As of Marauders 3, it's OFFICIAL, what originally was:

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
… the Hatchery and Hatchery Tree:

… is NOW:

… and 4.Arena?

Still gonna probably use images from HoX #5 for it, though, 'cause... Perrez. AND, because it was such a seminal moment.

Also pretty sure now, both HoX #6's (and subsequent) QC round table gathering(s) & its ending, celebratory festival, take/took place in the same area(s).

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
This all looks so glorious. I'm a plant freak myself, so this new X-Men universe is immensely appealing to me.
Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
  • … I had to design a lot of new environments for a world made of vegetation and flora. … Then I started learning about biomimicry, and that changed the direction of my designs for the book. Biomimicry is the science and art of emulating nature’s best biological ideas to solve human (mutant?) problems. Biomimicry in architecture and manufacturing is the practice of designing buildings and products that simulate or co-opt processes that already occur in nature.
  • … biomimicry architecture was as alien as I needed it to be. But at the same time, it was humanly relatable. The whole environment had to work as a living organism because it's part of Krakoa. So, no more walls or doors, no more windows or furniture. …
  • … I didn’t want to turn all of the designs into a combination of the same natural elements, vines and leaves. That’s because every place had to be recognizable and distinct. So I used crystals for the Hub on page 21, basalt rocks for the control room on page 10, mangrove roots for the first scene of the book on page 1, wasp cocoons for the husks of that same scene, organic shapes mixed with treehouses and contemporary architecture on page 23. ...