BANNED

Default marvel family question ?

ok i'm a little confused here about the marvel family before flashpoint. I was looking up freddy freeman on dc database and under universe it said new earth. I thought he, mary and billy were from earth-s ? so should it not say earth-s/new earth ? because on some charators it dose that. like batman it will say earth-one/new earth but on superman it just says new earth ? oh and under the new gods it says earth one/new earth but again i'm confused... the new gods are originally from earth-14 ? please I need help.

COIE happen all earths combine there's new earth freddy and after the 52 earths were created there's earth s freddy. simple thing will happen once multiversity is released there will two freddy one from prime earth and one from earth 5

Also if you need info i recommend comic vine it isn't alot but its better than the DC database which nearly all of the members don't read New 52 so prime earth articles are not updated alll they do over there is mess around with pre 52 articles

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    COIE happen all earths combine there's new earth freddy and after the 52 earths were created there's earth s freddy. simple thing will happen once multiversity is released there will two freddy one from prime earth and one from earth 5
    well on the earth - S freddy freeman I found this.

This version of Frederick Freeman (Earth-S), including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985-86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information no longer applies to those versions.

Multiverse stuff can get confusing, so let's try this succinctly:

Prior to the events of Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Marvel family adventures took place on Earth-S. After the crisis, the remaining earths collapsed into one planet and timeline, therefore the Marvel family was now apart of the main DC universe. 20 years later, the events of Infinite Crisis and 52 revealed that the Multiverse had been recreated. The prior Multiverse had a confusing list of numbers and letters to keep track of who was from where, so when it was brought back, a more uniform and managable categorization was applied of 52 different earths, each numbered 0-51: Earth-S became Earth 5 (notice how a 5 resembles an S). So basically you have the original, unaltered Earth-S back with their version of the Marvel family but the main DCU earth still had the ones that had been folded into it during the original crisis.

With the New Gods, they were originally part of the main DCU but the events of Final Crisis moved them to Earth 14, where all the Jack Kirby creations had their own planet. The Flashpoint event rebooted everything, so now we have the New Gods reappearing, but on various earths. The new Multiversity map that was put out helps show that they now reside outside of all the earths and can visit any that they want.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 08-05-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Multiverse stuff can get confusing, so let's try this succinctly:
    Your summary actually makes it seem pretty simple.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

I was in the same position once. The multiverse concept is rather intimidating for a new reader, but once one can get a grasp on it, it is such a rewarding experience as a fan, with infinite possibilities. Anything I can do to help share that wonderment, I take as a fairly pleasant responsibility.

best advice i can give you OP is find a absolute edition for COIE, Infinite crisis and try to get the 52 series, these three sets will get you up to speed on the basis of DC's multiverse

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    I was in the same position once. The multiverse concept is rather intimidating for a new reader, but once one can get a grasp on it, it is such a rewarding experience as a fan, with infinite possibilities. Anything I can do to help share that wonderment, I take as a fairly pleasant responsibility.
    I'm going to throw this out here:

The secret to understanding comics is just to read comics. You began to understand the multiverse once you began to read comics that take place within in. I'm not sure that the OP does.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post

The secret to understanding comics is just to read comics. You began to understand the multiverse once you began to read comics that take place within in. I'm not sure that the OP does.
    When it seems your experience seems to be mainly pulling obscure things from various websites, I'd guess you're probably correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post

That's the secret to understanding continuity in general. It's why I've never bought into the idea that continuity is impossible for new readers to penetrate. People did it for almost 50 years before COIE and over 70 years before Flashpoint. It's not rocket science.
    Last edited by Pharozonk; 08-06-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman