Default Pitch A Direction: American Eagle

Pitch a direction for the Marvel hero Jason Strongbow aka American Eagle.

Ultimate Member

Federal marshal. He is assigned to track down all the villains who refuse to politely stay in New York

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Clothing Store owner.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Federal marshal. He is assigned to track down all the villains who refuse to politely stay in New York
    This but I'd drop the Marshal angle and just make him independent.

I pitched a Thunderbird series a while back. Some of it could be adapted for AE.
    Have him set up in the Four Corners area. He’s Navajo and their reservation extends into northeastern Arizona, southeastern Utah, and northwestern New Mexico.

He’s being funded by a mysterious benefactor who may or may not be Thomas Fireheart. While he’s not turning down the money, HQ and tech, he’s suspicious he’s being used.
    Have him deal w. various criminal organizations in the area, some of which have superpowered operatives or mystical ties. He’ll also be dealing w. US Marshals, law enforcement, civilians, media and Tribal elders, This will help him start to establish a rogues gallery and supporting cast.

Some existing villains off the top of my head he could appropriate; The Desert Dwellers (Sunstroke, Butte, Cactus, Gila), Dominus, The Arcane, The Lobo Cartel, Mr. Moctezuma and his enforcer the pyrokinetic Salamander, Xiuhcoatl the Fire Serpent, Armadillo (as a frenemy). A run in w. The Hulk in New Mexico would be on the Agenda. For something more lighthearted and off the wall, a meeting w. the woman named Utah and her pet gastornis at the Boarding House of Mystery. For someone more high speed, have The High Evolutionary conducting some twisted experiments in the region.

Rematches w. Cottonmouth, Bullseye, PeaceMongor, and Jimmy Littlehawk would be in there.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 10-08-2020 at 04:01 PM.

This was the perfect setup, I thought:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ameri...ustice_Vol_1_1

Leaping out of the pages of Thunderbolts, Jason Strongbow aka American Eagle, tribal leader and former super hero, keeps the peace throughout Navajo lands. So when a super villain on the run crosses onto the rez, pursued by one of Tony Stark's Initiative teams, Strongbow must give them all a hard lesson in down-home justice.

Political intrigue, have him act as an agent for some underground movement
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I pitched a Thunderbird series a while back. Some of it could be adapted for AE.
    Have him set up in the Four Corners area. He’s Navajo and their reservation extends into northeastern Arizona, southeastern Utah, and northwestern New Mexico.

He’s being funded by a mysterious benefactor who may or may not be Thomas Fireheart. While he’s not turning down the money, HQ and tech, he’s suspicious he’s being used.
    Have him deal w. various criminal organizations in the area, some of which have superpowered operatives or mystical ties. He’ll also be dealing w. US Marshals, law enforcement, civilians, media and Tribal elders, This will help him start to establish a rogues gallery and supporting cast.

Some existing villains off the top of my head he could appropriate; The Desert Dwellers (Sunstroke, Butte, Cactus, Gila), Dominus, The Arcane, The Lobo Cartel, Mr. Moctezuma and his enforcer the pyrokinetic Salamander, Xiuhcoatl the Fire Serpent, Armadillo (as a frenemy). A run in w. The Hulk in New Mexico would be on the Agenda. For something more lighthearted and off the wall, a meeting w. the woman named Utah and her pet gastornis at the Boarding House of Mystery. For someone more high speed, have The High Evolutionary conducting some twisted experiments in the region.

Rematches w. Cottonmouth, Bullseye, PeaceMongor, and Jimmy Littlehawk would be in there.
    Have him meet the rangers!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I like those ideas. I'd especially have him team up with Aracely/Hummingbird to take on the Lobo Cartel, Mr. Moctezuma and Salamander, and finally resolve the mysteries built up around her since her appearances in Scarlet Spider and New Warriors by Chris Yost.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    ^^^Oh that’d be on the agenda for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I like those ideas. I'd especially have him team up with Aracely/Hummingbird to take on the Lobo Cartel, Mr. Moctezuma and Salamander, and finally resolve the mysteries built up around her since her appearances in Scarlet Spider and New Warriors by Chris Yost.
    ^^^Thats such a great idea. I like when old plot threads get remembered by a writer and unexpectedly resolved!

Would anyone be interested in a team-up between American Eagle and Puma? Maybe a story where they investigate disappearances of people close to them.

I actually love this pitch. But what would his look be? It has to be something more dynamic than a white tee, black jacket, with red gloves and boots. A great design can make or break a comic character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a team-up between American Eagle and Puma? Maybe a story where they investigate disappearances of people close to them.
    I had Puma as part of my pitch, so yeah, there would def. a team up if I had my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I actually love this pitch. But what would his look be? It has to be something more dynamic than a white tee, black jacket, with red gloves and boots. A great design can make or break a comic character.
    ^^^Truth.
    I was thinking a Street/more realistic outfit w. design elements and color scheme that called his original design to mind. I def. don’t want him in a headdress, mask, or moccasins.