View Poll Results: Do you think Marvel will reveal Wave Two of Dawn of X at NYCC 2019?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • Yes, but only some and not all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • No, but there will be some hints about Wave Two

19 23.75%
  • No. They will only discuss Wave One books

15 18.75%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Give him Wolverine
    Seconded. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Claremont deserves a title. His X-Treme were best of three.

I am sure that his X book won`t be part of Dawn of X.
    False, X-Treme was easily the worst. Nothing he’s done since his initial run on the X-Men has been good.

And no one deserves anything. Claremont needs to move on. The only positive I can see coming from a Claremont/Larocca mini is that it would be an AU that pulls Larocca off of that Dr. Doom book that I would be reading if he weren’t drawing it.

It’s wild to me that this man can occasionally come in, write some half assed drivel, talk shit about every creator after him (except for Whedon), and somehow still has enough clout to ruin a new direction for the line.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    False, X-Treme was easily the worst. Nothing he’s done since his initial run on the X-Men has been good.

And no one deserves anything. Claremont needs to move on. The only positive I can see coming from a Claremont/Larocca mini is that it would be an AU that pulls Larocca off of that Dr. Doom book that I would be reading if he weren’t drawing it.

It’s wild to me that this man can occasionally come in, write some half assed drivel, talk shit about every creator after him (except for Whedon), and somehow still has enough clout to ruin a new direction for the line.
    Just different tastes and opinions.

BANNED

I don't think Claremont is capable of 'ruining' the new line now no matter what he does. He is relegated to ancillary books. Even X-Treme, which was not good, was relatively inconsequential. The tragedy of it was that despite his love for Storm, etc. and past good works he kept key characters like her from being utilized by Morrison.

His worst work is easily X-Men Forever, or Die by the Sword, or New Excalibur, or some of the tail end of X-Treme with Arena. Or that X-Women book! I actually think his UXM Reload run has some fun stuff amidst the bad. And I have a perverse fondness for Revolution despite its multitude of sins. But hey, at his worst he is still bursting with more new ideas than most of what we see in mediocre line relaunches - which I don't think Dawn of X is, for the record.

So, CrushingComics on twitter said this in a discord we’re both in: People with inside information have tipped that we're not getting more than 1-2 small/expected announcements of new X-books rather than a bombshell.

So, CrushingComics on twitter said this in a discord we’re both in: People with inside information have tipped that we're not getting more than 1-2 small/expected announcements of new X-books rather than a bombshell.
    Makes sense at this point, what's there to reveal when Wave 1 hasn't started and POX not even wrapped up?

I guess they'll show us what this month's solicits will reveal anyway in a few weeks.

BANNED

Maybe these are Weapon X(Plus) and X-Cellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapfiryt View Post
    Maybe these are Weapon X(Plus) and X-Cellent.
    I don’t know if X-Cellents counts as Dawn of X, but I’m sure it’ll be there. Ayala and Williams might have their stuff announced or maybe a second Hickman title.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He told me in person that Whedon's run "kicked ass" (but that he was mad that he was never invited to be a writer on Buffy (the show) because Whedon stole all his ideas).
    From Newsarama's Marvel Fanfare panel transcription just now:

A fan lauds Hickman's House of X and Powers of X. Cebulski agrees and says they could not be happier with the direction of the book. Claremont says he doesn't read any of the current X-Men books. He confirms that he never read Whedon's X-Men. He'll only read the work if he's coming back to the book.

Ohhh Claremont

Also the panel ended with no announcement of anything new from Claremont, though Cebulski teased there will be something in 2020. (Didn't specify if it was X-related, though I think it's safe to assume it definitely won't be Dawn of X related)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Also the panel ended with no announcement of anything new from Claremont, though Cebulski teased there will be something in 2020. (Didn't specify if it was X-related, though I think it's safe to assume it definitely won't be Dawn of X related)
    haha, the fact that Claremont doesn't have a clue what is happening currently tells me he would be awful at continuity. Let him write small one offs and mini's about the 70's and 80's for nostalgia and keep him off current continuity. Or if they give him a current book, give him something like Exiles which goes to alternate universes, then he could mess around as much as he likes without messing with Dawn of X.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Claremont deserves a title. His X-Treme were best of three.

I am sure that his X book won`t be part of Dawn of X.
    He saved Rogue, dude deserve more recognition on his work. His dialog still miles better than Morrison and austen

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    From Newsarama's Marvel Fanfare panel transcription just now:

A fan lauds Hickman's House of X and Powers of X. Cebulski agrees and says they could not be happier with the direction of the book. Claremont says he doesn't read any of the current X-Men books. He confirms that he never read Whedon's X-Men. He'll only read the work if he's coming back to the book.

Ohhh Claremont
    hahaa exactly What I expected
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-05-2019 at 12:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    His dialog still miles better than Morrison
    Lol this is a hot take.

I don’t know if X-Cellents counts as Dawn of X, but I’m sure it’ll be there. Ayala and Williams might have their stuff announced or maybe a second Hickman title.
    I doubt that they will announce second Hickman book without Hickman. Will see soon.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 10-05-2019 at 01:43 PM.

BANNED

Claremont's dialogue was wonderfully rich for its time and place. That is not really now, to say the least.