Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1590
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The victory doesn't feel earned. They abandoned Xavier's dream. If this was an AU, fine whatever. But just skipping to the X-Men not being hunted and oppressed anymore just feels cheap.
    Those of us who strongly identify with the metaphor are tired of seeing them getting hunted and opressed. We've seen it for 50 years. Time for the metaphor to modernize.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You did bring Nazis into the conversation, whether as a direct comparison or not.

"now about as sympathetic and likeable as a piranha in an SS uniform"
    Because the Nazis were so well known for their army of piranha carrying out the Fuhrer's will...

So what? You want another X-Men Gold, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men retread?

You guys they have been giving us the same stories for like 10 years.

Extraordinary Member

The victory doesn't feel earned. They abandoned Xavier's dream. If this was an AU, fine whatever. But just skipping to the X-Men not being hunted and oppressed anymore just feels cheap.
    I do agree wholly with that. My biggest criticism is that there is no 'story', there has been no journey, no conflict, no loss even, no climax. It is just a conclusion. One issue left to convince me though.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

it doesn't need to be nothing or all of it

Because I think the victory is cheap I want another of the worst runs in X-history?

BANNED

I have no idea what you're trying to say here. Maybe stop flaming and trolling people who don't agree with you? Might work out, who knows.
    My only advice to you is next time you feel like you want to use the Nazi's to strengthen your argument, don't. Godwin's law and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I do agree wholly with that. My biggest criticism is that there is no 'story', there has been no journey, no conflict, no loss even, no climax. It is just a conclusion. One issue left to convince me though.
    This was all easy, but looks just like the start of the story and the struggle gonna happen

Astonishing Member

If you're gonna yank him out of one trial for murder to just torture him endlessly, what does that say about Krakoa?
    That's it's just like every other Nation that employs a life sentence for murder?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Now we going after characters for fictional fur. lol. I honestly never though i would see the day. THIS is 2019.
    Um are you not aware of Emma sadistically murdering Firestars best friend Butter Rum. Her pet horse? One of Emma's most iconic moments tbh.

Because I think the victory is cheap I want another of the worst runs in X-history?
    No. I'm saying you seem to want the same stories they were telling in the last 10 years with no change.

Also people really??? Don't start bring up things about individual characters that a poster you disagree with likes.

Stick with the actual debate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I'd rather not waste a bunch of issues on "the journey" when it's been pretty damn outlined so far why this is happening to the tune of 16 million dead mutants and having their population reduced to 198 thanks to humans.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That's it's just like every other Nation that employs a life sentence for murder?
    Sure the laws are made before the crime and you aren't setenced by a jury with rapists and mass murders

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

No. I'm saying you seem to want the same stories they were telling in the last 10 years with no change.

Also people really??? Don't start bring up things about individual characters that a poster you disagree with likes.

Stick with the actual debate.
    Agreed. We can disagree on stories without being petty. I think one poster was banned just last night for noting that fans of a character meant they were disgusting irl. Lets not start going there with huge accusations. Again Fiction =/= Reality, nor does it speak on how people are irl.

So far it's a nice debate. Heated, but good.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'd rather not waste a bunch of issues on "the journey" when it's been pretty damn outlined so far why this is happening to the tune of 16 million dead mutants and having their population reduced to 198 thanks to humans.
    Wanda was a mutant and Cassadra isn't a human or a mutant