21 9.63%
  • Kitty and Colossus

18 8.26%
  • Polaris and Havok

6 2.75%
  • Storm and Wolverine

13 5.96%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

X-23 and Hellion was great, tho they were not a couple. That line was never crossed unfortunately. Hellion deserves better than X-23 now a days. 23 can go be with her mini-me.
    Summers and Frost was great. Hope they get back together. Jean can go be with Glob.

Last edited by FIGHT; 10-04-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post

Holy ****.
    "Cable was right!"

Well there is one with reverse, another with Jean looking into Wolverine. it has many versions

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Well there is one with reverse, another with Jean looking into Wolverine. it has many versions
    LMAO. Gimme.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Jean fans vote for Emma/Cyclops
    Emma fans vote for Jean/Cyclops
    Cyclops fans vote for Jean/Wolverine.

Wolverine fans...don't really have a presence.
    Wolverine fans mysteriously don't exist in internet comics circles. I have yet to figure out why but it has puzzled me for some time. Where are they? It's a smidge bit strange. Jean fans vote for Jean/Cyclops, there just ain't much of 'em. Kitty and Colossus are for lovers and I am overjoyed to see that this forum mostly recognizes what's real. #blessed

Quote Originally Posted by manymade1 View Post
    Bendis and Ellis are the only people that I think did self-inserts. Bendis had Kitty hook up with Kenny Kong in Ultimate Spider-Man, who was obviously meant to be a stand-in for Bendis.

In the case of Whedon, I don't think there was a self-insert. I think he just happens to like writing witty, strong female leads. Putting her back with Piotr was probably more of a fan service thing? IDK to be honest.

Fair enough.
    I completely agree with you. But for some reason members of the CBR message boards insist any time a writer puts Peter and Kitty together, the writer is shipping himself/herself as Colossus. It really is fascinating, albeit very strange.

Storm x Wolverine
    Jean x Wolverine

Just take anything and Wolverine and put it into one big disgusting pot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    I completely agree with you. But for some reason members of the CBR message boards insist any time a writer puts Peter and Kitty together, the writer is shipping himself/herself as Colossus. It really is fascinating, albeit very strange.
    Hmm, not the usually dissent I see. Colossus is such a quiet and reserved character most of the time that I think it would be hard to prove or even really show colossus being a self insert or closely related to any writer.

But I do see endless references to their age gap being inappropriate, while they ship kitty and Illyana, when kitty literally read and made up bedtime stories to Illyana when she was a child. (Never mind that kitty is the one who was a scared and overeader-to-grow-up teenager wanting to be in an adult relationship and Piotr was the one rightfully turning her down..) it honestly surprises me how some people get squicky over kitty and Piotr but that is diverting into another topic altogether.

I voted for Romy, but it should be mentioned that I hate the vast majority of X-Men pairings. Of the ones on the list, the only one where I’m like “yeah, okay” is Laura and Hellion. Domino and Colossus is also good.

But everything else? Even the non-canon stuff - the crackships, the ones based on subtext, or the “what could have beens?” Throw ‘em all in the garbage.

I didn't realize Rogue and Magneto were so unpopular.They were never my couple - I prefer her with Gambit
    I voted for Jean and Wolverine because it goes against the original intention of the writing and I always find them cringe worthy, and they got a big push from the movies which weren't true to the comics.
    Angel and Husk and Havok and Annie are two more I'd have voted for if we could get multi voting.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Storm x Wolverine
    Jean x Wolverine

Just take anything and Wolverine and put it into one big disgusting pot.
    I didn't mind Wolverine and Mariko, actually. It added some depth to him, at a time when he lacked that. It might have gone better if Mariko had turned out to be a closet mutant (like her brother), only keeping her power under wraps, for whatever reason, so that she could have taken on a more active role, since she was terribly passive, to the point of being kind of a stereotype...

I kinda always thought he'd end up with Psylocke. Jim Lee seemed to like throwing them together.

Incredible Member

I used to think that Mariko was Logan's best pairing. His one true love. That was a long time ago, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    Hmm, not the usually dissent I see. Colossus is such a quiet and reserved character most of the time that I think it would be hard to prove or even really show colossus being a self insert or closely related to any writer.

But I do see endless references to their age gap being inappropriate, while they ship kitty and Illyana, when kitty literally read and made up bedtime stories to Illyana when she was a child. (Never mind that kitty is the one who was a scared and overeader-to-grow-up teenager wanting to be in an adult relationship and Piotr was the one rightfully turning her down..) it honestly surprises me how some people get squicky over kitty and Piotr but that is diverting into another topic altogether.
    You should have seen the X-Men Gold message boards. All about MG shipping himself as Peter. Also some "rapist" and "pedophile" accusations against Colossus. Anyway, moving forward...

Xavier & Magneto - espessially in HoX/PoX!

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    You should have seen the X-Men Gold message boards. All about MG shipping himself as Peter. Also some "rapist" and "pedophile" accusations against Colossus. Anyway, moving forward...
    Jeez lol. Gotta love these forums