Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I'm really glad they didn't go overboard on the squid motif. I really like the subtlness personally. And the color scheme is a nice change from the normal Seattle fair. Love that they have red in it ... something I wish more Seattle teams had. I hope they add more red as the years go by. The anchor secondary logo might be my favorite bit with the Space Needle making up the shank and head. I was worried they might use a trident.

Have my first "RELEASE THE KRAKEN" gear on order already.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-23-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Originally I read that as the Seattle Karens haha. Now that’s terrifying

Someone was on that mock up instantly on twitter.

WOW! That was an insane first day back for hockey. I tried to watch all the games.

First and foremost, I can't believe that I was so psyched for Oilers hockey, only to be provided that travesty of an effort from my team. Chicago destroyed us and they didn't even look like they were trying. Toews is still a big game player. His skills and experience came shining through this game. Dominik Kubalik just cemented himself as a player to reckon with. Crawford made a bunch of timely saves and deserved the win.

My Oilers were not ready and they don't have a lot of time to get ready. This might be an upset in the making. I also hope the Oilers don't win the draft lottery if they can't make it past Chicago in the play-in round.

The Rangers/Hurricanes was probably the most intense game. Man they played with energy and passion, because that game did not have any dull moments, IMO. Great first game for the day.

I missed a lot of the Canadiens vs. Penguins game, but I was glad to see Carey Price in top form. From what I saw, Price looked calm and collected. Exactly the type of goaltending Montreal will need to make an impact in the play-in round. Can't believe 2 penalty shots happened in this game and neither registered a shot on net.

The Calgary vs. Winnipeg game had the black cloud of Scheifele getting injured. I hope he isn't out for the remainder of the playoffs.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My Flyers take the ice at three p.m. today against Boston. Should be plenty entertaining!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    My Flyers take the ice at three p.m. today against Boston. Should be plenty entertaining!
    Good luck to your Flyers, man. I have to say: they really surprised me this season with how good they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Good luck to your Flyers, man. I have to say: they really surprised me this season with how good they were.
    No one was more surprised than me. The team’s success began on the bench with Alain Vigneault who should be named coach of the year, followed by the players buying into his system, lastly, a legitimate stud of a goalie in Carter Hart. The Flyers have been fun to watch all season, and I’m sure they’ll give Boston a hard time today.

Let's Go Flyers!

Arizona just beat Nashville 4-3. I thought Nashville did a pretty good job of fighting back after going down a few early. At least they showed some fight.

The Flyers handled Boston quite efficiently, beating them 4-1 in round robin play today. Four different players lit the lamp while Carter Hart was solid in net. Next up, Washington on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Flyers handled Boston quite efficiently, beating them 4-1 in round robin play today. Four different players lit the lamp while Carter Hart was solid in net. Next up, Washington on Thursday.
    Bruins not looking so hot, so far.

Same with Dallas. The most entertaining series, so far IMO, ended with the Rangers getting swept. Is anyone else thinking the Hurricanes are a force to be reckoned with?

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I don't know what I like more, the Hurricanes in the actual playoffs, or that they swept the Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I don't know what I like more, the Hurricanes in the actual playoffs, or that they swept the Rangers?
    I actually thought the Rangers would more in the playoffs.

As far as my Edmonton Oilers...I wish I could say I was surprised, but this team has a history of coming out flat. Not surprised, at all.

And the number one seed in the East goes to the Philadelphia Flyers after a 4-1 win over Tampa last night. The Flyboys jumped on Andy Vaseline early (two first period goals) while Carter Hart was solid as heck in net. The league is sleeping on Philly at their peril.

That was a great game! Stoked to see Philly doing so well!