Default NYC police department vs. A Small Country

Random thread for old Arby to make, I know.

Are there any countries on Earth that the total resources of the NYPD could conquer?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Random thread for old Arby to make, I know.

Are there any countries on Earth that the total resources of the NYPD could conquer?
    Lots of them.

Given the resources, weaponry, vehicles and intelligence information available to the NYPD, once you get below Cyprus (#158 / 233), there’s probably only something like Montenegro (a lot of old Balkan War era guns), Luxembourg (NATO logistics and stores) and Gibraltar (big British military presence) that could stop it.

Astonishing Member

How do they get there and keep themselves supplies? Logistics is often ignored in military rumbles.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Defeat, maybe. "Conquer" as in occupy and hold, I doubt, unless we're talking micronations. I'm with Captain Smith on the issue of logistics here. Plus there's just the matter of fighting entrenched opponents in cities being an absolute nightmare even with large advantages, and they're not really trained for this kind of conflict which is another problem; some have military training, but that's not the same as being in a well drilled military force structured for war with a command structure that understands strategy as it relates to occupation. They don't have any of that. Plus it's a setting where they don't have a vast institution and social structure that just accepts that they're in control, so they aren't just bringing overwhelming force to bear against poorly (if at all) armed individuals.

No, I don't expect them to do well against anything resembling a military, nor do I expect them to be able to deal with occupying a city even if they defeat its military. There's some places that they could probably just walk into and declare conquered assuming it happens in a vacuum, but that's it, really.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-03-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Do Sovereign Citizens count as countries?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Vatican City is going to rain Fire and Brimstone on the NYC.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Here's some candidates: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...t_armed_forces

For some of theme - why would you want to go there?

BANNED

NYP: You have the right to remain silenced!