Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batman: Creature of the Night #4 delayed again

Previewsworld is showing that Batman: Creature of the Night #4 by Kurt Busiek and John Paul Leon has been pushed back yet again. The release date is now set for Nov. 27, four weeks later than the resolicited date of Oct. 30.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG190492

I have loved this story to death. But it's now been a year-and-a-half since #3. When it was resolicited for an October release, I thought to myself GREAT! But now it's delayed again.

So yeah, I'm a tad frustrated...
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    But now it's delayed again.

So yeah, I'm a tad frustrated...
    There's only 4 pages of inks to go, plus lettering and about half an issue of coloring.

It's been a (very, very) long haul, but it'll get there...

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    There's only 4 pages of inks to go, plus lettering and about half an issue of coloring.

kdb
    Glad to see the update! Can't wait to pick it up, I didn't think you could beat your take on Superman but you really made something completely unexpected here.

kdb
    Thanks for the update, Kurt.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

kdb
    Thanks for the update Mr. Busiek, I cannot wait to pick it up and eventually the collected edition.

Would you by chance know if this would be collected with Secret Identity as a deluxe edition?

That would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Would you by chance know if this would be collected with Secret Identity as a deluxe edition?

That would be amazing!
    That would be pretty cool.

But it's kinda too early to think about that, since it hasn't yet had a life as a book of just itself...
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

That would be pretty cool.

But it's kinda too early to think about that, since it hasn't yet had a life as a book of just itself...
    No worries, thanks again!

All-New Member

when books go thru really long delays whats the culprit?

The long wait is unfortunate, but it's worth it because this is the best Batman story I have read in a really good while.

Though, I'm not going to expect anything on Nov 27 until I actually have it.

yaweibiano

Your post is really helpful!

BATMAN: CREATURE OF THE NIGHT #4 is still listed on both DC's website, and on the Previews World website, with a November 27, 2019 release date! THREE DAYS FROM TODAY! I'm hoping to see this issue waiting for me in my comic book shop on Wednesday. This miniseries got off to an excellent start. The delay in the final issue is unfortunate, but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thanks to everyone who has worked on getting the final issue done. Time to re-read the first 3 issues again now!
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I can't await for the next issue: Busiek is one of the last writer able to understand the difference between a good story and a great story; good job.

It’s out! I just picked up my copy!
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Finished reading. It’s a pretty solid ending, but I still think Secret Identity had the stronger finale. Great series overall though.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Great ending, and overall the meditation on what drives Batman and how Bruce's career should end was amazing.