And we pointedly don’t see Xavier’s face either so we have a few things to ponder.

Indeed, the infrastructure that Krakoan society is based upon are not transparent. Which is suspect to say the least. Combine that with the ritualistic manner that resurrection is handled and we have a state that is being less than open and honest with its people.

Hickman likes to be opaque at times, but so far as I can tell it's only POX that has the switches between lives, HOX ostensibly takes place over (mostly) one month of the X-Men's lives. That's 99.9% sure to be Moira living on the very down low.

The thing that jumps out to me about the 'collective consciousness' part of being on Krakoa is, well, doesn't that mean everyone there is part of the same Hive-mind effect? Linked by Krakoa and (possibly) influenced by the Island to feel all happy and forgiving and just plain old trusting towards their fellow mutants? I could be wrong and it's just a reference to Krakoa spanning its unique consciousness across all of its Islands and habitats, but if that is part of what it means it could explain why all of the X-Men are going along with Xavier's plan without asking any difficult questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Well said. I do think without a doubt that unless you're a minority and know exactly how it feels you're not going to be able to connect to this story on the level that the rest of us can. You'll just see this as like, the Avengers making their own country or whatever. Others choose to focus on more pedantic details. Obviously that's not a blanket statement and more of a generalization but it definitely holds true.
    As the Brass Eye once said “Now that is scientific fact—there's no real evidence for it—but it is scientific fact".

In other words you are not making any sense with that assertion.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

This raises an interesting question. How does a mutant that is resistant to telepathy get backed up. Like can a mind be copied that is impervious to telepathy. Or a mutant like surge with eletrical powers which we know can hurt telepaths, does Xavier have to be more delicate.
    Jean is an omega telepath. If Hickman wants that to mean something than she should be able to breach most of not all telepathic defenses. With that said mutants with resistance can control it do a degree to let their defenses down so this shouldn’t be an issue. If they dint or can’t handle oh well, they don’t come back. Power dampeners are also a way around this

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    As the Brass Eye once said “Now that is scientific fact—there's no real evidence for it—but it is scientific fact".

In other words you are not making any sense with that assertion.
    Er i meant to say that I was making a blanket statement.

Spectacular Member

Ha! Nicely put.

Though if I'm right, the Nova wearing Xavier's body like a fabulous coat is a Cerebro-sourced back-up of her parasitical mentality from just before the events of E is for Extinction. Which would technically mean that this Nova/Xavier didn't kill the 16 million of Genosha, but was certainly inspired by it to create Krakoa and do it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As a Jew (and a gay dude), I also have a problem with any radical advocacy being equated with nazism.

On a story level there are certainly darker and more ominous elements to Krakoa, its government and agenda. These are intentional and deliberately ambiguous for future exploration by Hickman. We all know that. But it's also understandable why fans - especially fans with any kind of stake in the original metaphor, myself included - relate to the X-Men being tired of being hunted and slaughtered and deciding to go after their own rights and rules with no more apologizing. Krakoa is liberation, and it's the same kind of power by right that any other Marvel heroes have taken on a whim.

They are not hunting and murdering humankind. They are offering benefits to the planet, including its human population. And they are consolidating their own future. There are troubling and, as a reader, intriguing echoes of other power structures and ideas in Krakoa. There's also years of material, and a new dawn for mutants and for the metaphor which needed to change. I'm sure it will continue to evolve.
    Those of us who strongly identify with the metaphor are tired of seeing them getting hunted and opressed. We've seen it for 50 years. Time for the metaphor to modernize.
    I feel seen.

Damn I hated that ending.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    As a Jew (and a gay dude), I also have a problem with any radical advocacy being equated with nazism.

On a story level there are certainly darker and more ominous elements to Krakoa, its government and agenda. These are intentional and deliberately ambiguous for future exploration by Hickman. We all know that. But it's also understandable why fans - especially fans with any kind of stake in the original metaphor, myself included - relate to the X-Men being tired of being hunted and slaughtered and deciding to go after their own rights and rules with no more apologizing. Krakoa is liberation, and it's the same kind of power by right that any other Marvel heroes have taken on a whim.

They are not hunting and murdering humankind. They are offering benefits to the planet, including its human population. And they are consolidating their own future. There are troubling and, as a reader, intriguing echoes of other power structures and ideas in Krakoa. There's also years of material, and a new dawn for mutants and for the metaphor which needed to change. I'm sure it will continue to evolve.
    You mean not as of yet... If baseline humans aren't welcomed on Krakoa why offer them commerce? Why should baseline humans allow mutants to travel freely among them as if it were a two way street? And, what of children that are born with an X-Gene? What of the mutants that don't want to move to Krakoa (I.e., Franklin Richards), will the council vote that he be kidnapped or will they just clone him so that Krakoa can have its very own universal reality warper?

Er i meant to say that I was making a blanket statement.
    Maybe don’t make blanket statements and then claim them to hold true.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 10-04-2019 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Are we sure that's the same Krakoa? I was assuming it's the one from Wolverine and the X-Men
    Krakoa was able to recognize Apocalypse thousands of years later. It must be the original.