Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Mister M isn't dead, just mysteriously now the ruler of the Otherworld province called Mercator. We have no idea what's up with that or him, but its been dangling out there as a likely pertinent plot thread to be visited at some point.

Siena Blaze was one of those love to hate villains, lol, so I would love to see her back, and Trevor Fitzroy could actually be really interesting. If say, Bishop objects to his resurrection, but then Jamie and Layla's knowledge of him from the future comes up as well.....because the whole thing with him was that he was retconned by X-Factor so that his deal was originally, during the Summers Rebellion, he was a genuinely good guy. But then he died, and Layla resurrected him with her actual mutant power.....but this brought him back without a soul, and all his evil acts were done after that point, because he no longer had a soul. So he actually could be a really interesting character to focus on to more explicitly examine the question of do Krakoan resurrected mutants have souls (especially now after ToM).....or where the line for that comes. ToM said that Wanda's spell let Cerebro examine every part of time and space for mutants who fell through the cracks, and Trevor Fitzroy WOULD have a Cerebro back-up already, from when he was in the present day WITHOUT a soul.....so the question becomes, since Wanda's spell was all about seeking out mutants who couldn't be resurrected already, could there be a story angle by which it reached through time and space and plucked Fitzroy's soul from the point he originally died and reunited it with his consciousness in the Waiting Room? Everything about this is so vague and esoteric that I maintain any writer COULD easily find a hand-wavey explanation to account for that so long as they WANTED to....and that could be a genuinely interesting story to me. Fitzroy resurrected as an actual good guy, able to draw (like Krakoa, Selene and Emplate) on just a minute amount of life energy from the island and its residents as a whole so he doesn't need to kill to use his powers.....and peoples' interactions with him moving forward would make an extremely interesting counterpoint to the idea that everyone has to at least put up with past villains' presences on the island due to the amnesty thing.

I just mean like, imagine the Hellions and Emma and Bishop all wrestling with their past associations with Fitzroy and who he is in the present, NOT because of some mandated amnesty, but because this Fitzroy is actually a genuinely decent person who actually is noble and helpful and confused by peoples' reactions to him.....because this version of him theoretically didn't DO the things people hold against him. Like if his soul wasn't in the building previously, but it is now, is he still guilty? If he never would have done those things IF he'd had his soul then, and he didn't have any agency in NOT having it or being brought back without it, how much can really be held against this person who now has it again the way he should have all along? But at the same time, A version of him did still very much do the things people hold against Fitzroy, so people he hurt can't be expected to just pretend he never did them.....like I just mean, there's lots of really interesting story angles opened up by him now I think.

Also, if they find a way to bring Shard back in her original body, I hope they do the same for Greystone, Archer and Fixx because I always liked them. Particularly Fixx, her power with the psionic fairies she commanded, was really interesting IMO.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Mister M isn't dead, just mysteriously now the ruler of the Otherworld province called Mercator. We have no idea what's up with that or him, but its been dangling out there as a likely pertinent plot thread to be visited at some point.

Siena Blaze was one of those love to hate villains, lol, so I would love to see her back, and Trevor Fitzroy could actually be really interesting. If say, Bishop objects to his resurrection, but then Jamie and Layla's knowledge of him from the future comes up as well.....because the whole thing with him was that he was retconned by X-Factor so that his deal was originally, during the Summers Rebellion, he was a genuinely good guy. But then he died, and Layla resurrected him with her actual mutant power.....but this brought him back without a soul, and all his evil acts were done after that point, because he no longer had a soul. So he actually could be a really interesting character to focus on to more explicitly examine the question of do Krakoan resurrected mutants have souls (especially now after ToM).....or where the line for that comes. ToM said that Wanda's spell let Cerebro examine every part of time and space for mutants who fell through the cracks, and Trevor Fitzroy WOULD have a Cerebro back-up already, from when he was in the present day WITHOUT a soul.....so the question becomes, since Wanda's spell was all about seeking out mutants who couldn't be resurrected already, could there be a story angle by which it reached through time and space and plucked Fitzroy's soul from the point he originally died and reunited it with his consciousness in the Waiting Room? Everything about this is so vague and esoteric that I maintain any writer COULD easily find a hand-wavey explanation to account for that so long as they WANTED to....and that could be a genuinely interesting story to me. Fitzroy resurrected as an actual good guy, able to draw (like Krakoa, Selene and Emplate) on just a minute amount of life energy from the island and its residents as a whole so he doesn't need to kill to use his powers.....and peoples' interactions with him moving forward would make an extremely interesting counterpoint to the idea that everyone has to at least put up with past villains' presences on the island due to the amnesty thing.

