Spectacular Member

Default Golden Age Sandman on Netflix??

Does anyone have any info on this, or am I late to this story? Jim Lee posted this on Instagram.
    70597719_485319748717149_7666341876688425384_n.jpg

Neil Gaiman's Sandman is going to Netflix.

If the Golden Age Sandman is going anywhere its more likely the DC streaming service.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Neil Gaiman's Sandman is going to Netflix.
    True, though if they stick closely to the source material, we could get a Wes Dodds cameo at least.

Weird it's on Netflix though, considering DC owns the Sandman IP. You'd think they'd use it for HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Weird it's on Netflix though, considering DC owns the Sandman IP. You'd think they'd use it for HBO Max.
    It seems like you might have missed some of the news...

- https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etflix-1220761

'Sandman' TV Series From Neil Gaiman, David Goyer — With Huge Price Tag — a Go at Netflix
    Sources say Warners, which controls the IP, took the Sandman TV pitch to multiple outlets, including corporate sibling HBO. The premium cable network did not make a play for the series, given the massive price tag attached (and likely number of other big world shows in the works), and Netflix snapped it up as the streamer continues to make an active play for massive IP that could be turned into subscriber-friendly franchises a la Amazon's Lord of the Rings and HBO's Game of Thrones.

I didn't miss any news. HBO Max isn't "just" HBO but the entire streaming service for all of WarnerMedia, and it seems like Warner would put a Sandman series there. I guess Netflix snagged it at exactly the right time.

I didn't miss any news. HBO Max isn't "just" HBO but the entire streaming service for all of WarnerMedia, and it seems like Warner would put a Sandman series there. I guess Netflix snagged it at exactly the right time.
    Unless they had already passed on it based on cost a while back.

Hard to imagine them passing for that reason. HBO Max is their all out streaming service that they're putting everything into, like the $500 mil deal for Big Bang Theory.

Hard to imagine them passing for that reason. HBO Max is their all out streaming service that they're putting everything into, like the $500 mil deal for Big Bang Theory.
    What's in blue is the most logical reason to pass on it based on cost.

The article says as much. If you are already spending money L/R/C, you are going to have to think twice about the amount of money they want for the "Sandman" series.

Astonishing Member

Goyer is involved? Pass. He doesn't inspire me with much confidence.

I would absolutely love a golden age Sandman. More so if they adapted Wagner's run from Mystery Theatre.

On whether HBO Max is trying to cut corners on the "Money" front or not...

- https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/358...-winding-refn/

HBO Has Ordered a “Maniac Cop” TV Series from Nicolas Winding Refn!