Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
Yeah. For sure. I can see why Scott wouldn't want Maddie brought back - reminder of the days he started being an arse.

That said - I see discussions for the Emma clones... and granted "hive mind" or not... still clones right?

I mean, Maddie had a life of her own - became a pilot, did things, she lived her own life.

It's an interesting position to take.

Because technically they'd never resurrect Professor Xavier right?

Or did they forget when Xavier was cloned by the Starjammers - due to the egg in him from the Brood Queen? After Uncanny X-Men #167, or so...

"The X-Men discover this and return to free Xavier, but they are too late to prevent his body from being destroyed with a Brood Queen in its place; however, his soul remains intact. The X-Men and Starjammers subdue this monstrous creature containing Xavier's essence, but the only way to restore him is to clone a new body using tissue samples he donated to the Starjammers and transfer his consciousness into the clone body. This new body possesses functional legs, though the psychosomatic pain Xavier experienced after living so long as a paraplegic takes some time to subside."
Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
Eh, just put Maddy's mind in Maddy and Jean's mind in Jean. Maddy's got a mutant gene, so she should be backed up in Cerebro like every other mutant on Earth. Seems easy enough.

IMO, the whole thing was an excuse because the QC *didn't want* Maddy back. They've already got Selene, Sinister, Shadow King, Shaw, Exodus, etc. to keep an eye on, and are, frankly, doing a crap job of that. Last thing they need to do is add to the pile of problems on their plate.
Maddie is a cautionary tale for what happens when someone is cloned when the original is still alive.