Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

As of Marauders 3, it's OFFICIAL, what originally was:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    … the Hatchery and Hatchery Tree:

… is NOW:

… and 4.Arena?

Still gonna probably use images from HoX #5 for it, though, 'cause... Perrez. AND, because it was such a seminal moment.

Also pretty sure now, both HoX #6's (and subsequent) QC round table gathering(s) & its ending, celebratory festival, take/took place in the same area(s).

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    This all looks so glorious. I'm a plant freak myself, so this new X-Men universe is immensely appealing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    • … I had to design a lot of new environments for a world made of vegetation and flora. … Then I started learning about biomimicry, and that changed the direction of my designs for the book. Biomimicry is the science and art of emulating nature’s best biological ideas to solve human (mutant?) problems. Biomimicry in architecture and manufacturing is the practice of designing buildings and products that simulate or co-opt processes that already occur in nature.
    • … biomimicry architecture was as alien as I needed it to be. But at the same time, it was humanly relatable. The whole environment had to work as a living organism because it's part of Krakoa. So, no more walls or doors, no more windows or furniture. …
    • … I didn’t want to turn all of the designs into a combination of the same natural elements, vines and leaves. That’s because every place had to be recognizable and distinct. So I used crystals for the Hub on page 21, basalt rocks for the control room on page 10, mangrove roots for the first scene of the book on page 1, wasp cocoons for the husks of that same scene, organic shapes mixed with treehouses and contemporary architecture on page 23. ...

BANNED

IDK, though, maybe that last one is at 12.Carousel.

BANNED

So I stayed up late last night to edit in some new links w/quoted info, as promised, on my introductory post (now #9 on page 1, after the merge). As you'll see, the new main one is MUCH more suitable (and appropriate!) in EVERY way (IMO). And that I went ahead & decided to include the 6, separate Habitats that we know of, as well. I also updated all previously eXisting piX with ones that are now ideally consistent, in both size & quality, and did the same with any that were added. With that said, the breakdown reads like this:

Confirmed (in the image itself, or otherwise, elsewhere)
    1. House of M
    2. Arbor Magna [Resurrection]
    3. Akademos Habitat
    4. The Grove
    5. The Cradle
    6. Bar Sinister
    7. Hellfire Bay
    8. The Red Keep
    9. Blackstone
    10. The White Palace

* All Habitats indicated visually in the last post on the first page, with 3 then expanded upon & shown further, in the final reserved space (now first post on the second page, #16).

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We’ve seen a little bit of the Reservoir in Fallen Angels

… will be, once we find out what issue this appeared in. I'm guessing it was... the first?

Speculative (to varying degrees)
    1. Arena
    2. Transit [Main]
    3. The Oracle
    4. Carousel (in the image used)
    5. 18 as Moira's No-Space

M.I.A./TBD
    1. House of X
    2. The Wild Hunt
    3. All 3 spots on Krakoa [Atlantic]: Transit [Atlantic/Pacific], The Pointe, & Danger Island [Training]

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I really wanna see the Wild Hunt + Danger Island. I'm all for this new terrain and I want a full exclusive tour please...
    I CAN'T WAIT to see the new training area!

Funny enough, my inspiration for making this visual compilation, was to make it somethin' akin to sort of... a travel brochure, or even a... virtual tour, if you will. I'd LOVE it, if Marvel gave us an official, handbook-style compendium, though.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Muchly appreciated, HA.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Muchly appreciated, HA.
    My PLEASURE! I REALLY enjoy doin' things like this, as it plays VERY well into my MANY... as yet undiagnosed, predisposed proclivities.

BANNED

Running late & am in a hurry, so just gonna store these here for now:

The above image came from today's X-Men Monday. I'm posting it here because the image address has "carousel" listed in it. Not sure if we've seen that part of the island yet.

clickable link: https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...arousel-263334
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post

The above image came from today's X-Men Monday. I'm posting it here because the image address has "carousel" listed in it. Not sure if we've seen that part of the island yet.

clickable link: https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...arousel-263334
    While I don't want to veer too far "Off Topic"....

Holy Cronenberg, Batman!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    … The above image came from today's X-Men Monday. I'm posting it here because the image address has "carousel" listed in it. Not sure if we've seen that part of the island yet. ...
    We saw a lil bit of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We saw Carousel in Fallen Angels

It's the big bonfire and dancing area

… which is where Dazzler was... again? 'Cause as I said, I thought where HoX #6's wild festival wrap-up & her Siryn amplified super lightshow took place, was most probably there. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    … Holy Cronenberg, Batman!
    In what way?... Domino, I'm guessin'.

Oh, and now more than ever, we have light:

AND shadows. 8O

BANNED

Courtesy of yesterday's NM #3, and probably the best thing from it, we got this:

XF #3 also gave us our official first look at a Krakoa [Atlantic] locale, with The Pointe. Which I'll add to the last post on the first page in a day or two, when it won't be considered so spoilerish.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-13-2019 at 08:44 PM.

BANNED

So two things, first, I'm a lil' confused by that Krakoa [+Arak Coral] data page map from XM #2. At first, I was thinkin':

... access might be... denied? Almost as if it were in... another dimension. ...
    … but upon further rumination, I'm now not sure if it represents things before or after, the amorous rejoining of them. The coral bit kinda lends itself to what might've been left behind, when they were separated. But if it is indeed after, the above quote could be applied also, so IDK. One thing's for sure though, it appears #18 on the original updated map was never Moira's No-Space as many (including myself) surmised, but instead the Arak Maw [Transit to Arakko] - [Closed].

Second, all the official data page maps (even this latest KrakoArakko one), seem to have miXed up how the individual HF strongholds are allocated geographically on the SE bay:

As they delineate The White Palace as being in the center, but Marauders #3 clearly showed it being:

Blackstone.

Oh & BTW, I have yet to edit in anything new or move already eXisting stuff around on the first page(s) as I was going to last night, but plan to make it a priority over the weekend.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 12-13-2019 at 11:50 PM.

BANNED

I've been meaning to post these piX anyway, but since there's been some discussion recently revolving around it, I figure the relevancy's been heightened & there'll be no better time than now:

It was mainly to show The Hub originally, along with its purpose & capabilities. But now, also to see that there's some distinguishing terminology used between what are full-on Habitats & what are just mere Gateways. To my knowledge, there are only 6 named Habitats officially, and so I assume any other similar, locational Transits shown (like the ones in the last page above) are just that... only Gateways. Feel free to disagree, and eXpress why you do.

BANNED

… where do y'all think The QC's:

… holdin' their meetings?
    In today's crazy-ass X-Force #4, we learned it's located in The Grove. In that same issue, we get another brief glimpse of Krakoa [Atlantic]'s The Pointe, and the Transport Hub as well. We're also introduced to Forge's fancy & freaky new, underground tech & weapons lab, aptly labeled as:

In today's crazy-ass X-Force #4, we learned it's located in The Grove. In that same issue, we get another brief glimpse of Krakoa [Atlantic]'s The Pointe, and the Transport Hub as well. We're also introduced to Forge's fancy & freaky new, underground tech & weapons lab, aptly labeled as:
    Thank you for doing this!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thank you for doing this!
    You're absolutely welcome! I STILL gotta overhaul & revamp some, the 1st page+. But it probably won't happen tonight -- I'm such a procrastinator! -- 'cause I wanna read & report on Xcab 4 yet, for starters. Ya never know tho, I could get a jolt of ambition, and just knock it out quick-like. Doubtful, lol, but still... the desire's there.