Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Amazing stat: the Penguins have play for back to back cups 3 times, with 5 different head coaches. Sullivan, their current head coach, is the 1st to buck that trend.

Wow!

Eedit: coach for couch, although some may disagree
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, Ovi didn’t score any goals last night as his Caps were blitzed by my Flyers 7-2. A most satisfying win for the Orange and Black.
    Yeah...all of a sudden, Ovi has gone cold. Two goals shy of 700. He'll get it, but man...I'd love to see him hit 50.

I still don't know what to make of the Flyers. This close to the post-season and I can't tell if they'll make it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Zucker to Pens, thoughts?

I think it was a steep price to pay by the Pens, but the Wild had no motivation to move him otherwise.
    When you have Crosby and Malkin on your roster, every year you are a contender. I didn't get to watch most of the game, but man did they demolish the Maple Leafs. 5-0 before Leafs added a couple. I can't believe how well this team does, despite so many obstacles...year after year. I like the Zucker addition. I really do. Minnesota was doing jack **** with him and he's a really good player. I don't know if the price was that bad, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Amazing stat: the Penguins have play for back to back cups 3 times, with 5 different head coaches. Sullivan, their current head coach, is the 1st to buck that trend.

Wow!

Eedit: coach for couch, although some may disagree
    Sullivan has done wonders for this team. He is a great coach and has kept this team competitive for a good long time.

A lot of movements lately. I think I like the pick-up of Brenden Dillon by the Capitals. Poor guy was in tears when asked about potentially being moved. I hope he gets to go deep into the playoffs this season. Something looks off about the Capitals the last few games, but i think they'll bounce back.

Alec Martinez just got traded to Las Vegas. Personally, I have not been impressed with the Golden Knights this season. The Pacific division is pretty open this year and the Golden Knights should have run away with it. I think they sacrificed too much of their youth for veterans like Stasny, Pacioretty and Stone. Neither Pacioretty nor Stone are doing that bad, but not all that great. I expected more from this team.

I loved the pick-up of Toffoli by Vancouver. With Boeser revealed to have been injured and being out up to 8 weeks, I figure the Canucks needed to do something. They are so close to a playoffs spot, I think they needed that one piece to solidify their chances.

Every year I figure Tampa Bay makes all the right moves, but every year they manage to underwhelm in the playoffs. They recently picked up Blake Coleman and I honestly don't think they paid too high a price, considering they had two first rounders this year...but I have to wonder how they'll do this year. Did they learn their lesson from last year?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

There were so many moves during the NHL Trade Deadline, but it almost seems as though every team that made a big move has gotten worse, not better.

Pittsburgh made some of the boldest and best moves, IMO...yet they have lost 6 in a row. Washington Capitals picked up a pretty good bargain in Ilya Kovalchuk, but are 3-6-1 in the last 10. Edmonton picked quite a few pieces in Athanasiou, Ennis and Green and they are 1-1-1 since those moves.

This is why it's always a good idea to get help before the Trade Deadline, since it takes times for players to get accustomed to their new teams.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With a 5-3 win in the Garden this afternoon, my Flyers completed a home and home sweep of the Rangers and are only a point behind Washington for first place in the Metropolitan. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Flyers are just tearing up the League. They are tied now with Washington.

WOW!

My Oilers are getting killed by Chicago. Despite a two goals performance by Ovechkin, Mika Zibanejad's 5 goals puts the Rangers over the top...including the OT winner. What a great performance by a very underrated player.

It goes without saying my Flyers are one of THE hottest teams in the NHL right now. I expected a letdown last night after that huge win in Washington the night before, but the boys manned up and put away Carolina. While this might be a foolish question, I can't help but wonder if this was what it was like for St. Louis last season after the Blues came from out of nowhere to win the Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It goes without saying my Flyers are one of THE hottest teams in the NHL right now. I expected a letdown last night after that huge win in Washington the night before, but the boys manned up and put away Carolina. While this might be a foolish question, I can't help but wonder if this was what it was like for St. Louis last season after the Blues came from out of nowhere to win the Cup?
    They are getting a team effort. I can't point to one guy on that team and say "that guy is the reason the team is winning". Every game, it seems like a new player is chipping in to help win the game. I think it also helps that the Flyers are getting some pretty steady goaltending from Hart and Elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    They are getting a team effort. I can't point to one guy on that team and say "that guy is the reason the team is winning". Every game, it seems like a new player is chipping in to help win the game. I think it also helps that the Flyers are getting some pretty steady goaltending from Hart and Elliott.
    The Flyers face a stiff challenge tomorrow night against Boston which currently has the most points (98) in the league. But, the game is on home ice and I'm pretty sure Hart will start in net. Should make for an interesting barometer regarding just how good Philly really is.

Hoping everyone is healthy and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Hoping everyone is healthy and safe.
    Same with you!

Man, I miss hockey.

I miss hockey. I miss the crossover of playoff hockey and baseball season starting. The wonderful time of year when my two sports are going at once!

Especially with the world seemingly falling apart, sports would be a wonderful distraction right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I miss hockey. I miss the crossover of playoff hockey and baseball season starting. The wonderful time of year when my two sports are going at once!

Especially with the world seemingly falling apart, sports would be a wonderful distraction right now.
    I love winter, but it almost seems like winter makes it easier to stay home and really enjoy the sport I love: hockey!

With there being an emphasis on trying to stay indoors as much as possible, almost any live sport would have everyone's undivided attention. More than a distraction...it would be the ultimate form of entertainment, maybe even hooking some people that would otherwise ignore sports to do something else!

I was wondering if anyone had any picks for hardware this season, even though the season isn't finished.

Things like Hart, Vezina, Richard, Norris, etc.

I'll start off:

Hart and Art Ross - Leon Draisaitl
    Vezina - Connor Hellebyuck
    Norris - Roman Josi
    Adams - Mike Sullivan

I'd love to hear from some others.

When are they just going to call the season?