View Poll Results: Do you think Marvel will reveal Wave Two of Dawn of X at NYCC 2019?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • Yes, but only some and not all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • No, but there will be some hints about Wave Two

19 23.75%
  • No. They will only discuss Wave One books

15 18.75%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    why does space wars have to take jesus saiz and javier pina from us
    they were great on Doctor strange, hottest doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post

He told me in person that Whedon's run "kicked ass" (but that he was mad that he was never invited to be a writer on Buffy (the show) because Whedon stole all his ideas).
    LOL! Everything Claremont says is classic Claremont! He can’t help but be the most extra version of himself at all times.

The number of big announcements at this panel gives me hope that we might see some wave 2 announcements tomorrow, but then again that was presumably all the big titles launching in early 2020 across the whole rest of the Marvel line, and the x-line is much smaller. If wave 2 isn’t coming in January, February or maybe March, then I guess that’s just how it is and we probably won’t hear anything. Fingers crossed though!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    He told me in person that Whedon's run "kicked ass" (but that he was mad that he was never invited to be a writer on Buffy (the show) because Whedon stole all his ideas).
    Well, if there was ANY run he would love, I guess that makes a lot of sense. Gotta love that man.

Readers are tired of relaunchings.
    Marvel shouldn't reveal a new phase when they haven't even launched the current.
    And of course, they need to measure the sales of Dawn of X before decide titles that will survive or be replaced by new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Marvel shouldn't reveal a new phase when they haven't even launched the current.
    And of course, they need to measure the sales of Dawn of X before decide titles that will survive or be replaced by new ones.
    They're tired of relaunchings, but not new stuff.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    X-Men have their own panel tomorrow.
    do you or anyone else in the thread know what time it starts?

SATURDAY, October 5th

MARVEL COMICS: Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski

2:15 - 3:15 PM ET, Room 1A06

This is your chance to meet the head of editorial at Marvel! In an exclusive and intimate panel experience, Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, along with living legend Chris Claremont, will talk about anything and everything involved with Marvel Comics. Who were their favorite characters as kids – and have their favorites changed? Who is on Chris’ dream team of X-Men? Ask these questions and more in the Q&A! Plus – attendees will receive an exclusive ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #2 cover featuring a CLASSIFIED image that you won’t be able to get anywhere else!

MARVEL COMICS: X-Men – Dawn of X

5:00 - 6:00 PM ET, Main Stage

The Dawn of X is about to break! Join Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, Senior Editor Jordan D. White, and merry mutants Ed Brisson (New Mutants), Tini Howard (Excalibur), and Benjamin Percy (X-Force) on NYCC’s Main Stage in a discussion about the revolutionary new status quo for the X-Men. Plus – be the first to hear exciting new announcements for the Children of the Atom! Stay until the end of the panel to receive an exclusive variant cover version of POWERS OF X #5, featuring a stunning Dawn of X-inspired image by Arthur Adams!

Wave 2 announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    It's a second "wave" of new titles to compliment the ones that are about to start, not a relaunch to replace them. They may wait to launch new ones until they can come out of some major story development in the first wave (and who knows, such a development could occur in the first 2-4 months) but from a marketing standpoint it seems to make sense. The first six titles have been enjoying pre-release marketing since SDCC, and now that they're about to launch, that baton could be passed to a new batch. And six titles is still pretty low by historical x-line standards. The excitement around X-Men right now definitely seems like it could support more...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    It's a second "wave" of new titles to compliment the ones that are about to start, not a relaunch to replace them. They may wait to launch new ones until they can come out of some major story development in the first wave (and who knows, such a development could occur in the first 2-4 months) but from a marketing standpoint it seems to make sense. The first six titles have been enjoying pre-release marketing since SDCC, and now that they're about to launch, that baton could be passed to a new batch. And six titles is still pretty low by historical x-line standards. The excitement around X-Men right now definitely seems like it could support more...
    Plus I doubt all 6 titles will be ongoings once wave 2 hits. I have a feeling Fallen Angels and New Mutants might have a limited run.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Plus I doubt all 6 titles will be ongoings once wave 2 hits. I have a feeling Fallen Angels and New Mutants might have a limited run.
    Yeah, I can definitely see that with New Mutants. With Hickman and Brisson both supposedly having projects in the next wave, and the push to get as much story out as possible by the end of the year, it seems like New Mutants might have a specific story that needs to get out by a certain point, then the title might split into two different books for Wave 2.

I still think they should give Claremont a new X-book with the qualification he can’t use any of his older favorite characters. I wonder if he’d bite at that...
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, I can definitely see that with New Mutants. With Hickman and Brisson both supposedly having projects in the next wave, and the push to get as much story out as possible by the end of the year, it seems like New Mutants might have a specific story that needs to get out by a certain point, then the title might split into two different books for Wave 2.
    If that happens, I think New Mutants will continue under Brisson with a cast of young characters, maybe some of his faves and some of the classic New Mutants. Just seems like it would be weird to include Brisson and his separate cast in this title at all, and only devote one issue to it out of the first four, if it was just going to end at issue 6 or 8. It seems like whatever Brisson is doing must be a key part of whatever New Mutants will be going forward or they could have just saved it? But I would be pretty into it if most of the classic cast was spun off into another book with Hickman on a permanent basis...

But also, I’m really hoping Leah Williams gets Magik in whatever she’s writing. I also hope that whatever she and Vita Ayala are doing are ongoing, since I don’t think either has ever gotten more than a miniseries to develop their ideas at Marvel. And I’d love to know they’re in the X-Men braintrust long-term since the way I’ve heard them talk about the characters as fans has been music to my ears...

BANNED

X-Factor and Uncanny X-Men seem likely to materialize at some point, although I'm not sure that they will be announced now...

Claremont on a secondary title could be interesting. I know he isn't what he used to be, but still. The guy is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    But also, I’m really hoping Leah Williams gets Magik in whatever she’s writing. I also hope that whatever she and Vita Ayala are doing are ongoing, since I don’t think either has ever gotten more than a miniseries to develop their ideas at Marvel. And I’d love to know they’re in the X-Men braintrust long-term since the way I’ve heard them talk about the characters as fans has been music to my ears...
    From your lips to JDW's ears, man. Because yes, I am loving the passion these two have brought to their Marvel work (not to mention the work itself).