Page 76 of 106 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1590

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Exactly this. I don't like Sabretooth, but inflicting the most nightmarish form of punishment on him for breaking a law they just then created screams totalitarianism. The Hickman kool-aid drinkers refuse to see that though, since mutants are getting a "win". It doesn't matter that the X-Men are basically the Inhumans now, are now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform.
    Yeah this is kind of an extreme view. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are the people you just compared them too.

That's a little much, no?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I see one big fundamental flaw in the new nation of Krakoa - it is dependent on a small group of people to function, and if any one of them is lost, the whole thing falls apart.

Those people are Doug Ramsey and the 5 who bring back the dead. Without Doug they can't communicate with Krakoa, which would be very bad since they live on him. And if any 1 of the 5 were to die no one would be able to be resurrected ever.

I'm assuming Xavier can be replaced and that other telepaths could use Cerebro like he does to complete the resurrection process.

A society that is so dependent on any individual to function is on shaky ground. This isn't about filling government positions, these are absolutely necessary functions that literally no one else in the world can do.
    I suppose a skilled telepath could achieve what Xavier did and manage to communicate mind to mind with Krakoa. The Resurrection process is incredibly fragile though, I agree. Sinister must be the last option on this one, and before him mutants who can emulate/duplicate the same powers than the Five.
    Some sort of security should be at play around those guys too.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean isn't murdering and the threat of murder generally frowned upon in most civilized societies?
    If you're gonna yank him out of one trial for murder to just torture him endlessly, what does that say about Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Right, but that's what makes it so glaring. "We're above such things on Krakoa....now let me cast Sabretooth into this thing that is exactly like, but is not named, a prison."
    That is hipocrisy, like USA land of freedom but has the biggest population detained on prisons, some because they stole bread or 150 dollars jacket

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What do you mean?
    ...and simply that "death is meaningless", are we being encouraged, or expected to be, or were we meant to be callous, detached, sick fiendish fappers to hack n slash writers and artists. Nah man, not for me, not my kink and not what I want for the franchise.

Anything that facilitates hacky and slashy gory writers and artists ain't something I want my money going to.

The Krakoa stuff, I love, it's interesting and the x-books have lacked world building for years.

Some posters do need to back down on the defensive attitudes and accusations, leave others have a say. Say your piece and stfu

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah this is kind of an extreme view. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they are the people you just compared them too.

That's a little much, no?
    I feel like people are missing the comparison. I'm not calling the X-Men nazis.

BANNED

Can maybe you understand a joke, or did it go over your head? No one is calling the X-Men actual Nazis. But my point remains that the X-Men are clearly not people to cheer for in any way shape, or form. Their government is pure totalitarianism, all in the name of taking the central idea of the X-Men since their inception are taking a crap all over it.
    Good to know you find Nazi's funny enough to joke about?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They just need to kill a healer and another one of the essential x-men. Doesn't look like a hard task
    I would suspect the five has Secret service levels of protection. Even from the general public. I could easily imagine people stalking them to protect them. (they need their own book. lol) If your a mutant brought back by them, hoping to one day be brought back if something happens, or are waiting for someone in the queue to be brought back you are not going to let anyone hurt these five or their backups.

Then on top of that you don't know how many fully fertilized husks Xavier has waiting to go for each of the 5 that would only require one skilled telepath to put their soul back in. And that's if their mutant consciousness doesn't auto jump to the next viable body which has been known to happen.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Exactly this. I don't like Sabretooth, but inflicting the most nightmarish form of punishment on him for breaking a law they just then created screams totalitarianism. The Hickman kool-aid drinkers refuse to see that though, since mutants are getting a "win". It doesn't matter that the X-Men are basically the Inhumans now, are now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform.
    To be fair, and while I sometimes wonder if some of the Hickman praise is similar to the emperors new clothes, one does not have to be drinking the kool aid to be lured in by the good vibes the X-Men are giving off. The book is written well enough that it does feel genuinely happy, and coming off some really miserable runs that is welcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Hell, Xavier himself points it out in the story.
    Even that gives me the vibe of "I know what I just convinced you to do was horrible, but think of the paradise I am giving you".

BANNED

Also it's somewhat ironic to see a fan of renowned animal abuser/murderer Emma Frost take such a moral stance against minorities acting like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    To be fair, and while I sometimes wonder if some of the Hickman praise is similar to the emperors new clothes, one does not have to be drinking the kool aid to be lured in by the good vibes the X-Men are giving off. The book is written well enough that it does feel genuinely happy, and coming off some really miserable runs that is welcoming.

Even that gives me the vibe of "I know what I just convinced you to do was horrible, but think of the paradise I am giving you".
    The victory doesn't feel earned. They abandoned Xavier's dream. If this was an AU, fine whatever. But just skipping to the X-Men not being hunted and oppressed anymore just feels cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post

This is a interesting take, since I also got this vibe of everything has a price and in this case can be integrity.

I just think it isjump shark absolute majority just agreed to do this

I feel like people are missing the comparison. I'm not calling the X-Men nazis.
    You did bring Nazis into the conversation, whether as a direct comparison or not.

"now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform"

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Also it's somewhat ironic to see a fan of renowned animal abuser/murderer Emma Frost take such a moral stance against minorities acting like everyone else.
    Now we going after characters for fictional fur. lol. I honestly never though i would see the day. THIS is 2019.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Maybe stop flaming and trolling people who don't agree with you? Might work out, who knows.