Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Could Ororo Munroe anchor her own franchise?

Not as part of the X-Men.

Not as part of Black Panther.

As her own franchise where she is the undisputed alpha character with her unique supporting cast, rogues gallery, and settings.

Are the ingredients already there, just needing to be put together?

Or are we still so much farther from even that stage?

Who could be her love interests? Her consistent support network? Who could be her arch-nemesis (the Joker to her Batman)?

Should she shift the emphasis away from the mutant side and focus more on the goddess side? Marvel is lacking in goddesses at the moment.

Or she more likely doomed to be where she current is?

What needs to be done to make her an alpha character with her own franchise?

Yes there is freaking Aero and Swordmaster comic. And multiple times Punisher and Ghost Rider have fallen under the cancel mark. Storm(and Cyclops) has large enough fan base to sustain if Marvel is willing to do the R&D figure out what story style works for a sustain period.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-03-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Yes she can. Storm can easily have a rogues gallery inspired by African folklore in addition to the enemies she already has such as adversary and Shadow King. All it requires is creative team willing to put in work.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yes she can. Storm can easily have a rogues gallery inspired by African folklore in addition to the enemies she already has such as adversary and Shadow King. All it requires is creative team willing to put in work.
    Yup. Not to mention. Her father was a reporter, who knows what secret files he may have laying around that could change everything.

Then you have her royal lineage, storm is air apparent to Kenyan throne and the reason her family didn't look for her is because her uncle threatened her.

Then you have her karoka responsibilities.

Her goddess responsibilities and origin.

Her affinity for magic.

Any half decent writer should be able to do a compelling storm franchise.

Her connections to the FF it goes in and on.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That'd be interesting but I kinda have a hard time thinking about it, mainly due to X-Men always being more team oriented than solo.

Give me more details, what could be the overall setup?

For the record, before Betsy returned to her original body and Kwannon took the identity, I kinda liked the idea of a Psylocke solo series with her as a ninja, so I get where it's coming from.

BANNED

Considering Marvel has made several attempts already that have all fallen flat, I'm going to say "No."

According to her Storm solo that was cancelled I don't think she can.

BANNED

Of course she can..shes the most popular X female in history. Now would Marvel EVER GET BEHIND her like they did Carol Danvers? Seems like it's not a top priority.

Kamala is gonna become a big star after she hits the mainstream and she's gonna get pushed.

Fantastic Member

Yes she can easily

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Considering Marvel has made several attempts already that have all fallen flat, I'm going to say "No."
    By that logic Iron Fist, Dr Strange, Captian Marvel,Moon Knight , Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc as well. By all the attempts you mean "One" ,Storm in 1996 was 4 issue mini-series, Ororo before the Storm in 2005 was a 4 issue mini series Storm in 2006 was a 6 issue mini-series. Storm in 2014 was her only actually solo. Just as an example I have counted at least 5 different Punishers restarts not minis actual series. It is interesting which characters get second and third chances.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-03-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Personally i love the idea of storm being the first(?) "mutant" goddess. How do other gods see that, how does that make her different. Also Storm is the one character that can unify a lot of worlds. Magic, Royality, Mutant, Human, Gods. It's literally all there in her background.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    By that logic Iron Fist, Dr Strange, Captian Marvel,Moon Knight , Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc as well. By all the attempts you mean "One" ,Storm in 1996 was 4 issue mini-series, Ororo before the Storm in 2005 was a 4 issue mini series Storm in 2006 was a 6 issue mini-series. Storm in 2014 was her only actually solo. Just as an example I have counted at least 5 different Punishers restarts not minis actual series. It is interesting which characters get second and third chances.
    Captain MArvel has to be on rebooot 35 at this point.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Captain MArvel has to be on rebooot 35 at this point.
    I thought we were discussing Storm, not the successes/failures of other characters.

If the question and thread premise transform into “Should Storm have 35 volumed attempts to create a successful series, as other characters have?” then the responses might change.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I thought we were discussing Storm, not the successes/failures of other characters.

If the question and thread premise transform into “Should Storm have 35 volumed attempts to create a successful series, as other characters have?” then the responses might change.
    Then prehaps you should read the statement presented in here that said no because her one solo didn't make it. Perhaps you should also see the bigger picture instead of being worried about the proposed view of one character. The simple point which you took to the next level was there is no reason a character who had one solo can't carry a franchise when marvel keeps trying it with other characters that happen to be a different shade.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

She can but that would require some good creators instead of the batch we have now.
    "Cable was right!"