Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Captain MArvel has to be on rebooot 35 at this point.
    I am fine with Captian Marvel, Only one time her book has been restarted with numbers below cancellation level. Every other time other her numbers were stable when they restarted. She was actually a priority for Marvel so they kept restarting her book never letting fall to bad cancellation numbers. She actually grew as of today her current issue 9 is at 37,000 units. For note cancel worries beginning at 20,000 and at 12,000 range your screwed. Captain Marvel is actually what you should do for books,Some books need to find the right creative team and storytelling style. Hulk was selling at around 23,000 units before Immortal Hulk. The most current Immortal Hulk book was at 62,053 units.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 10-03-2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am fine with Captian Marvel, Only one time her book has been restarted with numbers below cancellation level. Every other time other her numbers were stable when they restarted. She was actually a priority for Marvel so they kept restarting her book never letting fall to bad cancellation numbers. She actually grew as of today her current issue 9 is at 37,000 units, With cancel worries beginning at 20,000 and at 12,000 range your screwed. Captain Marvel is actually what you should do for books,Some books need to find the right creative team and storytelling style. Hulk was selling at around 23,000 units before Immortal Hulk.
    I don't have a problem with it either. It was to enforce the point that one "failed" series shouldn't dictate wheter any character only gets one shot. Not to mention unlike other solos Storm was already at a disadvantage due to the fox deal. Marvel barely promoted the Storm solo and she never even got to touch the greater MU in it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Then prehaps you should read the statement presented in here that said no because her one solo didn't make it. Perhaps you should also see the bigger picture instead of being worried about the proposed view of one character. The simple point which you took to the next level was there is no reason a character who had one solo can't carry a franchise when marvel keeps trying it with other characters that happen to be a different shade.
    I do see the bigger picture, and even mentioned it.

I think Storm needs her own Dream that would separate herself ideologically from the X-Men en masse. She would a role/profession outside of “adventurer” that works for her. She needs villains and allies specific to HER, and not the X-Men in general.

Krakoan ambassador to Wakandan-affiliated Africa might work. Outsider/Insider, illegal flower-drug running, Morlocks in Vibranium mines.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I think Storm needs her own Dream that would separate herself ideologically from the X-Men en masse. She would a role/profession outside of “adventurer” that works for her. She needs villains and allies specific to HER, and not the X-Men in general.

Krakoan ambassador to Wakandan-affiliated Africa might work. Outsider/Insider, illegal flower-drug running, Morlocks in Vibranium mines.
    Storm needs to stay out the wakandian minds. It forced the goddess out of her in the shuri series due to the gasses down there. God voice was in full force with blue text while she was wreaking things down there. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Storm needs to stay out the wakandian minds. It forced the goddess out of her in the shuri series due to the gasses down there. God voice was in full force with blue text while she was wreaking things down there. lol
    Heroes need challenges. Her claustrophobia mixed with Wakanda’s resource is RIPE.

No, I dont think she can. Ive found solo Storm stuff to be boring and she works better within the larger X-men lore

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Heroes need challenges. Her claustrophobia mixed with Wakanda’s resource is RIPE.
    I would love to see her take her throne in Kenya and try to make it a true haven for mutants and humans on earth as we know she has no plans on running from the "world" It would be great seeing the Goddess queen. And since Kenya is already protected by Wakanda it could be so interesting seeing how that would work as it moves beyond that. Sort of like house of M ororo.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Then prehaps you should read the statement presented in here that said no because her one solo didn't make it. Perhaps you should also see the bigger picture instead of being worried about the proposed view of one character. The simple point which you took to the next level was there is no reason a character who had one solo can't carry a franchise when marvel keeps trying it with other characters that happen to be a different shade.
    It doesn't matter that the previous books were miniseries when you look at the context of sales, as they were all below cancellation level. Even during the 90s the sales were around or below the 20,000s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It doesn't matter that the previous books were miniseries when you look at the context of sales, as they were all below cancellation level. Even during the 90s the sales were around or below the 20,000s.
    I hope we aren't acting like promotion doesn't matter. The fact that Storm #4 was still able to sell over 19,000 copiers with absolutely no promotion outside of the fans buying the book says that there is a market there. When other characters got a solo or a solo reboot or a first book, Mary Jane comes to mind, there were variant covers all over the place, almost everybook letting you know it was coming. Same for other characters that i won't mention by name.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, I dont think she can. Ive found solo Storm stuff to be boring and she works better within the larger X-men lore
    Like I said before, all it takes is a creative team willing to put in work.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

With the right push and new Stories.......I’d say it’s possible.

Yes. Put a superstar writer on her book with a tight, focused plot and a beloved artist (I'm rooting for Nicola Scott) and I think her solo would be a hit.

Yes.

10char.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Like I said before, all it takes is a creative team willing to put in work.
    She's been around for over 40 years and no writer has been able to do it. Even her "solo" stories within Claremont's run like Life Signs, I found to be boring. I dont care for her material when she doesnt have the X-men around to bounce off of and anytime they try to expand her by having her be lead with material in Kenya or Morlocks, Im just not interested. I love Storm but she isnt meant to be a solo hero IMO