Default Just Read Bendis' Secret War For The First Time

My Thoughts:

- It's really weird seeing a Daisy Johnson who looks like Angelina Jolie even though I know she wasn't originally supposed to be Asian.

- The art is very fitting for the type of feel and tone the story is going for.

- I'm not very familiar with Agent Woo but is how he is depicted here his usual characterization?

- I wonder if anyone in-universe has ever commented on how Fury's use of life model decoys mirrors Doom's use of Doombots.

- So was Von Bardas going to reveal Fury's actions in Latveria to the public after she blew him up? Seems like just outing him immediately would have been a better idea.

- The politics of this have... not aged well given what the Latveria situation is clearly supposed to be a stand-in for.

it's bendis. don't expect usual characterizations. he does what he wants. (ex. introducing a new Prowler when the original was still alive and active).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My Thoughts:

- It's really weird seeing a Daisy Johnson who looks like Angelina Jolie even though I know she wasn't originally supposed to be Asian.

- I'm not very familiar with Agent Woo but is how he is depicted here his usual characterization?

- I wonder if anyone in-universe has ever commented on how Fury's use of life model decoys mirrors Doom's use of Doombots.

- So was Von Bardas going to reveal Fury's actions in Latveria to the public after she blew him up? Seems like just outing him immediately would have been a better idea.

- The politics of this have... not aged well given what the Latveria situation is clearly supposed to be a stand-in for.
    I believe he used this mini to take Fury off the board for his New Avengers run, it was a okay story.

The art was what really sold it.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My Thoughts:

I'd have to go back and read Secret War but Agent Jimmy Woo goes back to the Steranko Agent of SHIELD era. It was not alway apparent if he was being substituted by some of the robots that Doom used from time to time.

Other thoughts:

- "What's my name?" Clearly Samuel L. Jackson should have played Luke Cage.

- Of the heroes that appeared in this story, Sue Storm makes the most sense to have been used for a covert ops mission. Too bad Waid's miniseries wasn't written at the time.