View Poll Results: Are you in favour of open relationships in comics?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

80 55.17%
  • No

65 44.83%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    How is that a good thing?
    Avoids messy breakups, often out of character, adds more possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is curious, could you tell me why do you think it would be wrong on that case?
    Because; there hasn’t been any female character that came close to what MJ was to Peter. They are literally soulmates, no matter who or what interfere ... they always find a way back. (The same rule is applied to Reed and Sue). There are certain characters that polyamory will ruin them than boost them.

Also, SpiderMan audience are kiddos .. marvel wont do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I mean if it's in character possibly

I'm not sure why people are so obsessed with making something happen that's not and Jean and Scott boning everyone. They were always pretty vanilla.

Marvel seems to just hate marriages for no reason. First MJ and Peter. Scott and Jean.

Wolverine and Jean just don't work together. Wolverine's had plenty of other loves as is.

Now Betsy has boned around for quite a while and her having more than one guy would be in character perhaps.

Scott and Jean were vanilla becuz of the era they were together in. Nowadays, folks are sexually liberated so why not.

Marvel hate marriages, this I know. Mephisto recently fucked Dr Stranges marriage. big yikes.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Because; there hasn’t been any female character that came close to what MJ was to Peter. They are literally soulmates, no matter who or what interfere ... they always find a way back. (The same rule is applied to Reed and Sue). There are certain characters that polyamory will ruin them than boost them.
    that is literaly any relationship until they aren't, Storm/forge, storm/t'challa, scott/emma, scott/jean. I'm a peter/mj fan but even if she is the strongest most iconic spidey ship, Marvel will always keep teasing Black Cat or Gwen.
    Also in this case you can see polyamory can hurt the characters, that applies to everybody else too.

Polygamy and polyamory are two different things.

that is literaly any relationship until they aren't, Storm/forge, storm/t'challa, scott/emma, scott/jean. I'm a peter/mj fan but even if she is the strongest most iconic spidey ship, Marvel will always keep teasing Black Cat or Gwen.
    Marvel can tease. That’s cool.

But I am confident when I say that majority of the readers/ even non-readers will always associate MJ with Peter.

I don’t remember Peter ever cheating on MJ, he adores her. The devil himself had to interfere and even he couldn’t separate them.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Avoids messy breakups, often out of character, adds more possibilities.
    I think breakups would still exist. I don't think polyamory would prevent things from getting messy either. It definitely does add more possibilities, but only to the few characters I think would be open to it.

Regardless, I still see it as an easy way for writers to manipulate and do more harm than good.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Polygamy and polyamory are two different things.
    Y’all, I get it .. I fucked up.

Can we edit the title? Help this noob out

Marvel can tease. That’s cool.

But I am confident when I say that majority of the readers/ even non-readers will always associate MJ with Peter.

I don’t remember Peter ever cheating on MJ, he adores her. The devil himself had to interfere and even he couldn’t separate them.
    And that's cool, I love them too. But you see the point that making peter polyamorous wouldn't exactly be the best thing. That applies to many other cases.

And that's cool, I love them too. But you see the point that making peter polyamorous wouldn't exactly be the best thing. That applies to many other cases.
    Not all characters? Sure, like Reed and Sue.
    I have seen many positive response to Scott/Emma/Jean/Logan’s polyamory hints. I can assure you with Peter and MJ, folks won’t be as pleased.

Not all characters? Sure, like Reed and Sue.
    I have seen many positive response to Scott/Emma/Jean/Logan’s polyamory hints. I can assure you with Peter and MJ, folks won’t be as pleased.
    And I'm not talking about that quadrangle but polyamory in general (I think you were too after out brief conversation on the start of this thread).
    Also I can't talk from everybody but that quadrangle is a different case thanks to Marvel trashing so much everybody and everything involved for years and people joking with the whole Emma/jean or scogan, the comparission to reed and sue doesn't apply at all, they are like the one exception on Marvel.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-02-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Sure, why not.

BANNED

Depends on who we are talking about. Jean and Emma? Absolutely not. Why? Two reasons:

1. It's all about fulfilling the cheesy fanboy wish of Emma Frost and Jean Grey deciding there was never any bad blood and really they should just sleep with Cyclops together. Absolutely a copout and absolutely denigrating to both of those characters. Them suddenly wanting to share partners, and more than that, sex each other would just be ripping up the character history just because someone wants a threesome for their favorite character really, really bad. Ain't no good intentions behind doing that with Jean and Emma.

2. Equally important, and I have already said this with the first point, really but: Nevermind them being into women or not, they don't like each other. It doesn't fit the characters, and frankly, I prefer the frigidness between them. Not every person likes every other person. Given the characters, I don't see how such a thing would make any logical sense.

Now, if we want some REAL potential poly characters: Storm doesn't necessarily want to be tied down. Some people say there was a thing with Yukio. I don't buy that particular pair cause I haven't seen it on the page, but Storm IS a free spirit. It could make sense. I think they'll want to make her and Black Panther a thing again though.

I think Dazzler would join Cyclops's and Emma's coupling if they would only invite her. And I feel like Polaris hasn't been established in any particular way about anything so they could go any direction with her on any topic.

People also like to ship Magik, though I don't think she has any hints as to what sexuality might mean for her. She could be into it maybe. Or maybe into nothing at all. I think either would could make sense.

Scott and Jean are together and occasionally they bring Emma and/or Logan into the mix. What’s wrong with some healthy adult experimentation.

And I'm not talking about that quadrangle but polyamory in general (I think you were too after out brief conversation on the start of this thread).
    Also I can't talk from everybody but that quadrangle is a different case thanks to Marvel trashing so much everybody and everything involved for years and people joking with the whole Emma/jean or scogan, the comparission to reed and sue doesn't apply at all, they are like the one exception on Marvel. but I don't want to derail this in another rectangle.
    I am all for polyamory if it is suitable. Peter/MJ & Reed/Sue are a no no