Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Just thought of another obscure mutant most people have no idea exists but I badly wish could be the focus of an arc - ironically a Wolverine arc, even though that's far from my favorite book.

But I'm talking about Chris Bradley, aka Bolt.....who died in the Weapon X book. He was a mutant with electrical powers, created in the 90s in the original X-Men Unlimited title, which was a side series of one-shot stories. His powers manifested while he was at school and he was shunned but Gambit and Jean came and offered him a place at the Institute to help him train with his powers....where he also received training from Beast, Storm, Cyclops and Iceman. Bobby in particular became like his surrogate older brother figure, and it was a really sweet story overall, I loved their dynamic. But then he discovered he had the Legacy Virus and was dying.

He came back in another X-Men Unlimited story not long after that....he'd gone home to live with his parents, but then had run away since his presence was bringing anti-mutant hate groups to his neighborhood. Bobby heard about this and went to go look for him, eventually enlisting Wolverine's help when he discovered that in a Legacy Virus support group, Chris had gotten close with another mutant dying from the Legacy Virus....none other than Wolverine's old teammate and friend, Maverick. When they finally caught up with them, Chris insisted on staying with Maverick, cuz he said Bobby didn't get what it was like, what he was going through, and Logan eventually convinced Bobby that Chris would be better off with Maverick and that Maverick would look out for him.

During the time Chris was with Maverick, he learned all kinds of spy trade from him. His Legacy Virus went into remission at one point, and he ended up joining an incarnation of the New Warriors in the late 90s, for a run that only lasted about 12 issues. Then he went back into Limbo....until Weapon X.

In the Weapon X series, Maverick was killed in very early issues. Not long after a new person disguised as Maverick showed up foiling Weapon X's plots everywhere he could. This second Maverick was in fact Chris Bradley. He blamed Weapon X for Maverick's death and had set out to get vengeance for his friend and mentor. But eventually, Chris was shot dead by Weapon X's Agent Zero......who turned out to in fact be the original Maverick. He'd FAKED his death in order to infiltrate Weapon X and take them down at any cost.....and he didn't realize who this fake Maverick was and thought it was just someone capitalizing on his old reputation.....only realizing too late that it was in fact Chris.

Now Maverick is back and a regular antagonist in the current Wolverine title. Kinda a man without a country idea, he's a mercenary for hire with no allegiance to anyone and no problem fucking over Krakoa and Wolverine on the regular.

I'd LOVE for Chris to be resurrected now, and for Bobby to be one of the crowd waiting to greet him, maybe even the one asking 'How do I know its you' and give them a long deserved reunion.....and then find out just HOW Chris died, or more explicitly the fact that his murderer, Agent Zero, was actually Maverick....and then just go postal hunting down Maverick with Logan trying to play damage control since he still believes there's hope for Maverick or whatever. And have Bobby just snarking at him the whole time "hey Logan, remember when you told me to trust you, that my little buddy Chris who believed in me and depended on me would be safe and BETTER OFF with your old pal Maverick? Remember that? Remind me, how'd that work out for Chris again? Hmm?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I thought of a story a while back on how to get Exiles Mimic.

616 Mimic dies.

They go to resurrect him.

The DNA from Sinister is from Exiles Mimic, as he was an actual mutant while the 616 one wasn’t.

The backup from Exiles Mimic is used since that’s the corresponding body for him.

Boom. Instant Exiles Mimic in the 616.

They could even accidentally merge the two Mimic “souls” together, but not a clean way to get Exiles Mimic back.
    What's so interesting about this is that if you add what wanda did in trial of magneto theoretically shouldn't a person who dies in other world that has a mutant counterpart (it has been stated those who die there become an amaglam) automatically just have their alternate counterpart as the primary download since technically there is no other mutant version for cerebro to grab the consciousness of? Like in theory i would think if mimic died his backup in cerebro could only be corrupted to a mutant version which would be the exiles one.

edit: I mean because if we are in the world of collecting 20 million more mutants from across time and that includes mutants that have never manifested than what wanda did was more than just a consciousness back up. She would have had to add some sort of genetic material which now we know that magic is mixed into the resurrection process so perhaps magic that now allows for the dna to be somewhere on file in the waiting room, especially if one can just walk in and be automatically put in the queue meaning there is no way sinister can be the primary source for material anymore.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-31-2021 at 12:57 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It could also open up a lot of secrets thinking about it now. I mean the fact that anyone that was a mutant is now in the queue i wonder how many mutants with secrets or people who have killed people in the queue and never thought they could possibly be confronted again are looking at the queue shook.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It could also open up a lot of secrets thinking about it now. I mean the fact that anyone that was a mutant is now in the queue i wonder how many mutants with secrets or people who have killed people in the queue and never thought they could possibly be confronted again are looking at the queue shook.
    Graydon Creed pops up in the resurrection queue, as it turns out that he was just one of those rare individuals who's X-gene wouldn't have manifested until really late along in life.

Raven and Victor: "Huh. Well this is awkward. Oh well."

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Graydon Creed pops up in the resurrection queue, as it turns out that he was just one of those rare individuals who's X-gene wouldn't have manifested until really late along in life.

ahaahahahaah..... He should get in line behind Smoke and Succubus and a LONG LONG ways behind people like Beckah Parker.(If you don't know who that is blame Didio. :P)

Extraordinary Member

This one is digging deep....Amy Brewer.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Amy_Brewer_(Earth-616)

Alpha Flight Vol 1 #107. Her mutant ability did not manifest til after she died.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Alpha Flight Vol 1 #107. Her mutant ability did not manifest til after she died.
    Ooohh.... never heard of her before, I like this one!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

OOOO! Good one!
    My flag is bacon.

BANNED

Reveal Fade was a mutant (it was never established where his powers came from). Laura needs a Rogues Gallery.

Incredible Member

Is Rusty Collins back? And if so, are he and Skids back together and on Krakoa?

Also, would the QC block resurrecting Larry Trask?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Like what happened back in Hellions #1 when the Morlocks paid Greycrow a little visit?

Come to think of it, Greycrow bragged about killing Analee's kids; and I haven't seen her return yet...
    My flag is bacon.

I would like to see Tyler Dayspring. Since cable was born in the present there should be some loophole where his son gets to live in present Krakoa and i think it would make a good replacement for Kid Cable while keeping adult cable.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

That would be hilarious. His mutant power should be suppressing his own mutant power(which he doesn't even know) and unbeknownst to all that his the secret to the inhibitor collars.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Like what happened back in Hellions #1 when the Morlocks paid Greycrow a little visit?

Come to think of it, Greycrow bragged about killing Analee's kids; and I haven't seen her return yet...
    Exactly like that. lol. Or imagine like the purifiers or some serial killer from decades ago waking up finding out they were latent mutants. Like Jake the Ripper could be a mutant. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The era of Madrox is over. Long live self-duplicating mercenary Clay!