Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I'm not expecting any big changes on Krakoa other than the possible reveal of Xavier's true endgame. The Dawn of X solicitations say that it's an optimistic time for mutants and Krakoa is still there. I'm expecting the big reveals to be from the Phalanx story in 1000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    The mole people?
    Xavier and Magneto are married but didn't invite anyone else to the ceremony. Except Mystique. Cue drama.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    what's left for it to resolve?
    - Moira's life 6 is still a mystery
    - What does Sinister know that puts him ahead of the whole game?
    - What connects Xavier and the Librarian? (as per the symbol on cheek)

Guesses: POX 6 - Moira turns out to have her own agenda/is villain working with Sinister or Sentinels,
    The Phalanx used the TITAN as a black hole to travel in time and and give Xavier Librarian data
    Sinister has been colluding with Moira all along (or maybe with x^3)

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The reveal will be Moira's long-term plan: Mutants must survive/surpass/defeat the Phalanx assimilation. Mutant consciousness--collected by Xavier and his successors--will be made into a larger super-massive society that can do battle with the Phalanx in a thousand years.

X3 will be Life 6, where Moira learns the long-term stakes.

We've seen Marauders, Excalibur, and maybe Fallen Angels set up in HoX6, so PoX6 will set up New Mutants and X-Men with this reveal.
    My expectations are along these lines, I think.

Cerebro seems to be an attempt to create a hivemind of the kind that will be recognized by the Phalanx. So I expect some kind of resolution to the X3 era story, likely Moira life 6, that then informs her real reason for steering things this way.

I also kind of expect some kind of follow up to Sabretooth's exile.

If any of the X2/life 9 characters have survived in some way, then I think it would be shown here. This book began with them, so I think it would make sense to end it with them, if they're going to reappear at all.

And finally, some bit about Sinister.

I think a lot of stuff will be left for the upcoming series, but those are the bits that seem outstanding when looking a this series as its own thing.

Amazing Member

A short list of things that need to be answered. I will be happy if we get just one:

1) WHO IS THIS "Prof X". Why does Hickman hide his face. (Likely not answered). Will "Man called X" Fantomex body swap be addressed (not likely)

2) The Gap between UXM and HOX .
    How did X reintroduce himself to the Xmen. We saw his recruitment of Emma but would like to see how he disclosed his Krakoa plan to Mags, Jean (she had the idea first!), Cyclops (hey so did he), Logan etc... (Sub question. Was Krakoa ALWAYS the plan going back to his conversation with Forge? Recruitment of Mags? Was resurrection always something they knew about? or did they stumble to it between UXM and HOX? Did Moira know about resurrection from a prior life? If so, then why did so many Xmen (including Xavs himself) die before HOX1?

3) Is everyone a "resurrected" Xman or have most or some continued in their original bodies since UXM 22 (at least until the Orchis mission). Was that Scott Jean and Logan the same ones who reunited in UXM 22? (Evidence suggest otherwise) if so, then WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM????? (there's another 12 issue story there for sure). I suspect there's huge reset button buried in "stasis" under Krakoa now.

Fantastic Member

Based on the books so far, it's going to set up more world building and potential plots and resolve very little. My predictions:

X0: we see Xavier and Magneto meet with Apocalypse and explain that they have a plan. These are the three Moira worked with in past lives and would explain why hes on the same council section as Xavier and Magneto.

X1: something to do with the establishment of the no place, and that moira is hiding down there (in stasis)

X2: if it comes up, somehow showing something about Nimrod.

X3: resolution to the Phalanx. It will then end stating it was the end of Moira's sixth life. The other options are it's a continuation of x2, which wouldn't make sense or the inevitable future of x1/normal time, which would make it pointless.

I don't think we will find any pod people buried away, as that would invalidate dawn of x with copy characters and lose reader investment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    A short list of things that need to be answered. I will be happy if we get just one:

1) WHO IS THIS "Prof X". Why does Hickman hide his face. (Likely not answered). Will "Man called X" Fantomex body swap be addressed (not likely)

2) The Gap between UXM and HOX .
    How did X reintroduce himself to the Xmen. We saw his recruitment of Emma but would like to see how he disclosed his Krakoa plan to Mags, Jean (she had the idea first!), Cyclops (hey so did he), Logan etc... (Sub question. Was Krakoa ALWAYS the plan going back to his conversation with Forge? Recruitment of Mags? Was resurrection always something they knew about? or did they stumble to it between UXM and HOX? Did Moira know about resurrection from a prior life? If so, then why did so many Xmen (including Xavs himself) die before HOX1?

