Boisterously Confused

Default All Live Action Marvel Coming Under Feige and Co.

I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention the reports of Disney consolidating all live-action Marvel Properties under Marvel Studios. What do you think that means? Any hope for MAoS to enter the big time?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Best case scenario is that we get bigger budget shows that can interact more directly with the movies and bring in characters the shows couldn't. Worst case is they ignore the continuity from the existing shows and the MCU starts to fall apart as a concept, since nobody ever knows if what they're watching is going to "count" or not.

There's no reports about Marvel Studios taking over TV shows. This is just misleading titles. What was reported(or maybe just deduced?) is that Marvel Television is stopping/slowing down with their live-action projects. They're basically just stating the facts we already know.

AOS is ending, Legion ended, all the Netflix shows got cancelled, Agent Carter got cancelled ages ago, The Gifted got cancelled, New Warriors got axed, Ghost Rider got axed. There's only Runaways and Cloak & Dagger now, and apparently the latter one hasn't even gotten any renewal news. And now we have Marvel Studios shows on Disney+, and Marvel TV has a bunch of animation projects for Hulu. So yeah...

I would be happy though if Marvel Studios took over the current shows and made it MCU proper. But that's a huge leap.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Anything that gets control of live action Marvel shows away from Jeph Loeb is a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Anything that gets control of live action Marvel shows away from Jeph Loeb is a very good thing.
    I think you mean away from Perlmutter.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JS4P View Post
    I think you mean away from Perlmutter.
    No I meant Loeb. The man is the poster boy for failing upward.