Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Larry Trask.
    I think Orchis could use a guy like Larry!
    How about this — who should they NOT have brought back? How about...
    Thunderbird!
    Seriously, why the heck did they bring him back?
    The officially brought him back? What issue?
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    The officially brought him back? What issue?
    Thunderbird was pretty much put in group shots and his resurrection was acknowledged in X Of Swords Handbook. But no actual storyline or real interactions.

That is one of the real annoying things about what is going on in the books. Acknowledge these people coming back.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I want Sonny Bean
    Sonny Bean New X-Men127.jpg
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

What about Birdy? Sabretooth's telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Thunderbird was pretty much put in group shots and his resurrection was acknowledged in X Of Swords Handbook. But no actual storyline or real interactions.

That is one of the real annoying things about what is going on in the books. Acknowledge these people coming back.
    For sure. Consider Warpath started his career as a hero bent on revenge - a story of him and his brother reuniting seems like it would be a great way to acknowledge his return, get some character development in, and for John to see how James' powers are similar to his - but also different. Would like to see some things between them - like them racing (John was seen running pretty fast) - where John might be faster, but James is stronger, etc.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

For sure. Consider Warpath started his career as a hero bent on revenge - a story of him and his brother reuniting seems like it would be a great way to acknowledge his return, get some character development in, and for John to see how James' powers are similar to his - but also different. Would like to see some things between them - like them racing (John was seen running pretty fast) - where John might be faster, but James is stronger, etc.
    Powerwise, I think they are fairly redundant and outside of flying (which was a terrible addition), Warpath hasnt really evolved much. If they were to ever use John, I would definitely hope they gave him something different and not have him be exactly like James just a little faster or stronger bc thats not really a tangible difference. He only had like 2 issues so there is definitely room to expand his powers without it necesarily being a retcon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Powerwise, I think they are fairly redundant and outside of flying (which was a terrible addition), Warpath hasnt really evolved much. If they were to ever use John, I would definitely hope they gave him something different and not have him be exactly like James just a little faster or stronger bc thats not really a tangible difference. He only had like 2 issues so there is definitely room to expand his powers without it necesarily being a retcon
    While I agree about the flying...where in the hell did that come from anyway...I don't see a problem with them both being the basic strong guy. Look at Ben Grimm...he is one of Marvel's original strong guys and aside from getting stronger his power really doesn't evolve. But he has a great personality.

So for both Jimmy and John I have no problem making them both that strong as long as they give them some solid personalities and character development....the latter of which seems to be lacking for a lot of characters.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Wasn't John in love with a Cuckoo?
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Wasn't John in love with a Cuckoo?
    During Chaos War he and Sophie were attracted to each other...so I want to see what would happen there.

Astonishing Member

Has Copycat been brought back yet?

Pretty sure Wade would appriciate it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Since it he was shown wrestling with and racing critters, it could be funny to soft-retcon his powers to be able to tap into animal life and channel their various strengths and abilities. So heightened senses, fly like an eagle, zap like an electric eel, etc. not just 'strong and fast.'

On the other hand what he has is good as it is. Strong and fast combined is a hell of a thing, as Spider-Man proves time and again, since he's far from the strongest hero out there, and only like a tenth as strong as folk like Colossus and Thor, but he's much, much faster. I'd love to see John able to pull a Faora, from the first Man of Steel movie, or fight like Wonder Woman, just zip-POW, zip-POW, fast *and* powerful.

Or perhaps both brothers share a sort of adaptive X-gene. When the biggest thing they face are mountain lions and buffalo, they are stronger and faster than those beasties. Once James is regularly working alongside people much stronger and tougher, he bulked up and became many times stronger and tougher... A funky variation could make that not just a weird choice by Liefield to make James swole for no reason at all, but a function of his powers, 'self-evolving' to grant him different mutant abilities he subconsciously thinks he needs. In the future, he could have much different powers, as his 'adaptive X-gene' has concluded that energy projection or psionics is the 'must have' thing he needs! (Sort of a slow-bake take on Darwin, with his body slowly evolving to suit what it thinks he needs.)

Or, of course, the old standby. Resurrected-John meets James and shakes his head. "Uh, I'm an only child. Who the **** is this guy?" <In the background, Sinister sets his drink down quietly and slips out a side door...>

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Since it he was shown wrestling with and racing critters, it could be funny to soft-retcon his powers to be able to tap into animal life and channel their various strengths and abilities. So heightened senses, fly like an eagle, zap like an electric eel, etc. not just 'strong and fast.'

On the other hand what he has is good as it is. Strong and fast combined is a hell of a thing, as Spider-Man proves time and again, since he's far from the strongest hero out there, and only like a tenth as strong as folk like Colossus and Thor, but he's much, much faster. I'd love to see John able to pull a Faora, from the first Man of Steel movie, or fight like Wonder Woman, just zip-POW, zip-POW, fast *and* powerful.

Or perhaps both brothers share a sort of adaptive X-gene. When the biggest thing they face are mountain lions and buffalo, they are stronger and faster than those beasties. Once James is regularly working alongside people much stronger and tougher, he bulked up and became many times stronger and tougher... A funky variation could make that not just a weird choice by Liefield to make James swole for no reason at all, but a function of his powers, 'self-evolving' to grant him different mutant abilities he subconsciously thinks he needs. In the future, he could have much different powers, as his 'adaptive X-gene' has concluded that energy projection or psionics is the 'must have' thing he needs! (Sort of a slow-bake take on Darwin, with his body slowly evolving to suit what it thinks he needs.)

Or, of course, the old standby. Resurrected-John meets James and shakes his head. "Uh, I'm an only child. Who the **** is this guy?" <In the background, Sinister sets his drink down quietly and slips out a side door...>
    Could go the Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends route...changed into animals.

And that Sinister twist...would be epic.

Bulvark and Murmur

I probably already said so....
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Would love to see them both in similar costumes - maybe John in his original but modernized and James in same but inverted colors ala Flash/Kid Flash....

Seriously though, why haven't we seen John or Changeling, two of the earliest X-Men???
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Here's a possibly important question....When Sophie, Esme and Thunderbird were resurrected...were they backed up from their original deaths? Or did they get updated when they came back in Chaos War??