I just mean like, imagine the Hellions and Emma and Bishop all wrestling with their past associations with Fitzroy and who he is in the present, NOT because of some mandated amnesty, but because this Fitzroy is actually a genuinely decent person who actually is noble and helpful and confused by peoples' reactions to him.....because this version of him theoretically didn't DO the things people hold against him. Like if his soul wasn't in the building previously, but it is now, is he still guilty? If he never would have done those things IF he'd had his soul then, and he didn't have any agency in NOT having it or being brought back without it, how much can really be held against this person who now has it again the way he should have all along? But at the same time, A version of him did still very much do the things people hold against Fitzroy, so people he hurt can't be expected to just pretend he never did them.....like I just mean, there's lots of really interesting story angles opened up by him now I think.

Also, if they find a way to bring Shard back in her original body, I hope they do the same for Greystone, Archer and Fixx because I always liked them. Particularly Fixx, her power with the psionic fairies she commanded, was really interesting IMO.
    Ohhhhh I like you.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If Fitzroy comes back, I'd like to see the OG Hellions beat the crap out of him.
    My flag is bacon.

Very X-cited Member TheMutantTheorist's Avatar

Since duplicates are being allowed to be resurrected I would love to see Namorita join in the Krakoa mix and reunite with microbe (who would also be resurrected) and she could possibly get the Namor family in the mix and potentially resurrect Namor's son, Kamar.
    Also because of the whole Wanda situation with any mutant soul being able to be resurrected now I also want to see Siryn's and Madrox's baby boy who was absorbed. I want to see clones be allowed to create their own identity so any clone of mutants should be resurrected and just like children let them form their own personalities and identities. And last of all Squidboy needs to be resurrected and reunited with Juggernaut.

Ultimate Member

Ooh, I did not know Fixx was dead! She was one of the more interesting rando telepaths introduced, with those psionic sprite thingies!

And I totally agree with the fun potential for Fitzroy being resurrected with a soul. One side could point to Nightcrawler, who lacked a soul for a time, and *didn't* turn into a murderous psychopath. Being 'soulless' doesn't mean you *have* to be a dick? The other could point to the many mutants who have gotten a clean slate for misdeeds done by alternate / altered versions of themselves, with the biggest example being Jean and the D'bari genocide, but tons of minor examples of Logan getting possessed and killing Northstar or Scott killing Xavier or whatever. (Leaving aside the various mutants who have not even that excuse, like Apocalypse or Selene or Dr. Whathisname the Nazi.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    Also because of the whole Wanda situation with any mutant soul being able to be resurrected now I also want to see Siryn's and Madrox's baby boy who was absorbed.
    I sometimes wonder if baby Sean really got killed by that absorption, or somehow triggered his fathers power and fused with him, and is now comfortably nestled inside Jamie, getting to bypass the boring parts of growing up. A decade or so, he'll pop out, a young adult, having passively absorbed everything that his father has experienced, and be ready to join the world!

'Cause that's generally what happens with super-kids anyway. Childhood's annoying. They disappear as babies and then reappear (or appear for the very first time!) as teens or adults. No diapers. No school recitals. No wisdom teeth. Just, bang, instant adult!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, I did not know Fixx was dead! She was one of the more interesting rando telepaths introduced, with those psionic sprite thingies!
    As far as we know, Greystone is the only dead XUE. Archer and Fixx should be alright, except they were "animating" dead flatscan bodies.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 12-26-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I sometimes wonder if baby Sean really got killed by that absorption, or somehow triggered his fathers power and fused with him, and is now comfortably nestled inside Jamie, getting to bypass the boring parts of growing up. A decade or so, he'll pop out, a young adult, having passively absorbed everything that his father has experienced, and be ready to join the world!

'Cause that's generally what happens with super-kids anyway. Childhood's annoying. They disappear as babies and then reappear (or appear for the very first time!) as teens or adults. No diapers. No school recitals. No wisdom teeth. Just, bang, instant adult!
    mmm and all the memories of everything his father did in the time....

Amazing Member

Where’s Caliban ?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Where’s Caliban ?
    Hopefully, keeping a low profile. We saw an alive Caliban getting shot in X-Force #1.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Where’s Caliban ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Hopefully, keeping a low profile. We saw an alive Caliban getting shot in X-Force #1.
    Caliban should join the Marauders and help seek out mutants. He'd get the bonus of working with his beloved Kittypryde
    My flag is bacon.

The Exiles Mimic and kid Apocalypse should be resurrected

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by rdman View Post
    The Exiles Mimic and kid Apocalypse should be resurrected
    I can see them maybe resurrecting Evan now that the door has been opened with Gabby and Maddy, but sadly I don't see them ever resurrecting AU versions of already existing 616 characters. Which sucks because I've never found 616 Mimic compelling at all but Exiles Cal was one of my favorite characters. Can't we just....swap them? LOL.

BANNED

I had wanted Destiny resurrected. That has finally happened.

They just brought back the original Proudstar and Harry Leland.

Jenny Randsome? The Genoshan mutant turned into a slave mutate? It might be interesting to see how she reacts with waking up in a different world.

Bring back Aiden Casthorp without the neurological condition.
    My flag is bacon.