View Poll Results: Do you think Marvel will reveal Wave Two of Dawn of X at NYCC 2019?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • Yes, but only some and not all of Wave Two will be revealed

23 28.75%
  • No, but there will be some hints about Wave Two

19 23.75%
  • No. They will only discuss Wave One books

15 18.75%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Original and new x-titles please.
    Drama please.

FIST fights please lols.

So, I heard some talk about there being not much talk about Wave Two so that the focus could be on Wave One, but I don’t think anyone really knows anything at this point.

The only way I would accept a Claremont/Larocca book would be if it were either: A) a one-shot set in the past. B) A one-shot set in an AU. C) An ongoing/mini set in an AU, so that Larocca has to drop that Dr. Doom book I’d be pulling if he wasn’t the artist.

If Claremont gets a Dawn of X book then I have no faith in Marvel’s editorial. Claremont doing X-Treme X-Men at the same time Morrison and Casey were doing New and Uncanny was a mistake that I would people involved are smart enough to not repeat.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    X-Factor and Uncanny X-Men seem likely to materialize at some point, although I'm not sure that they will be announced now...

Claremont on a secondary title could be interesting. I know he isn't what he used to be, but still. The guy is a legend.
    No, please no adjectives as differentiators in titles please!

Leah Williams tweeted out that she and Vita are going to be at the panel "happily heckling" from the audience. So they'll be there.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    So, I heard some talk about there being not much talk about Wave Two so that the focus could be on Wave One, but I don’t think anyone really knows anything at this point.

The only way I would accept a Claremont/Larocca book would be if it were either: A) a one-shot set in the past. B) A one-shot set in an AU. C) An ongoing/mini set in an AU, so that Larocca has to drop that Dr. Doom book I’d be pulling if he wasn’t the artist.

If Claremont gets a Dawn of X book then I have no faith in Marvel’s editorial. Claremont doing X-Treme X-Men at the same time Morrison and Casey were doing New and Uncanny was a mistake that I would people involved are smart enough to not repeat.
    For me the mistake was letting Casey have Uncanny x-men. Claremont should had continued to do Uncanny, sales got a nose dive after Casey
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For me the mistake was letting Casey have Uncanny x-men. Claremont should had continued to do Uncanny, sales got a nose dive after Casey
    No. Claremont should have stayed away then and he should stay away now. We don’t need him anymore.

Also, apparently Leah alluded to there not being much of Wave Two at NYCC, that’s why her and Vita are just in the audience. There might be something, but they don’t wanna distract from Wave One.

No. Claremont should have stayed away then and he should stay away now. We don’t need him anymore.

Also, apparently Leah alluded to there not being much of Wave Two at NYCC, that’s why her and Vita are just in the audience. There might be something, but they don’t wanna distract from Wave One.
    I agree that now we don't need Claremont

But on 2000s? he is much better than Austen

I feel like she's not in a position to completely confirm what the plan is at the moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    SATURDAY, October 5th

MARVEL COMICS: Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski

2:15 - 3:15 PM ET, Room 1A06

This is your chance to meet the head of editorial at Marvel! In an exclusive and intimate panel experience, Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, along with living legend Chris Claremont, will talk about anything and everything involved with Marvel Comics. Who were their favorite characters as kids – and have their favorites changed? Who is on Chris’ dream team of X-Men? Ask these questions and more in the Q&A! Plus – attendees will receive an exclusive ABSOLUTE CARNAGE: MILES MORALES #2 cover featuring a CLASSIFIED image that you won’t be able to get anywhere else!

MARVEL COMICS: X-Men – Dawn of X

5:00 - 6:00 PM ET, Main Stage

The Dawn of X is about to break! Join Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski, Senior Editor Jordan D. White, and merry mutants Ed Brisson (New Mutants), Tini Howard (Excalibur), and Benjamin Percy (X-Force) on NYCC’s Main Stage in a discussion about the revolutionary new status quo for the X-Men. Plus – be the first to hear exciting new announcements for the Children of the Atom! Stay until the end of the panel to receive an exclusive variant cover version of POWERS OF X #5, featuring a stunning Dawn of X-inspired image by Arthur Adams!
    No Gerry Duggan??? Awww

(Adds stupid jellyfish to list)

Treasonous behavior will not be tolerated.....

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    No Gerry Duggan??? Awww
    I'm more sad about no Hickman.

BANNED

I'd be happy to give Kinky Grandpa some harmless side book. He deserves it.

I know very little about Leah Williams or Ayala but I liked a bit of the former's work I saw somewhere.

Give him Wolverine

Claremont deserves a title. His X-Treme were best of three.

I am sure that his X book won`t be part of Dawn of X.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-07-2019 at 04:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Claremont deserves a title. His X-Treme were best of three.
    I loved Claremont back in the day with his original run and partly grew up reading him, but LOL no. Still, I think he deserves a space of his own to go hogwild. He's earned at least that much.