Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is the sickness killing comics now. We got damn near 7 books with Peter Parker in it and folks are antsy that he's not in this one too? Crazy!
    Actually a decent point. We don't want Peter ending up like Logan, do we?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually a decent point. We don't want Peter ending up like Logan, do we?
    Or end up like him again, he was in 3 super-teams at once that one time lol.

Honestly, it's better for Miles to be the focus of this, he's getting multiverse related **** for a while now to the point it's part of his gimmick, I just find the excuse they used in this comic to be **** "Oh, we gotta get the new generation to fight, so let's not warn the old generation about it at all! My plan is great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Or end up like him again, he was in 3 super-teams at once that one time lol.

Honestly, it's better for Miles to be the focus of this, he's getting multiverse related **** for a while now to the point it's part of his gimmick, I just find the excuse they used in this comic to be **** "Oh, we gotta get the new generation to fight, so let's not warn the old generation about it at all! My plan is great!"
    Understandable, but it's only the first issue. There's usually a twist later in the series, so we might find out that Spider-Zero had other reasons behind that.

BANNED

This is the sickness killing comics now. We got damn near 7 books with Peter Parker in it and folks are antsy that he's not in this one too? Crazy!
    I'd have zero problems with it if the excuse to exclude Peter wasn't so minding numbingly stupid and made no sense but it is and doesn't so my only reaction is that they don't want him around because like always he will outshine Miles, then again it is Miles so the characters will more than likely do that anyway.

Ultimate Member

Well that happens when you have guys that appear in almost everything.

Same mess you see with Batman. There is this belief that they have to be in everything in order for it to sell or justify being ordered.
    Then those same folks will complain about why is there no (blank ie a black hero to counter Miles at DC)-well when you REFUSE to do anything with others-that happens.

Sooner or later Miles has to stand on his own. He held a series without Peter. He had a New York Times Best Seller without Peter. That was him at the end of Spiderverse fighting Kingpin not Peter.

We can live with ONE (and MORE) spider books without Peter. Eddie & Miguel have had long runs without Peter.

BANNED

Feels weird you mention the Spiderverse like its an example of Miles standing without Peter when that movie had like 5 different versions of Peter in it

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Feels weird you mention the Spiderverse like its an example of Miles standing without Peter when that movie had like 5 different versions of Peter in it
    Only three --- the blond, Ben Reilly-looking one, Peter B., and Noir. Four if we count Spider-Ham. That being said, Into the Spider-Verse was more a means of proverbially passing the torch from Peter to Miles as Spider-Man, so Peter being part of Miles's story, at least for the beginning of it, made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Understandable, but it's only the first issue. There's usually a twist later in the series, so we might find out that Spider-Zero had other reasons behind that.
    Yeah, but that's not a nice start, and outside of that I didn't really care about this issue, part of it is my own bias, I don't care much about the idea of spider-verse, but mostly I just didn't find the issue interesting, and so far I'm enjoying Absolute Carnage, and I like "Symbiotes being spread everywhere" even less...

Off-topic, but just now I read what's written in your avatar, and it's hilarious

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

The impression I get is this Spider-Verse story isn't gonna be a "kill AU Spider-Man" type plot and perhaps a lighter story. Probably doesn't really even need Peter

Naw, he was specific to say the ending and the narrative was to emphasize Miles

Mighty Member

Finally read this and really enjoyed it. I glad it doesn't seem to be another killing spider- persons across the multiverse.

I cannot believe people are arguing why Spider-Zero wanted Miles instead of Peter, the excuse was so weak it was clear she could not tell him the truth.

I just took one looked at this character and guessed which two characters are most likely to be her parents or an alternative version of her parents.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 10-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.