Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Another wonderful issue. The council was great, and I do hope we get to see more of them soon. Thought Hickman did a great job with Jean, and love seeing her with Nightcralwer and Storm.

The ending wasn't nearly suggestive as I thought it was going to be. You can interpret in a lot of ways, but it seemed more on the friendly side than sexual.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I haven’t had time to read the entirety of the previous 20 pages lol so forgive me if you’ve already explained your qualms but what would lead you to believe that, I must ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    You guys Sabretooth didnt look like a push over in those scenes at all. But like even if he tried. What could have he really done to that council?

Also why is mutant law a farce? I don't get why that is a take away. Can you elaborate. Sorry I forgot the quote the right person because these pages increase fast.
    I will lead with the obvious: that the basis for most reasons given for Creeds treatment at the council is that he is a "Bad Person" who deserves it.

There were no laws when Creed did what he did. No council. No Nation. Magneto's instruction was not binding, he lacked any recognizable authority.

The murders took place while securing the data needed about the space station which they would later attack during which Wolverine kills humans. Yet Wolverine is not even scrutinized. The argument has been made that Wolverine did so in defense of the nation, but that has not been formalized by the council, and if that is a valid defense then arguably Creed committed his murders while protecting the nation.

However, none of this is even argued by the council themselves. It was simply done to make an example out of him and no one made an objection.

To cap it off, Xavier makes a comment about not liking prisons and then effectively imprisons Creed.

Sinister is Orochimaru Exodus is Jiraya Selene is Tsunade

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Great issue, I especially loved the Council part and the celebration with everyone being friendly and happy. The one thing that bothers me is Jean's Marvel Girl outfit. They should have a law against it, it's a crime against fashion. Girl, just burn that thing and be Phoenix already!
    I'm with you here

The narrative is clear about how Creed was kinda done dirty in a way, but the people in the council just don't care about him at best and despise him at worst.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Guys. Don't let that poster suck you down into a jean fandom rabbit hole
    I wish I wish.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Also, loved seeing Siryn!!! So happy a writer remembered her, and actually used her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is Gorgon a Commander? This whole time, I thought he was an Inhuman till I googled and saw that those were two different characters, making the one Hickman use even more obscure and irrelevant. Why him?
    I noticed they are different characters on different franchises.
    I think thi sowuld worjk out better with them having different names, this is like cypher and cipher, it can confuse people

Why is Gorgon a Commander? This whole time, I thought he was an Inhuman till I googled and saw that those were two different characters, making the one Hickman use even more obscure and irrelevant. Why him?
    He was leader of The Hand, so he has a lot of experience. Hickman also used him in Secret Warriors so he likes the character.

BANNED

Listen, she's not pregnant by Madrox, horny for Madrox or mad at Madrox so AFAIC Terry can wear whatever old outfit she wants and let the whole banshee god thing slide.

Matter of fact: They should've shown us her and Jimmy getting it back on. And does poor Sean know Moira is alive? Bet not.

I don't know if I'd say Gorgon is obscure or irrelevant. He was the main villain when Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. had a major run on Wolverine a few years back. Hickman has since used the character in his Secret Warriors and Avengers work. He was a leader of the Hand and also Hydra. He's a mutant, and a hated enemy of Wolverine.

To me, having Wolverine hand a beer to Gorgon was to add context to Jean handing one to Emma. Like....if these two can bury the hatchet after all the crap they've done to each other (look it up, it's pretty awful), then you two fighting over a boy seems pretty ridiculous, no?

Synch and Skin being officially back has truly made this issue everything for me. Thank you Hickman!!
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    -Does anyone know who that was on the page with Karima, the third panel of the guy with the Maker like helmet on? It looks too old to be maker and definitely wasn't Xavier because the collar on the shirt is different.
    Hmm, I did not catch that the first time. I am not sure that is someone we have been introduced to yet.

BANNED

This Was a GREAT ISSUE.

Very heart felt really. As for the Laws I feel 2/3 to me made no sense and was like a No Brainer type of thing. But whatever I loved all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Attachment 87751

Too much cuteness to enjoy in a single page. The Five dancing and Siryn charging Dazzler is something I want to protect.
    I loved that sense of joy. Dazzler and Siryn look so happy entertaining the crowd together and creating the massive fireworks show for everyone. Who needs fireworks when Dazzler can create a massive light show over the entire island of Krakoa.

This is the same as that upcoming Marauders cover with Storm, it's just a cover showing Storm happy and enjoying the surging power of the storm that is around her, just joy in her powers.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”