Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Someone asked me this, I prefer him with Gehenna his canon asian girlfriend from DC Pre-Flashpoint, but I guess this is interesting, too:
    IT WAS ME!! YOU ARE AWESOME! Gehenna was okay but this is the new dc power couple.

Firestorm, Stargirl, Blue Beetle: Trinity. (^_^)

Thank you.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Just to add to the fun

Well, there is a good version of Zod out there, even a member of the Justice League of that Earth. Along with Jason as Batman and Donna as Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Whatever happened to these two characters? Are they still together? I imagine World's End was their last notable appearance? I didn't read that
    DC never seems to do all that much with these black man white woman relationships that pop up, like Steel and Lana Lang, and Supergirl and her numerous black boy friends. They just kind of fade into obscurity after a short while, and usually don't have a lot of substance to them

Like Val Zod and Powergirl seems like it may be an interesting idea, but no one ever explores it all that well, from what I've seen...and then they just go away. There's also Powergirl and Mr. Terrific now that I think about it (lol). Same thing there. I guess the only relationships at DC that are at all enduring are the big iconic ones, because Superman and Wonder Woman kind of had the same thing happen, though that relationship made a bigger splash than these ones simply on grounds of who it involved and how visible they are.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

About the actual picture, I think it's cool. You can do some things to improve on it, if you're interested in taking it a bit further. I did a quick draw over of what I would do.

I know you want Power Girl to have a big...lower body...but you might not want to get too carried away with that

BANNED

Default More DC Interracial Art Black Lightning with Katana and The Signal with Orphan

Black Lightning and Katana could be an interesting pairing. I could perhaps see it happening in the current Outsiders book. Has Katana or Black Lightning ever had any serious love interests?

Duke and Cass im not too sure about. We really don't need a third Robin - Batgirl pairing when we already have Babs and Dick and Steph and Tim. I'd prefer Duke with Gotham Girl and Cass with someone else.

BANNED

WOW Black Male/White Female or Black Male/Asian Woman pairing so diverse!

God forbid we have White Male/Black Female,White Male/Asian Woman,Asian Man/Black Female,Asian Man/White Female relationships.

BANNED

Well actually YES it is diverse, how often do you see black male with white or asian women in comics? Like, IMPORTANT or even just sex relationship, often that kind of relationships arenīt that important to the male or even the women, and worse: many times it represents this in a toxic way, like they just can have sex and barely talk. I donīt hate that kind of relationships youīve said, but... what exactly do you have against my preference? Do you want those relationships? Perfect, DRAW IT. I donīt pretend to represent ALL interracial...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Well actually YES it is diverse, how often do you see black male with white or asian women in comics? Like, IMPORTANT or even just sex relationship, often that kind of relationships arenīt that important to the male or even the women, and worse: many times it represents this in a toxic way, like they just can have sex and barely talk. I donīt hate that kind of relationships youīve said, but... what exactly do you have against my preference? Do you want those relationships? Perfect, DRAW IT. I donīt pretend to represent ALL interracial...
    nothing against your preference if it came off like that I apologize but what I wanted so say was that in the last 10 years or so we seen way more parings of BM/WF and less to none on those I mentiond and to me its sad and seems lazy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

God forbid we have White Male/Black Female,White Male/Asian Woman,Asian Man/Black Female,Asian Man/White Female relationships.
    Wow. Someone crashes another person's fan art topic to express that they don't like the racial pairing of the characters in the art. Man, if you want those pairings you mention represented, then you put in the effort to draw them. Wouldn't that be more productive than criticizing someone else who has no obligation to represent all racial combinations in their artwork? And here you are talking about laziness.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-07-2019 at 08:09 AM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

What a perfectly stupid criticism.

These drawings aren't your limited idea of "diversity" (which is, like, super-duper random) so you bash the guy's (or gal's) fanart that is, by any definition, every bit as interracial as your couplings are? My, how very progressive of you.

Thanks for embodying everything I DESPISE about "woke culture".
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

BANNED

Iīll be honest, I donīt know much about the individual stories of Black Lightning and Katana. Katana I know a bit more, besides her dead husband? I think she never had serious love interests, I mean there was a thing with Geo-Force and a guy called Owlman (no, not the evil version of Batman), just a guy with almost the same suit, this was pre-Flashpoint, but it was more sexual than anything. Lightning I know had a Wife... and thatīs all I know, I guess his only endgame was the white woman from Young Justice Season 3. I thought I was the only one seeing the sexual tension between Lightning and Katana.

About the thing between Duke and Cass, I like it, theyīre too cute together, but I agree it would be interesting deeping into Duke with Gotham Girl, in any case, Iīd like to see Cass with a boyfriend, an Endgame for her, sheīs the only one in the bat family without an epic love story, hell she barely had two boyfriends before Flashpoint.

BANNED

Wow. Someone crashes another person's fan art topic to express that they don't like the racial pairing of the characters in the art. Man, if you want those pairings you mention represented, then you put in the effort to draw them. Wouldn't that be more productive than criticizing someone else who has no obligation to represent all racial combinations in their artwork? And here you are talking about laziness.
    What a perfectly stupid criticism.

These drawings aren't your limited idea of "diversity" (which is, like, super-duper random) so you bash the guy's (or gal's) fanart that is, by any definition, every bit as interracial as your couplings are? My, how very progressive of you.

Thanks for embodying everything I DESPISE about "woke culture".

Wasn't my intention to criticize his drawings wanted to express my opinion but if It came off like that it's my bad and I apologized but both of you are right it's not the thread to talk about this subject again TheManhunterfromMars if I hurt your feelings I apologize.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    Whatever happened to these two characters? Are they still together? I imagine World's End was their last notable appearance? I didn't read that
    DC never seems to do all that much with these black man white woman relationships that pop up, like Steel and Lana Lang, and Supergirl and her numerous black boy friends. They just kind of fade into obscurity after a short while, and usually don't have a lot of substance to them

Like Val Zod and Powergirl seems like it may be an interesting idea, but no one ever explores it all that well, from what I've seen...and then they just go away. There's also Powergirl and Mr. Terrific now that I think about it (lol). Same thing there. I guess the only relationships at DC that are at all enduring are the big iconic ones, because Superman and Wonder Woman kind of had the same thing happen, though that relationship made a bigger splash than these ones simply on grounds of who it involved and how visible they are.

So I'm not sure about Power Girl, but I do know that Val Zod is making a come back in 2020. I went to the DC panel in San Diego Comic Con and asked Dan Didio about Val Zod. No one reported it because many websites doesn't care about the character, but I asked about Val Zod and he said 2020. More so, Bendis stated that he had plans for Val Zod.

So essentially, something is happening with bendis and val zod in 2020, what it is, we don't know yet.