6 2.75%
  • Storm and Wolverine

13 5.96%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Canon: Visor Dude and Space Chicken
    Non-canon: Illyana and Phasing Girl.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Wisdom was the result of a single writer and they've never been a thing since so most people don't care anymore.

But Colossus continues to be a love interest for Kitty with four? different writers now and is Kitty's most frequent love interest, and there's a lot of Katyana shippers around here who take up issue with Kiotr on some personal level.

couples who haven't been a thing for more than ten years should probably not make the list.
    It is very, very odd. One good thing about the shippers for Kitty/Illyana was that they claimed any writer who wrote Peter and Kitty as a couple were inserting themselves as Colossus trying to "get with" their childhood comic book crush, Kitty. So when the tables were turned and it was pointed out to them that by their logic Warren Ellis shipped himself as Pete Wisdom, Jason Aaron "shipped" himself as Iceman, Brian Michael Bendis shipped himself as Spiderman in the Ultimate universe, then as Chris Pratt's version of Starlord, they piped down a little bit.

When John Byrne created Kitty Pryde, and than ran the character by Claremont, I do not think either shipped themselves as Colossus, the youngest X-Man at the time. Nor do I think their original plan was to have her hook up with Peter's younger sister. A lot of the Kitty/Illyana shippers claim that was the plan all along. Le sigh.

Finally, I do not think Joss Whedon shipped himself in Astonishing as Colossus. If anything, he may have shipped himself as Scott with Emma, but I highly doubt it. Fan fiction can be strange. Just read any Bendis X-Men comic book.

Can anyone upload a pic of when husk and angel broke up? Did not even know when they ended their relationship. the relationship was creepy yes but I still sort of found it interesting because Chuck Austen wrote Paige as such a strong domineering person in contrast to Angel who he wrote as quite broody and reserved.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 10-04-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I still sort of found it interesting because Chuck Austen wrote Paige as such a strong domineering person in contrast to Angel was he wrote as quite broody and reserved.
    That's probably the main reason I'm not totally creeped out by a relationship between an original adult X-Man and one of the New Mutants younger siblings, is that Paige was so adult in her demeanor, pretty much running the show in Generation X at times (and standing up to Emma Frost on occasion!). Plus Angel was coming off years of not really being the 'high-flying Angel' party boy, but the broody post-Horseman-of-Death wangster, who, frankly, needed a strong woman (no matter her age) to pull his head out of his butt.

Plus it's comics. Wanda made babies out of a demon with her robot husband. (No wonder she cracked...) What's a decade's age difference (or two) between lovers? Sersi dated Dane, after all, and she's like, *all* the years old...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    LOL that jean and Wolverine were never a couple. But people are really on defensive on the Cyclops masculinity challenged by Logan
    I mean you're on the defensive all the time too so.

Ultimate Member

Well in 616 Logan and Jean weren't, but in AoA, Ultimate, that Spider-Man book...they are/were...so guess it all depends on which reality/universe you mean...

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Storm and Wolverine, I never understood why that is so common in fan fiction. Storm has more class than that and I think it was briefly done because of the fanfiction than anything that the two had in common.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As for my choice, i went for Maddie and Scott, that idea was just dumb from day one and frankly i had no problem with what Inferno did woth her.
    I'm on the same page. I don't know what Claremont was on that made him think that Jean's death was never going to be undone. How hard is it really to anticipate that you are about to create a colossal mess with that setup. Screwed three characters over, to varying degrees, for a very long time. You could say that about Scemma too I suppose, but what happened was at least intended by the writer. Turned Claremont into a sour puss along the way and basically a Scott hater forever.

Jean/Scott
    Scott/Emma
    Rogue/Magneto

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    How is Kitty and Colossus winning but Kitty and Wisdom has no votes?
    Because they were a fun couple to read about.

I can’t pick one. They’re all horrible!
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-04-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Husk and Angel. Because of the Austen. And the cringe. Did I mention the Austen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    I mean you're on the defensive all the time too so.
    I'm on defensive because of a some character masculinity?

I think Colossus and Kitty just get so many votes because it insist on coming back, peter wisdom was awful but was a one time thing

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    It is very, very odd. One good thing about the shippers for Kitty/Illyana was that they claimed any writer who wrote Peter and Kitty as a couple were inserting themselves as Colossus trying to "get with" their childhood comic book crush, Kitty. So when the tables were turned and it was pointed out to them that by their logic Warren Ellis shipped himself as Pete Wisdom, Jason Aaron "shipped" himself as Iceman, Brian Michael Bendis shipped himself as Spiderman in the Ultimate universe, then as Chris Pratt's version of Starlord, they piped down a little bit.

When John Byrne created Kitty Pryde, and than ran the character by Claremont, I do not think either shipped themselves as Colossus, the youngest X-Man at the time. Nor do I think their original plan was to have her hook up with Peter's younger sister. A lot of the Kitty/Illyana shippers claim that was the plan all along. Le sigh.

Finally, I do not think Joss Whedon shipped himself in Astonishing as Colossus. If anything, he may have shipped himself as Scott with Emma, but I highly doubt it. Fan fiction can be strange. Just read any Bendis X-Men comic book.
    Bendis and Ellis are the only people that I think did self-inserts. Bendis had Kitty hook up with Kenny Kong in Ultimate Spider-Man, who was obviously meant to be a stand-in for Bendis.

In the case of Whedon, I don't think there was a self-insert. I think he just happens to like writing witty, strong female leads. Putting her back with Piotr was probably more of a fan service thing? IDK to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Colossus and Kitty just get so many votes because it insist on coming back, peter wisdom was awful but was a one time thing
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post

Well, many writers self inserted as Scott and as male characters. Normal stuff that happens
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-04-2019 at 07:21 PM.