Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

she came out at the wrong time. she feels very Dark Reign, to me. I get why they are using familiar Bugle staff. but that's kind of an uninspired choice. should be Taskmaster and Black Ant. just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She's on the run because she escaped from prison (probably cut her hair as a disguise, though that would be blown as soon as she suits up), can't get a job, obviously can't claim benefits. How else is she supposed to get money unless she commits more crimes?
    I personally think the character will probably have more mileage as a villain then she would as another hero or anti-hero.

She doesn't need much mileage, as she has a built in sell by date anyway. She loses the reality stone, she's done, regardless of whether she's a hero or villain. And that means she probably only has until the next Infinity event.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

She doesn't need much mileage, as she has a built in sell by date anyway. She loses the reality stone, she's done, regardless of whether she's a hero or villain. And that means she probably only has until the next Infinity event.
    Not necessarily. She wouldn't be the first person to end up with some permanent powers from an Infinity Gem, even after they no longer have the stone. Pip the Troll, for example, permanently retained his teleportation powers. Moondragon's telekinetic powers, in particular, were permanently enhanced over what they were before she got the stone. Etc.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Not necessarily. She wouldn't be the first person to end up with some permanent powers from an Infinity Gem, even after they no longer have the stone. Pip the Troll, for example, permanently retained his teleportation powers. Moondragon's telekinetic powers, in particular, were permanently enhanced over what they were before she got the stone. Etc.
    I agree. I don't believe the Infinity Stones were meant to be like simple magical trinkets that automatically reverse their handiwork just because ownership was transferred. Most of the things wrought by those stones should be permanent unless and until another wielder of the stones -- or a more powerful force -- changes it.

I personally think the Infinity stones should have limitations in terms of their efficacy in the current cosmos, since they are by-products of a previous cosmos. Obviously, Marvel writers disagree with that logic, since they've turned people like Thanos into nigh omnipotent beings above Eternity, but those stones should be about as binding as the previous owners of your house insisting that they retain full power over what you do with the property now that you are the sole owner. Nope, they can't. It doesn't work that way, and the stones should be similarly limited. But oh well, Marvel writers have other ideas about that.

I guess we should count our blessings that no one thought to create Eternity Prime's version of the Infinity stones -- call them Eternity stones or something, which are more powerful than the predecessors and can easily override any effect generated by them. Of course, if they did that, I'd hope that they'd also make it impossible for anyone/anything other than one of the primordial pillars of creation to wield them.

She's on the run because she escaped from prison (probably cut her hair as a disguise, though that would be blown as soon as she suits up), can't get a job, obviously can't claim benefits. How else is she supposed to get money unless she commits more crimes?
    All she has to do is get a fake ID, fake birth certificate and apply for a new Social Security number. Keep a low profile. Fugitives from the law do this all the time.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I hope she stays a villain. Danvers could use some more recurring female foes.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndersonHoran View Post
    It's a homenage to Ms Marvel #1 cover.
    Attachment 91201
    I just hope that no one starts a debate over the phallic subtext of Scorpion's tail.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Kelly Thompson said in an interview that she is definitely a villain. No ambiguity. So that seems to be a lock.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I came to say that, i really hope they don't turn her into a hero.

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Always love to see Jessica Jones, she showing up was great, also Wanda.

BANNED

tfw wanda interacts more with carol's villain than carol

This bitch needs to die she's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was hoping that they'd do something with Power Princess in that respect. I don't recall if there was ever a Squadron Sinister version of her, but I'd definitely create one, make her the ruling authoritarian of her domain, and give her a world view and political interests that more often than not clashes with mainstream heroes. Plus, it would break up the boys club of earthly monarchs like Doom, Namor and T'Challa.
    There is an evil version of Power Princess. And there was another duiring Secret Wars' Squadron Sinister. So don't worry.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

They're the same one. Look at the first appearance on the page you linked to. Squadron Sinister #1, 2015.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman