Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Usually when the Oilers screw the pooch, my fall back team in the playoffs usually become the Washington Capitals.

They are now down 3-0 in the series against the New York Islanders. The Capitals didn't deserve the win today, so can't be all that disappointed when the team basically does nothing.

Is there a coach that gets more out of his players than Barry Trotz?
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Usually when the Oilers screw the pooch, my fall back team in the playoffs usually become the Washington Capitals.

They are now down 3-0 in the series against the New York Islanders. The Capitals didn't deserve the win today, so can't be all that disappointed when the team basically does nothing.

Is there a coach that gets more out of his players than Barry Trotz?
    I didn’t know until today that Ovechkin doesn’t have a postseason overtime goal. That’s astonishing. Meanwhile, Trotz must be thinking: revenge is sweet.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Flyers squeaked put a win yesterday. One of the worst Power Plays I’ve had the pleasure of watching recently. Just terrible.

Thankfully Hart held it down for them. Youngest goalie in franchise history to record a playoff shutout.

I really want the Flyers to advance, but they’ve got to do better. I missed Game 1, but they haven’t looked very good in the last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Flyers squeaked put a win yesterday. One of the worst Power Plays I’ve had the pleasure of watching recently. Just terrible.

Thankfully Hart held it down for them. Youngest goalie in franchise history to record a playoff shutout.

I really want the Flyers to advance, but they’ve got to do better. I missed Game 1, but they haven’t looked very good in the last two games.
    Yeah it would be great if they can improve the power play.

I think the stat I heard earlier is 1 for their last 26.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah it would be great if they can improve the power play.

I think the stat I heard earlier is 1 for their last 26.
    And the Flyers have scored all of one goal in the last two games. If not for Hart stealing game three, Montreal could be up 2-1.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And the Flyers have scored all of one goal in the last two games. If not for Hart stealing game three, Montreal could be up 2-1.
    Yeah that's not good.

But it is great to have that goalie in net finally to bail us out.

Game time at 3 today! I'm going to have to listen on the radio because of work.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah that's not good.

But it is great to have that goalie in net finally to bail us out.

Game time at 3 today! I'm going to have to listen on the radio because of work.
    Not to brag, but I’m on vacation, so I’ll be in front of my TV at three when the game comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not to brag, but I’m on vacation, so I’ll be in front of my TV at three when the game comes on.
    Nice.

Enjoy!

I have the game on in the background.

Lets go Flyers!
    Last edited by Joker; 08-18-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Flyers definitely came out hot in the 1st. Power Play was better. Took a lot of shots early, and got a goal!

Flyers definitely came out hot in the 1st. Power Play was better. Took a lot of shots early, and got a goal!
    Yes!

2-0 lead in the second

The Flyers blank Montreal 2-0 as Carter Hart was again stellar as hell and can close out the Habs tomorrow night.

Well I had to miss the end of the game, but what I saw the Flyers looked much more in control of the game. Glad they got the win!

I'm curious how you guys feel about the Stanley Cup this year? Is it an asterisk win, or does it fully count?

Well I had to miss the end of the game, but what I saw the Flyers looked much more in control of the game. Glad they got the win!

I'm curious how you guys feel about the Stanley Cup this year? Is it an asterisk win, or does it fully count?
    Why should there be an asterisk? In my mind, it fully counts.

Yeah I think it fully counts. I think there was enough hockey played that the best team will win it. Hopefully it really is the Flyers.