Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

No Maddie...No Peace

Extraordinary Member

Windshear from Alpha Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was a latent mutant and Claremont retconned her as having used TP back in UXM 201 to influence Scott's fight with Storm

I dont think thats how its being treated though.

OG Jean lives and "dies" in UXM 100. She is replaced by Phoenix
    Phoenix lives and dies in UXM 139. She is replaced by Maddie
    Maddie lives and in this time we learn that OG Jean never died. Maddie dies in Inferno and all 3 are merged into Jean as her soul existed within all 3 beings. They were fragments of the same person and made whole again
    Going on that whole 'soul' bit... I can see something like the Phoenix Force having tapped a part of Jean's 'soul' (so Marvel is confirming souls exist...?)

But how did Maddie get a piece of her soul? If she was just a clone by Sinister (or whatever - it's such a mess) - Sinister can do clones, but not souls? Or was it somehow retconned that the Phoenix Force created Maddie out of Jean's soul or something crazy?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Going on that whole 'soul' bit... I can see something like the Phoenix Force having tapped a part of Jean's 'soul' (so Marvel is confirming souls exist...?)

But how did Maddie get a piece of her soul? If she was just a clone by Sinister (or whatever - it's such a mess) - Sinister can do clones, but not souls? Or was it somehow retconned that the Phoenix Force created Maddie out of Jean's soul or something crazy?
    thats the point. Sinister cloned Jean but the clone was a failure. It was inanimate until the PF gave it life by imbuing her with Jean's soul. She woke up yelling for Scott and had Jean's memories. Sinister used the opportunity to then give her false memories and identity so he could place her in Alaska with his family where they would meet

What happens if a mutant from Arakko dies outside Arakko and gets resurrected!? Will it change the personality of that mutant!?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm not really into the resurrections either and I really want to put my foot down a lot at times but I guess I found this thread too tempting. To add... There are so many mutants that you wonder what's the point if you are only going to use the same characters again and again. And there are many smaller character that have some connections at least to the mainstays re: your examples Darkstar's to Bobby and Warren and Sara to Jean... that taking advantage of it would make such interactions seem less contrived and a reason to bring characters to the forefront. I think too many times now people will put certain characters together and force them into roles instead of building it up with an in story reason and then graduate to something bigger but that's thoughts for another topic I guess.
    So the only reason I am for it - there's been SO many characters that were pointlessly killed. And one might say, "Because there's so many of them." Which is a fair point - but if a character dies, I would prefer it to mean something. Like Pyro's (Legacy Virus) death - was impactful. It was important to the story back then. But a lot of other characters died - just because a writer needed to kill some mutants to show impact. For example, the original Hellions killed by Fritzoy. There was no need to kill all of them. One or two would have had an impact - and left the others to deal with surviving. There was also several members of Generation X that seemed to needlessly get killed off (Skin, for example - and some might argue, Sync as well).

I'd rather these characters be alive and in writer's limbo, in case another writer comes along and wants to do something with them.

I do think Marvel needs to put a foot down on writers creating characters needlessly. Morrison (?) did that when he created like 100 mutants to shove them into Xavier's school.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I don't think it's set in stone that the Cuckoos are clones of Emma. Bendis planned on revealing who their father is. Canonwise I think we don't know if they are clones of Emma or clones of a daughter of Emma created in a lab by Sublime, with the genetic material of a still unknown father. In Here Comes Tomorrow they don't age, and they seem to be natural blondes too.

Maddy doesn't get resurrected because it looks like high ranking mutants have the authority to greatly delay or stop resurrections of villains they hate, like Emma with regards to her sisters (one of them was the murderer of Synch pretty much), or Xavier eternally delaying the resurrection of Destiny
    Wouldn't this be the case with the original Marauders as well (including Scalphunter/Greycrow from the Hellions since Sinister was using endless clones of them)?
    Mind you, Greycrow is the BEST thing about Hellions right now.
    (I am only 4 issues in...)

Astonishing Member

Greycrow wasn't dead before the creation of Krakoa, he was used in Cullenn Bunn's Magneto book (abandoned in a hospital by Magneto but without his arms and legs, and cauterized wounds so his arms and legs don't grow back, because he has a healing factot, so Magneto made him a cripple), and he was used later, but healthy, can't remember the book, may have been the same one that was abandoned in a hospital or a clone.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Greycrow wasn't dead before the creation of Krakoa, he was used in Cullenn Bunn's Magneto book (abandoned in a hospital by Magneto but without his arms and legs, and cauterized wounds so his arms and legs don't grow back, because he has a healing factot, so Magneto made him a cripple), and he was used later, but healthy, can't remember the book, may have been the same one that was abandoned in a hospital or a clone.
    Oh, but he was killed. In X-MAN #13 specifically.
    XMAN_13.jpg

i haven't seen Daytripper aka Amanda Sefton.Nightcrawlers ex would love to see her again.

Extraordinary Member

So the only reason I am for it - there's been SO many characters that were pointlessly killed. And one might say, "Because there's so many of them." Which is a fair point - but if a character dies, I would prefer it to mean something. Like Pyro's (Legacy Virus) death - was impactful. It was important to the story back then. But a lot of other characters died - just because a writer needed to kill some mutants to show impact. For example, the original Hellions killed by Fritzoy. There was no need to kill all of them. One or two would have had an impact - and left the others to deal with surviving. There was also several members of Generation X that seemed to needlessly get killed off (Skin, for example - and some might argue, Sync as well).

I'd rather these characters be alive and in writer's limbo, in case another writer comes along and wants to do something with them.

I do think Marvel needs to put a foot down on writers creating characters needlessly. Morrison (?) did that when he created like 100 mutants to shove them into Xavier's school.
    Don't even get me started on Rahne getting killed by a group of drunken frat boys she could have taken apart in 2 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    i haven't seen Daytripper aka Amanda Sefton.Nightcrawlers ex would love to see her again.
    She is not a mutant though.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Don't even get me started on Rahne getting killed by a group of drunken frat boys she could have taken apart in 2 minutes.

She is not a mutant though.
    And not dead either, isn't she just trapped in another dimension or something as per Nightcrawler's last ongoing series?

They killed Windshear? ... Sigh.

I see he took up the name Chinook (sigh). And had Leukemia - but that can be cured by Krakoa. I thought?

Extraordinary Member

They killed Windshear? ... Sigh.

I see he took up the name Chinook (sigh). And had Leukemia - but that can be cured by Krakoa. I thought?
    I thought I read that he died. But I know he was depowered.

Ultimate Member

Did not know he was dead, but definitely would like to see him again!

There aren't nearly enough prominent black male mutants, and one with a power that is not reactive/passive (like Darwin, responding to environmental challenges) and doesn't borrow skills/powers/abilities from others (Synch, Bishop, Prodigy) is always nice.

Plus he has a British accent. It's the character Idris Elba was born to play!

RE: WIndshear of Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Did not know he was dead, but definitely would like to see him again!
    There aren't nearly enough prominent black male mutants, and one with a power that is not reactive/passive (like Darwin, responding to environmental challenges) and doesn't borrow skills/powers/abilities from others (Synch, Bishop, Prodigy) is always nice.
    Plus he has a British accent. It's the character Idris Elba was born to play!
    ^ All of this.