Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Not that saying that. I'm saying how dangerous this action against saberbooth will prove in the future(if Hickman plans on it). Now they can punish anyone. It's a tyranny.
    I mean let's be honest about 2 mutants on that council are as sadistic to do that but I do see your point. However the other more moral members of the Quiet Council are there to be a check on that abuse of power so I don't think we have to worry about acts of Tyranny unless several members get replaced over the course of Hickman's era but then again that wouldn't be out of the ordinary for most nations lol

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yup people are suggesting this is beginning of threesomes,When it looked to me Jean was making an effort to be friendly.
    You are in denial.
    Jean grinned at Emma, ​​shared a beer with her, then Emma smiled at Scott, and he smiled back. Hehehe.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yup people are suggesting this is beginning of threesomes,When it looked to me Jean was making an effort to be friendly.
    Yeah. I just think Sinister Secret #5 is gonna come into play with Jott having side affairs with Logan & Emma respectively.

BANNED

Beer cans are code for GROUP SEX from now on.

Excellent issue. Loved the voices of everyone in the council, it just felt so right with who the characters are. Creed's punishment makes sense and goes as an answer to the concern of the X-Men just forgiving villains. The concept of the Great Captains is amazing and here's hoping we get to see more of them. They made my boy Yamamoto, so here's hoping we see him going full "turn all things to ash" on Sinister's ass eventually.

10/10. Here's hoping for some juicy stuff on Moira next week.

BANNED

The beer is a metaphor. Too bad Hickman forgot xfans r illiterate.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I mean, given Kurt's law was to make more mutants, it's obvious this party ended with an orgy.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I mean, Xavier admitted that he was being made an example of. The killing and the history they had with him did not help at all. Even Storm said that was a sentence long past due, I guess she meant that they would have had to deal with Creed at some point (but I may be wrong).

What did you guys think of Jean being quite angry/decisive I guess when shutting Creed up? Even Emma had a bit of a gentle touch while Jean went all in lol I loved that.
    Honestly I just took it as a showcase of Jean's tp power. Emma is very skilled but still didn't quite manage to shut Sabertooth down but Jean managed to bring it to a close.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    The beer is a metaphor. Too bad Hickman forgot xfans r illiterate.
    I guess people wanted Scott, Emma, Jean and Logan to start stripping each other in front of everyone.

Which Exodus would never forgive, since he was being cute telling stories to the children at the bonfire.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I just took it as a showcase of Jean's tp power. Emma is very skilled but still didn't quite manage to shut Sabertooth down but Jean managed to bring it to a close.
    I took it as a nod to the firecracker/atom bomb bit.

I didn't. Quiet vs QUIET. Its not very hard to reduce him to mindless peon

I took it as a tepid tap to shut him up with Jean being a lot more ruthless and Emma showing that being an X-Men has changed her showing more restraint in front of the council

Besides he was able to plead even after that
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-02-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    For quick review, I go back & forth on 3 or 2.5 of 5.

Love Rectangle
    Logan, Scott, Emma, and Jean are getting along well. Which is fishy and does bring up some possibility to Sinister Secret #5 for them. Polyamory or equal cheating. lol.

Cameos
    Nice to have it confirmed that Skin & Synch are back. It's too bad Monet was left out given her romantic history with Synch. You'd think they'd have gone to the celebration together.

On Sabretooth
    Narrative wise it makes sense for Hickman to get rid of him given the character has become rather useless over the years. While Hickman didn't do him any justice, he at least euthanized him to keep him off the table until something interesting or good can be done, which it may take to write him out of this,

In-story wise it makes sense given the way he's been written as a villain the last few years. He has no sense of subtly and simply can't cooperate or even pretend to like his smarter self from the 90's. He's a meathead and liability in any situation, so there's no point keeping him around. The flaw however was execution. Magneto sends him on a mission he had no business on just to punish him when he does the only thing he is good for these days, lol Unless it was a not-so-subtle way to get rid of him.

Also, now some can finally stop complaining about him getting off free. I think it was obvious he'd be punished for his crimes. Unlike Mystique, he doesn't get away with anything (everything in her case). It was only a matter of time. And clear it was gonna be lasting when he's been absent from anything related to DOX.
    I don't really get the expectation of the Monet/Synch thing. From her perspective i can see it as time has moved on she had a thing with creed, she's not exactly the same person she knew. Then on his end, he might be nervous because all he knows is who she use to be. So i can see the initial relunctance to be together if at all.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I guess people wanted Scott, Emma, Jean and Logan to start stripping each other in front of everyone.

Which Exodus would never forgive, since he was being cute telling stories to the children at the bonfire.
    Sinister already tainted the moment by being a total creep in the shadows.

Fantastic Member

There's no way this Sabretooth thing doesn't come back to bite then. There's 2 ways it can go. Something happens and he gets free and you know from there murderous rampage and all. The other possibility is they come up with some mission where he can redeem himself but that won't go well either.

Moira was apparently there as of of a month ago but is still not shown currently. Still it must mean something.

Honestly wish we got a book just on council stuff. Apocalypse acting like its all beneath him. Shaw just not caring about much. Mystique looking super bored. Exodus being superior.

Still a ton of random background filler characters just hanging out. Though we did see Synch and SKIN. Our stretchy boy is back. Dazzler and Siryn are here too. Maybe Theresa gets to do something for once.

Sinister creeping behind the bushes on Exodus is .... somewhat creepy.

Apparently everyone sharing a drink is a sign for "i'll forgive you for ruining my marriage" or whatever with Wolverine and Gorgon .... and Gorgon the perfect symbol of peace...

Emma was right

You don’t need to be a skilled telepath for this trick. Perhaps Emma wanted to torment him a little.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I didn't. Quiet vs QUIET. Its not very hard to reduce him to mindless peon

I took it as a tepid tap to shut him up with Jean being a lot more ruthless and Emma showing that being an X-Men has changed her showing more restraint in front of the council
    I took it as Emma just being lowkey annoyed at Creed while Jean was taking it more seriously.