3) Is everyone a "resurrected" Xman or have most or some continued in their original bodies since UXM 22 (at least until the Orchis mission). Was that Scott Jean and Logan the same ones who reunited in UXM 22? (Evidence suggest otherwise) if so, then WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM????? (there's another 12 issue story there for sure). I suspect there's huge reset button buried in "stasis" under Krakoa now.
    Honestly I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any kind of explanation for the mess that was Age of X/UXM considering those stories were just haphazardly thrown together to fill out space until this soft reboot and as such didn't really factor in to the plans of HoX/PoX.

BANNED

Biggest dangling plotline has to be the Phalanx role in all of this and how it relates to Cypher/Warlock infecting Krakoa.

+ I fully expect the chimera X-Men to pop out of a blackhole in current timeline and look for Moira.

I think he's still got something big under his sleeve as it's a "red issue" and that's Hickman's way of showing off. "You think that was crazy, wait till next week!!!"

The things people are guessing seem rational, but I REALLY want to think that he's got something pretty special left to show off.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I think he's still got something big under his sleeve as it's a "red issue" and that's Hickman's way of showing off. "You think that was crazy, wait till next week!!!"

The things people are guessing seem rational, but I REALLY want to think that he's got something pretty special left to show off.
    The real twist is that their is no twist!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any kind of explanation for the mess that was Age of X/UXM considering those stories were just haphazardly thrown together to fill out space until this soft reboot and as such didn't really factor in to the plans of HoX/PoX.
    So.... you saying we won't find out how Major X figures into all of this?

But I think Emesem was simply referring to that time frame because it would be the logical place for a lot of this to occur, not as a bridge between them. That is, it is not about whatever dangling threads were there from AoXM/UXM, but there is obviously a lot of other things that are quite the departure from where we left off and will we be shown just how they came to happen and/or when they became part of the plan?

Amazing Member

Right. I thought UXM 22 did what it was supposed to do. Get mostly everyone back together in a world that fears and hates them. I'm one of the few that didn't hate last Xmen Story. Didnt bother to read Age of X other than the opening and closing books. Love it or hate, the deal used to be that writer would at least try to show you at some point how we got from A to B. Even when there was a "six month/five year gap). If not Hickman, I'm sure someone will at some point bridge us from UXM to HOX. I'm hoping sooner rather than later as how Prof X reestablished himself as leader of the mutants after being off the grid since the end of Morrison almost 20 years ago is a story that needs to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So.... you saying we won't find out how Major X figures into all of this?

But I think Emesem was simply referring to that time frame because it would be the logical place for a lot of this to occur, not as a bridge between them. That is, it is not about whatever dangling threads were there from AoXM/UXM, but there is obviously a lot of other things that are quite the departure from where we left off and will we be shown just how they came to happen and/or when they became part of the plan?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    X1: something to do with the establishment of the no place, and that moira is hiding down there (in stasis)
    Is this Moira a human? She if off Krakoa's radar, in a hi-tech bubble chamber which clearly stands out from the rest of the environment the mutants live in.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

1. I think something will be up with Xavier since his face has been hidden so much without the helmet. As some said, he could have a Sinister Diamond on him causing some of his more militant behavior and bringing him closer to Magneto. If they get it off, may be some shake-ups. lol

2. I think Destiny will be back in this issue, or at least finally shown.

3. Rasputin may come from the future, we do have to address that more I am sure.

4. Apocalypse seems to be a bit off for now, so we also may have him to deal with.

But that's probably it. Only one issues left and we still gotta see Moira in present, and get the lowdown on Xavier. So I don't think it'll be much. I expect my guess #2 as a cameo or small 1 page scene.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    3. Rasputin may come from the future, we do have to address that more I am sure.
    This reminds me, recent issues introduced the idea that all black holes are connected (in addition to being societies that have collapsed time/space) and Rasputin was caught in a singularity. I know people speculated that return from such a demise has recently been made fashionable in other parts of the MU, but for Hickman to bring up singularities again it might not be coincidence.