Page 84 of 106 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1590
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I haven't seen anyone defending his actions, nor the need for consequences for them. The arguments center around him being punished for a law that had only recently been created, and punished in a monstrous way.
    poor wittle sabretooth never gonna eat somebody again this is how nazism started

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In my many years on CBR I have never seen somebody defend Mystique and Emma isn't a psychopath.
    Emma is arguably a rapist given the shady nature of her start with Cyclops. While it was Mystique's thread a few more brought her up as an example when she pretends to be a therapist & starts sexing up a depressed PTSD man under the guise of it being part of a treatment. lol And the very predatory way she was introduced for it.

And this was the woman he was paired with for years as a great love. The way that ship took off was shady as Hell.

And I have seen posts defending Mystique. Some in her closed thread defending her actions or saying they weren't that bad. Some who call her morally grey or an anti-hero. People that say she's someone who fights for a political purpose & never kills for pleasure. HA!

Then there's the special treatment writers give her where she's on numerous X-teams, getting hugged at Rogue's wedding to the man she raped, and now has a special seat of the Krakoa Council to make rules. And aside from Wolverine killing her that one time for around 5 chapters, she never gets much payback given to her. She's on the same moral level as Creed, but receives much better treatment & more passes. And I see fans grant her much more excuse for her actions. She was abused by her father. She lost Destiny. She's in grief. She cares for mutants. She's a freedom fighter. etc.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-03-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Emma raping Scott is ridiculous imo. I mean, she does look creepy as hell in that panel, but...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

please let's not turn this into another Emma deppreciation thread that eventually becomes another Jean vs Emma thread.
    Like has happened so many times before.

BANNED

lmao Emma did not rape Scott.

I won't defend KT's garbage fanfic, I have never been a fan of her writing. The only way people "defend" Mystique is by complaining that she's been written horribly since Claremont stopped writing her. However, Rapetooth's been rapin' and murderin' since his first appearance. That's his character. #JusticeForBirdie

poor wittle sabretooth never gonna eat somebody again this is how nazism started
    "How they treat the worst of us is an indicator of how they treat the rest of us."

Unless we want to go ahead and suspend human rights for evil people.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, I can't recall any defense of Mystique. She's just a more interesting irredeemable villain to read about than Sabretooth is.
    She is not totally irredimable, Rogue and Destiny show she can very little times not be completely evil.
    She also saved Gambit's cats.

"How they treat the worst of us is an indicator of how they treat the rest of us."

*Mutant rights

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Sabretooth wasn’t being judged off of his past crimes. He was being judged for his crimes committed AFTER being offered his place on Krakoa. His slate was no longer blank and he jeopardized the livelihood of the entire mutant race. Human sociopaths/murderers are placed into solitary confinement for decades for less offenses than Sabretooth. Or capital punishment is administered. Pick your poison.His lack of remorse or understanding solidified his punishment. You’ll find no sympathy for an unrepentant, crazed, rapist murdering sociopath here.
    What you're skipping over is that Sabertooth committed no crime because the law that was invoked to justify punishing him did not exist until they created it at his show-trial. That's not how laws work. You can go on and on about what murderous scum Creed is, and that's fine, but morality should have no place in the application of a just law. What's fair for one is fair for all. What happened to Creed was totalitarianism, plain and simple. If you're one of those people who think criminals should have no rights, then I'm sure the prison industrial complex owes you a lunch voucher for the Texas roadhouse.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

I also have an English major and misquoting people and/or making them up to prove a point was generally frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    please let's not turn this into another Emma deppreciation thread that eventually becomes another Jean vs Emma thread.
    With certain posters on here? You're probably asking too much.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They drank cheap beer together.

It's over with.

I also have an English major and misquoting people and/or making them up to prove a point was generally frowned upon.
    What did I make up? Especially since you just equated giving Sabretooth actual rights as established as inalienable as leading to Nazism.

I can't speak for anyone else for Mystique, Daken, etc are clearly bad guys who done bad things. They are clearly not good people BUT people use terms for what they are doing at times that in scifi or fantasy there is some grey area elements to those things. On that note I am leaving that topic alone.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

lmao Emma did not rape Scott.

I won't defend KT's garbage fanfic, I have never been a fan of her writing. The only way people "defend" Mystique is by complaining that she's been written horribly since Claremont stopped writing her. However, Rapetooth's been rapin' and murderin' since his first appearance. That's his character. #JusticeForBirdie
    He raped someone in Iron Fist in 1977? I didn't read it, so I am actually asking. Silver Fox was a memory implant. She showed up alive working for Hydra and told the real story. Creed wouldn't leave her alone and she knocked out one of his teeth and he remained bitter that she told him no. This was X-Factor in the 90's. After that reveal, he wasn't hinted or shown as a rapist that I recall until Loeb & Aaron in 2007 + 2010, two very questionable to bad X-Writer. Loeb actively contradicting & rewriting canon events shown in present-day to suit his narrative. Then no writer after them followed up on any of their work, aside from the pathetic romance with Mystique from Aaron.

Maybe I missed something. But I can't recall any writer pushing that as an aspect of his character outside of Loeb & Aaron, who imo were so bad they need to big ignored with all the mess they did with every character they wrote. EVen Frank Tieri who wrote Creed at his worst didn't imply or hint him as a rapist that I remember. A cannibal, yes.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-03-2019 at 05:51 PM.