Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    BANNED

(I do feel sorry for his thousands of fans, though)

Was that shade? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    And I've heard more praise how they've been written.

There's always going to be a segment that resists any big change. The same happend during Morrisons run.
    I agree. I’m not trying to diminish what Hickman has done. Obviously this entire story set the comic world on fire. It was a huge event and by and large lived up to the hype for the majority of people reading it. I’m just saying that people having issues with Hickman’s writing of certain characters is something I’ve also heard plenty of as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    This is 40 pages for $4.99, and still only 20 pages of story. Marvel is still running the standard ad package in these books.
    Yup, exactly why I read digital first then buy the trade once it releases.

And the book doesn't feel decompressed

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Where is Rogue?
    Yeah FFS.

This Brexit/Mexit n clone shit is hard to swallow as is, sugah the fuckin' pill.

I'm very happy with how things have unfolded. Considering the large status quo change, I'm willing to accept some character interactions not happening regardless of how much I would like to see them. I mean my favorite mutant is Betsy and we haven't seen her at all, and I'm totally cool with that for the bigger story.

Now each of the offshoot titles can address more personal things. But in my opinion, reaching what could be the joint goal for all of them (safety and paradise for mutants), I can understand taking a breather and not infighting for a little while. It's like a family reunion - we'll save the talking s**t behind each other's backs for later. But that will surely come back.

And in conclusion, if Creed threatened my children and my children's children the way he did the council, he would have had a worse fate than being exiled underground.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

IKR!? I'm surprised they didn't obliterate him on the spot and erased his DNA completely and entirely from Sinister's data base/stash.
    He came out easy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This isn't a reboot, a reboot implies a clear slate. This isn't the case.

Wolverine and Scott buried the schism on rosenberg run
    Call it what you want....reboot, relaunch, reimagining, rebranding.....the intention is to offer a clear starting point for what's to come.

There's a clear focus on moving forward. Both in the real world and in the fictional world. I'd say it's one of the themes that's at play.

I think the idea is that although it is faithful to what's come before in spirit, it's also treating most of that material with a broad brush. I don't think what we're seeing is contradictory so much as it is just a fresh take.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I don't know if I would say enemies but I wouldn't say they are allies either. It is a gray area where there are no agreements or pacts between nations. Take Brazil for example they did not accept the deal but they pose no threat to Krakoa as some allies in appearance may be.
    In this case, it's a step forward for Wakanda, considering the last time they negotiated with Mutants "in good faith", they were also secretly holding Transonic prisoner and providing safe haven for the Avengers to launch their attacks. At least this time, they're being surprisingly open about their position.

They couldn't kill him, the ressurection protocols are automatic and that would expose the Quiet Council which is meant to be a secret

Think about what happened to Namor when the Illuminati cast him out. He joined Thanos.

Creed isn't gone. World War Sabertooth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Call it what you want....reboot, relaunch, reimagining, rebranding.....the intention is to offer a clear starting point for what's to come.

There's a clear focus on moving forward. Both in the real world and in the fictional world. I'd say it's one of the themes that's at play.

I think the idea is that although it is faithful to what's come before in spirit, it's also treating most of that material with a broad brush. I don't think what we're seeing is contradictory so much as it is just a fresh take.
    Not to mention, the last few messy-ass runs already (poorly) cleared the slate on virtually everything since the schism long ago. Especially Rosenberg's debacle. The last page is literally a mutant splash page with all beefs squashed.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post

Reboot is different from relaunch or a rebranding.

I clearly see the intention of leaving everything behind and start new.

But let's face, there is a lot of continuity behind. Some of that continuity that Hickman himself use as a setup.

a fresh take can be contradictory

So.... Broo was there. That means aliens are welcome. So would Cadre K be welcome as well? Lockheed will obviously be around as well.

We still haven’t seen any of the non-mutant X-Men yet... (Longshot, Spiral, Juggernaut, Hepzibah, etc)

Spiral is an immigration officer or at least should be

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Creed isn't gone. World War Sabertooth
    100% agreed and as much as I liked inverted Creed, this is the villain I've been waiting for. *When* he escapes, or is let out, he's going to be a real problem. Just the way I like my villains.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!