Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Maddie and Destiny... bring on the chaos!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Maddie and Destiny... bring on the chaos!
    Apparently Maddie is not allowed because she is a clone...but they already brought back a couple Cuckoos who are clones or Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Apparently Maddie is not allowed because she is a clone...but they already brought back a couple Cuckoos who are clones or Emma.
    Zaurka-WHAT?

Are these resurrections they're doing not essentially specialized clones? They're not resurrecting the original bodies, right?

Which means they're clones?

So what's the logic of a 'clone' stipulation? That doesn't make sense.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Zaurka-WHAT?

Are these resurrections they're doing not essentially specialized clones? They're not resurrecting the original bodies, right?

Which means they're clones?

In Hellions #4....Scott tells Alex that Maddie won't be resurrected and states..."There are protocols. She was a clone of Jean. The Council doesn't want...". So...yes the resurrected are clones...but they want to only put the original person in a clone...not someone else. However the Cuckoos are just a bunch of clones of Emma...and the 2 dead ones were brought back...so the council is just being hypocrites.

Astonishing Member

The way the narrative looks to me, there are two reasons for the rule.

On the surface:
    The "no clones" rule essentialy comes from the fact that they are cloning the bodies of the dead (what ever it's a machine or elaborate machination doing it makes no difference here) and then copy and pasting a memory backup into said body. This new version would then become the new baseline on which the next replication is based on. Which would make extra duplicate an issue for the process.
    Because then the whole "who is the real version" question would crop up, in order to decide who should become the source of the ongoing memory imprint. In addition to that there is a moral issues about who would have the right to be brought back and who would be doomed to stay dead.
    If both are declared to be valid continuations of the dead original it could over time create more and more duplicates or endager the intrigity of the Cerebro storages as there could be confusion as to which version they would need to download into the new body.

For the same reason they also don't want duplicates of other kind like dimensional doppelgänger around.

Behind the scenes:
    The rule also ensures that "problematic" duplicates like Maddie (Sinisters past crime) or Evan/Genesis (Apocalypse would not want him around) aren't allowed to be brought back and therefor create friction.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-02-2021 at 03:28 PM.

In Hellions #4....Scott tells Alex that Maddie won't be resurrected and states..."There are protocols. She was a clone of Jean. The Council doesn't want...". So...yes the resurrected are clones...but they want to only put the original person in a clone...not someone else. However the Cuckoos are just a bunch of clones of Emma...and the 2 dead ones were brought back...so the council is just being hypocrites.
    The Cuckoos are a unit. They are an exception as they have a hive mind and are crippled without all 5. Age of X-man actually went into this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Cuckoos are a unit. They are an exception as they have a hive mind and are crippled without all 5. Age of X-man actually went into this.
    When 2 were dead the other 3 did just fine.

When 2 were dead the other 3 did just fine.
    They coped. They are stronger as 5

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They coped. They are stronger as 5
    Yeah, I want to see the 5-in-1 again and in action. I always thought the Hive-Mind was unique for a Marvel comic and could add something different if written correctly.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah. For sure. I can see why Scott wouldn't want Maddie brought back - reminder of the days he started being an arse.

That said - I see discussions for the Emma clones... and granted "hive mind" or not... still clones right?

I mean, Maddie had a life of her own - became a pilot, did things, she lived her own life.

It's an interesting position to take.

Because technically they'd never resurrect Professor Xavier right?

Or did they forget when Xavier was cloned by the Starjammers - due to the egg in him from the Brood Queen? After Uncanny X-Men #167, or so...

"The X-Men discover this and return to free Xavier, but they are too late to prevent his body from being destroyed with a Brood Queen in its place; however, his soul remains intact. The X-Men and Starjammers subdue this monstrous creature containing Xavier's essence, but the only way to restore him is to clone a new body using tissue samples he donated to the Starjammers and transfer his consciousness into the clone body. This new body possesses functional legs, though the psychosomatic pain Xavier experienced after living so long as a paraplegic takes some time to subside."
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. For sure. I can see why Scott wouldn't want Maddie brought back - reminder of the days he started being an arse.

That said - I see discussions for the Emma clones... and granted "hive mind" or not... still clones right?

I mean, Maddie had a life of her own - became a pilot, did things, she lived her own life.

Or did they forget when Xavier was cloned by the Starjammers - due to the egg in him from the Brood Queen? After Uncanny X-Men #167, or so...

"The X-Men discover this and return to free Xavier, but they are too late to prevent his body from being destroyed with a Brood Queen in its place; however, his soul remains intact. The X-Men and Starjammers subdue this monstrous creature containing Xavier's essence, but the only way to restore him is to clone a new body using tissue samples he donated to the Starjammers and transfer his consciousness into the clone body. This new body possesses functional legs, though the psychosomatic pain Xavier experienced after living so long as a paraplegic takes some time to subside."
    They can resurrect...but must put the original mind in the clone. Maddie is a clone of Jean...but without Jean's mind in it so it is 'wrong'. So resurrecting Xavier...even though he is a clone...is OK because they are putting Xavier's mind in the new clone.

Ultimate Member

They can resurrect...but must put the original mind in the clone. Maddie is a clone of Jean...but without Jean's mind in it so it is 'wrong'. So resurrecting Xavier...even though he is a clone...is OK because they are putting Xavier's mind in the new clone.
    Eh, just put Maddy's mind in Maddy and Jean's mind in Jean. Maddy's got a mutant gene, so she should be backed up in Cerebro like every other mutant on Earth. Seems easy enough.

IMO, the whole thing was an excuse because the QC *didn't want* Maddy back. They've already got Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, Shaw, Exodus, etc. to keep an eye on, and are, frankly, doing a crap job of that. Last thing they need to do is add to the pile of problems on their plate.

Incredible Member

Is Threnody still around?

Also, there was this mutant boy the FF encountered who created faux FF from sand.

the creative mutants that Bushwacker killed in that issue of Daredevil, 1987.

BANNED

It also brings into question how someone like Gabby gets a pass.

With Laura you've got the fact that even her origin book establishes she's not actually a clone because of the process used to create her. Gabby, however, IS a clone, with the only physical differences being her claw arrangement (since Alchemax frelled up the process and didn't even realize they successfully duplicated the X-Gene, so something didn't quite go right) and her insensitivity to pain (which is induced by nanoprobes and not natural). Her personality and memories are distinct from her template, but so was Maddie's.

It makes the whole thing seem arbitrary.