View Poll Results: Are you in favour of open relationships in comics?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 55.17%
  • No

65 44.83%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Why would characters who never displayed interest in a playboy-esque lifestyle suddenly be all about simultaneous sex partners just because their dad bought an island? I don't quite get it.
    Sounds like a Tom King plot.
    "Cable was right!"

Why would characters who never displayed interest in a playboy-esque lifestyle suddenly be all about simultaneous sex partners just because their dad bought an island? I don't quite get it.
    Your Dad never bought an island...
    GrindrStone(D)

I’m happy with the result.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh! I voted "No" but...it's not like every mutant on the island will suddenly be polyarmorous now. As in any society, the citizens will live and love and fornicate according to their personal interests and desires. The only difference I see on Krakoa is that no one will be judged for thier choice.
    They will be free to...if I may quote Jacqueline Carey..."Love as thou wilt".
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

It's so sad to see so many people thinking that poly relationships are ones without "love" or that it's just an excuse for people to cheat on each other or worse yet that monogamous relationships are somehow inherently better.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's so sad to see so many people thinking that poly relationships are ones without "love" or that it's just an excuse for people to cheat on each other or worse yet that monogamous relationships are somehow inherently better.
    They cray cray
    GrindrStone(D)

I voted no. I don't care if it's considered prudish or conservative, and I've joked about it before, but I don't want the books to lean into this so heavily. If that is indeed what they're doing.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    It does if you consider that the people who make up this society were raised and educated in human society, and participated in it the vast majority of their lives. They maintain relatives that are human, and I assume associations with them, if the Cabal, I mean council hasn't outlawed fraternization yet. This new society is five seconds old. Hardly enough time to uproot decades of ingrained social norms and morality. Give it a few dozen generations first maybe.
    They were also disenfranchised from human society at puberty or perhaps earlier. Since they've either had to hide their identity or been rejected because of it by humans, they could resent those norms and actively want to rebel against them now that they have the opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    They were also disenfranchised from human society at puberty or perhaps earlier. Since they've either had to hide their identity or been rejected because of it by humans, they could resent those norms and actively want to rebel against them now that they have the opportunities.
    people just move on

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people just move on
    To other other people
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Jean Grey reaching her Omega potential in this era of X-Men, with her husband and sister-wife.

BANNED

Both Emma and Jean have arguably abused Scott in the past. Logan is there as his safety net.

Jean Grey reaching her Omega potential in this era of X-Men, with her husband and sister-wife.
    Nah this is a downgrade.

now if Jean can go with she hulk and thor, that would be omega level

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Both Emma and Jean have arguably abused Scott in the past. Logan is there as his safety net.
    Jean never abused Scott.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean never abused Scott.
    Physical abuse during XFactor in the 80s and then brainwashing him into getting with Emma at the end of Morrissons run aka rape by any other word.

Astonishing Member

I don’t have a problem with it in general but I think it’s corny in this case because polyamory doesn’t really fit the characters involved. It’s just perpetuating an old love triangle that I never really cared about so I’ll keep ignoring it like I have been. But it’ll be interesting to see if this becomes a trend on Krakoa along with other non-traditional couples