Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1590
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp...
    "Missing the point"...As Ororo101 rightly says...seems to be the gist of most of the arguments against what HiX-Man is trying to achieve with HoX/PoX.
    What most of the points boil down to is:
    Not the X-Men I know. Not my X-Men. Not the Story(ies) I want to Read involving My X-Men...with paragraphs of explanatory rationales. And that's all well and good, except...

It's not YOUR personal X-Men...written for you and you only.
    It's not My personal X-Men...written for me and me only.

At which point do you stop personally questioning the writer's talent, capability and intent, about HIS story, HE is being paid to tell?
    At which point do you say: "You know what? This is not for me." and move on, if you find it so reprehensible?
    Because the scratched record some of you keep playing over and over and over (under the guise of 'debate')...without adding anything of real value to the discussions...is so mind-numbingly tedious, it's shocking.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-03-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I do agree wholly with that. My biggest criticism is that there is no 'story', there has been no journey, no conflict, no loss even, no climax. It is just a conclusion. One issue left to convince me though.
    Again someone trying to dictate how stories are told. This is an event driven story and it was always going to be so because that is what Hickman does. He is probably the best current writer at this style working in comics.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yes, and during that time Marvel bent over backwards to say he was evil and horrible and wrong for "abandoning Charles's dream". Now all of a sudden everyone in on board for a far more extreme version?
    Yep! Things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I think we can all see where your supremacist leanings are! I for one hope this book opens your eyes
    Seriously? Probably you could benefit by trying to open yours just a little bit too.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Those of us who strongly identify with the metaphor are tired of seeing them getting hunted and opressed. We've seen it for 50 years. Time for the metaphor to modernize.
    As a Jew (and a gay dude), I also have a problem with any radical advocacy being equated with nazism.

On a story level there are certainly darker and more ominous elements to Krakoa, its government and agenda. These are intentional and deliberately ambiguous for future exploration by Hickman. We all know that. But it's also understandable why fans - especially fans with any kind of stake in the original metaphor, myself included - relate to the X-Men being tired of being hunted and slaughtered and deciding to go after their own rights and rules with no more apologizing. Krakoa is liberation, and it's the same kind of power by right that any other Marvel heroes have taken on a whim.

They are not hunting and murdering humankind. They are offering benefits to the planet, including its human population. And they are consolidating their own future. There are troubling and, as a reader, intriguing echoes of other power structures and ideas in Krakoa. There's also years of material, and a new dawn for mutants and for the metaphor which needed to change. I'm sure it will continue to evolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    His face has stayed hidden for a while. He may have a Sinister diamond on him somewhere. lol

I don't agree with wild theories like him being Moira or Nova. lol But I do think last issue may reveal something is not right. Of course, given the last issue and so many things to resolve, Idk if this will be the case. maybe Xavier is normal and uncorrupted .
    I'm hoping he is normal and uncorrupted, we've got villains aplenty, and the X in X-Men becomes questionable if he's a big bad.

I kinda did prefer him as dead/a ghost/history/an ideal but then again he'd make an intimidating foe, but I'd prefer to know for sure.

Have you checked out the last page of the POX #6 - GUESSING GAME thread? Creeds story has a parallel and so maybe more to come. I had a brainwave concerning it, a jump scare sort of deal but I'm talking myself out of it now, maybe it'll be just a dangling plot for later, which I've a theory of too, a wave 2 book, featuring a certain someone.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'm hoping he is normal and uncorrupted, we've got villains aplenty, and the X in X-Men becomes questionable if he's a big bad.

I kinda did prefer him as dead/a ghost/history/an ideal but then again he'd make an intimidating foe, but I'd prefer to know for sure.
    Oh I don't think he's a villain, or would stay one. But it would be interesting if he were not quite himself and when he gets himself back, why would he feel with the Council Krakoa has lol His scene with Magneto at the end here will probably not last & go sour in a big way.

Since it's a red band issue I am trying to thing of some possible big twists without it getting silly, like Xavier = The Maker.

Have you checked out the last page of the POX #6 - GUESSING GAME thread? Creeds story has a parallel and so maybe more to come. I had a brainwave concerning it, a jump scare sort of deal but I'm talking myself out of it now, maybe it'll be just a dangling plot for later, which I've a theory of too, a wave 2 book, featuring a certain someone
    I've seen the thread but only skimmed and tossed in a few possibilities.For now, I figure this was an an exit for Creed for a while. I don't expect big arcs for him because he's just not a character writers have investment in anymore unless they need a scapegoat.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-03-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Once again, Jonathan Hickman has knocked it out of the park. And seeing the mutants' new government in action is both fantastic and worrisome at the same time. As I write in my own review:

It's because of Xavier's [ending] monologue, and what precedes it, that makes House of X #6 so controversial. Of course, you might say there's nothing controversial about this issue at all. After all, the mutants, having set aside all their differences, have finally achieved peace and freed themselves from persecution. But if you think everything about Krakoa is all sunshine and rainbows, then you haven't been reading closely.
    Stillanerd Reads: House of X #6
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Well it's certainly not sunshine and rainbows in this thread.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Well it's certainly not sunshine and rainbows in this thread.
    Just typical CBR. Still not bad as X-Twitter. lol

Wait a second, Chuck? Wasn’t your twin sister, Cassandra Nova, who’s responsible for killing all 16 million mutants on Genosha? And isn’t she, like you, a mutant? Why are you accusing the humans of that specific genocide when they didn’t commit it?
    Cassandra Nova isn’t a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cassandra Nova isn’t a mutant.
    Well, she kind of is. Although to get technical, she's a parasitic lifeform from the astral plane who took on a physical body when she bonded to Xavier while he was still in the womb. (That's Grant Morrison for you). But mutant or no, she's not really human either.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I'm not that sure that the quality of the debates in this forum always reflects the complexity of his writing...
    You know full well it doesn’t.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Oh I don't think he's a villain, or would stay one. But it would be interesting if he were not quite himself and when he gets himself back, why would he feel with the Council Krakoa has lol His scene with Magneto at the end here will probably not last & go sour in a big way.

Since it's a red band issue I am trying to thing of some possible big twists without it getting silly, like Xavier = The Maker.
    The maker is on FF book, people really exagerated on it. Clearly isn't him

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I know X is not the maker but I'm starting to wish it was someone other than Xavier. With current Marvel Xavier will end up doing something terrible and edgy and fans will hate him for that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-03-2019 at 04:42 PM.