Page 68 of 106 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1590

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That scene between Xavier and Forge occurred in Texas...most likely at Forge's Aerie, with all the holographic displays. So definitely before the first Dire Wraiths attack, circa Lifedeath 1.
    That’s how I see it too. That very first appearance left a strong impression on me and I immediately assumed it was prior to that. Yes, Xavier was walking at that time, so it wasn’t exactly concurrent, but I just imagined it was much earlier than that. I don’t really worry about wheelchair design.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Mighty Member

Krakoa's biggest issue, and it's been there since the Sinister reveal is that the nation is more or less a house of cards built on a powder keg, filled with dynamite, wrapped in grenades, doused in thermite surrounded by C4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But isn't it rather condescending?

"Oh, poor little humans. Better not kill one since they can't be cloned!"

And it's rather arrogant.
    I think some of the decision makers saw it that way yes, but ultimately it is a no murder law. Hardly controversial. The fact they are so far above humans at the moment is just part of their hubris.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

It is. The superiority complex is ingratiated in almost every representative on that mutant government.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Sorry, that's all your interpretation of what is shown. And that's fine.....if you interpret it that way, that's fine. I think we're meant to draw different conclusions based on the little info we have. I take Jean's conversation with the kid to be a less skewed version that Magneto's conversation with the spies/"delegates".
    Fair enough, I guess we'll have to wait further clarification in other X-books then. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than vindicated on this topic, just like what happened with exerting law on renegade mutants during this issue.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Krakoa's biggest issue, and it's been there since the Sinister reveal is that the nation is more or less a house of cards built on a powder keg, filled with dynamite, wrapped in grenades, doused in thermite surrounded by C4.
    What Sinister reveal are you worried about? They already know he would have betrayed them in another of Moira’s lives, but so what?

Or are you claiming PoX contains the actual future? I think that’s pretty unlikely at this stage.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What Sinister reveal are you worried about? They already know he would have betrayed them in another of Moira’s lives, but so what?

Or are you claiming PoX contains the actual future? I think that’s pretty unlikely at this stage.
    No, I mean the reveal of just working with Sinister, or basically ANY of these sociopathic villains. The whole "Oh they know their villains, they have contingency plans in place is inherently a dumb rebuttal, because those plans by their very nature must be reactionary (Unless we're going pro mind crime state) and if you let any of these guys make the first move... you're in for a bad time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well of course the majority of the council are in favor of the no killing policy for international political reasons. You just got your nation status approved by the human controlled United Nations, you have to be careful. That is the very reason Magneto voted in favor of it.

As for humans coming to the island. Magneto told a bunch of government operatives who were all confirmed as spies by the Cuckoos that humans are not allowed on the island. While Jean Grey, who is also a standing member of the Quiet Council, told a mutant child that yes humans can visit the island as long as Krakoa approves and that mutants bring them to the island through the portal. In other words a mutant can come to the island as long as they don't pose a threat to the mutants and that they don't pose a threat to the sentient island itself.
    This is right there on the page....Even if you allow for personal interpretation, how can anyone doubt what is actually meant...on. the. page.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

They literally call themselves homo sapien superior lol mutants have always been arrogant.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Wow, people will complain about anything. Mutant "arrogance" leads them to defend human life. Yeah, I'm sure humans will be really offended when they hear about it and demand to be murdered as a sign of equality. It's too bad humans didn't have this kind of arrogance so they'd stop murdering Mutants.

Astonishing Member

No, I mean the reveal of just working with Sinister, or basically ANY of these sociopathic villains. The whole "Oh they know their villains, they have contingency plans in place is inherently a dumb rebuttal, because those plans by their very nature must be reactionary (Unless we're going pro mind crime state) and if you let any of these guys make the first move... you're in for a bad time.
    I mean the in story reason is that this is the only way mutants can stave off extinction by all joining forces. The meta reason would be to inject a bit of drama down the line when some of these big personalities clash with each other.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Wow, people will complain about anything. Mutant "arrogance" leads them to defend human life. Yeah, I'm sure humans will be really offended when they hear about it and demand to be murdered as a sign of equality.
    Ppl r literally looking for any excuse to be offended while in the same breath condemning mutants for being entitled little snowflakes who dare ask not to be wiped out. At least XMen have never been closer to real life minorities experience.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean the in story reason is that this is the only way mutants can stave off extinction by all joining forces. The meta reason would be to inject a bit of drama down the line when some of these big personalities clash with each other.
    I know what both reasons are. I have no problem with both. It's more a step back moment of "You guys are in for it and honestly you deserve it cause you got lady Red Skull over there."

Astonishing Member

I know what both reasons are. I have no problem with both. It's more a step back moment of "You guys are in for it and honestly you deserve it cause you got lady Red Skull over there."
    Eh I don't think it will be as doom&gloom as all that I mean Hickman already had Sinister join Krakoa, assassinate most of it's leadership, and destroy it with a singularity in Life 9. I doubt he's going to do a re-tread of it here most likely it'll be a bait and switch where the story looks like it's headed for disaster only for it to be thwarted.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't get you guys. Kid A and Kid B are friends they share toys.

-Kid A breaks one Kid B toys. It is fine they are still friends.
    -Kid A takes another of Kid B toys and breaks it, This is repeat over and over.
    -Finally Kid B decides he going to keep his toys where Kid A can't get it
    -Kid A and Kid B still play together but Kid B keeps toys away

Only you guys would say Kid B isn't trying to be friends because he isn't sharing his toys. It is sheer insanity of going the injured party in situation must follow the same rules is crazy knowing what is the result. The relationship isn't 50/50 because of Kid A. When there is sign of Kid A learning not break toys maybe Kid B will bring out his toys.But excuse the french but why the F**k would mutants let humans around them in their safe grounds without proof they are different.

There is one Genocide event that we don't talk about in 1491 to 1691 about 90 percent of indigenous people population in America disappeared the starting number is somewhere between 18 - 50 million pre columbus . What you guys are saying is Mutants should be like (and no disrespect intended) indigenous people and let the "colonist" slaughter you in the name of "coexisting". The population of the US today is 327.2 million people the indigenous people population in the US today is 6.7 million. Yeah share your lands with them and "coexist" and what could go wrong.

We don't what coexisting entails lol, We know what coexisting entails very well
    This is a great analogy and shows why I can’t for the life of me understand the thought process of people who think the humans are being mistreated in this storyline. Like what in the world?? Same goes for people who see #JusticeforSabretooth as the hill they want to die on. I have a hard time thinking of a more sadistic, vile, gleefully murderous and unabashedly savage individual. Even faced with sentencing all he could do was froth at the mouth and revel in the thought of tearing them all to pieces. And their kids. And their kids’ kids. This is after he was told not to take human life on their mission. After he was brought to Krakoa and informed how bloody important this initiative was to mutantkind. AFTER he was given his blank slate second chance. After he risked the mission’s success, almost causing Mystique and Toad not to make it back through the portal with intel that was ESSENTIAL to the survival of the mutant race. The man is lucky he wasn’t executed with the backups permanently deleted. A decision that I’m sure will come back to haunt them all. Give me a break.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I don't think it will be as doom&gloom as all that I mean Hickman already had Sinister join Krakoa, assassinate most of it's leadership, and destroy it with a singularity in Life 9. I doubt he's going to do a re-tread of it here most likely it'll be a bait and switch where the story looks like it's headed for disaster only for it to be thwarted.
    Oh I'm certain they're not going to completely fuck it.

But there's definitely gonna be a moment where the X-men will be all

And it'll be all, "no duh."