Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default X-men unlimited 97: control part 2: Polaris and Dani team up

As we open Dani is fight dancing for some reasion

Polaris: are you ok
    Dani: we have a problem now must fix.

Later
    Dani: sorry didn't have coffee and the thought of fighting you scare me. Jean asked me to spy on you. I overheard everything. Are you sure this Victor Masters is real ?
    Polaris: I'm not crazy
    Dani: i know how those kids died.
    P: I'm not a murderer
    D: you do go crazy ever now and again
    P: I keep having visions, like your hitting me with your knightmare fear powers.
    D: cool, let's see if victor is real

On there way Polaris has another episode and crashes through a wall.

Polaris: see Victor is right there
    Dani: He's dead, looks like he had is iron ripped out of his body.
    Polaris: look his calander says he wasn't in new york yesterday. The victory I ment was fake ? I'm not a murderer
    Dani: are you sure ? You can still be a crazy murderer
    Polaris has a episode/ attacked by Dani
    Polaris: (sobbing)who could be doing this to me
    Dani: isn't it obvious
    Polaris: no.
    Dani: don't you recognize me ?
    Polaris: your Dani Dani
    Dani: no, it was me malice the whole time! Possessing Dani to screw with you

Polaris: no but you have a body and are good now ? Why do this ?

Malice: I did it all for my master plan of driving you insane and marrying havoc while possessing you body....
    Polaris: oh dead God noooooo

I really do hope it's not actually Malice tbh. Still betting on Mastermind here.

I have to admit, I didn't see the little twist of Lorna being lured to that location and Dani being possessed.
    Lorna scanning her memories of the past 24 hours being something one does when they're used to losing control was pretty profound.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I was actually pretty happy about Lorna's portrayal here. And yes, the reveal that these attacks she's having are fear-based and came from a possessed Dani is nice that it's not Lorna who's possessed...

But, the thing is, Malice doesn't have magnetic abilities herself.

But we also didn't see Malice/Dani do anything inherently evil or criminal on panel, unless you count the possession itself as inherently evil - though that is just her powerset. And we know Malice had her (admittedly weak, imo) redemption story...

What I'm getting at is that I'm almost predicting Malice has been stalking Polaris to try for a real redemption story and she's here to help Polaris out. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, but I do think it would be better than Polaris having to fight Malice off for the 4th time.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    I was actually pretty happy about Lorna's portrayal here. And yes, the reveal that these attacks she's having are fear-based and came from a possessed Dani is nice that it's not Lorna who's possessed...

But we also didn't see Malice/Dani do anything inherently evil or criminal on panel, unless you count the possession itself as inherently evil - though that is just her powerset. And we know Malice had her (admittedly weak, imo) redemption story...

What I'm getting at is that I'm almost predicting Malice has been stalking Polaris to try for a real redemption story and she's here to help Polaris out. And I'm not sure how I'd feel about it, but I do think it would be better than Polaris having to fight Malice off for the 4th time.
    I agree. We're given the impression that Malice is about to attack but maybe that's not the case and she's trying (in her own weird way) to make amends. At least I hope that's the case.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post

I agree with all of this! I really like Lorna’s portrayal and the emphasis of her fear/dislike of being controlled by anything or anyone. I do think some twist would be better than this being another “Polaris fights off Malice” moment, I think a current story of that wouldn’t be bad for Polaris. It could really emphasize Malice as a “Polaris villain” which imo would be great for Lorna to have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I really do hope it's not actually Malice tbh. Still betting on Mastermind here.
    Personally, it's mojo making a TV series where people randomly screw with her.

Well, at least that explains why Dani came off so unhinged at the beginning of the story...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Well, at least that explains why Dani came off so unhinged at the beginning of the story...
    Exactly.
    Also why in that page does she mention Betsy (of all the telepaths she's least closest with) but the image is KWANNON??

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Exactly.
    Also why in that page does she mention Betsy (of all the telepaths she's least closest with) but the image is KWANNON??
    Because for most of the time she's known her Betsy was in Kwannon's body.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Because for most of the time she's known her Betsy was in Kwannon's body.
    But she KNOWS Kwannon. In fact, I would argue she's closer to Kwannon than Betsy after the Brood Saga that recently happened. It's an artist error.

But she KNOWS Kwannon. In fact, I would argue she's closer to Kwannon than Betsy after the Brood Saga that recently happened. It's an artist error.
    There's what your conscious mind knows and there's what you subconscious remembers. Dani's powers work on the subconscious.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

It's not an error to portray Betsy in Kwannon's body when referencing the time she was in Kwannon's body... The images of Alex, Magneto and Zaladane are also of older times.

Extraordinary Member

Zala Dane was finally acknowledged in this.
    I hope this means she’ll finally return.