Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Here's a possibly important question....When Sophie, Esme and Thunderbird were resurrected...were they backed up from their original deaths? Or did they get updated when they came back in Chaos War??
    I am not sure if that mini counts as in-continuity, since a dead Moira was one of the characters...

That said, it would be interesting to find out if any of them (or Banshee) retain memories of that event.

While I agree about the flying...where in the hell did that come from anyway...I don't see a problem with them both being the basic strong guy. Look at Ben Grimm...he is one of Marvel's original strong guys and aside from getting stronger his power really doesn't evolve. But he has a great personality.

So for both Jimmy and John I have no problem making them both that strong as long as they give them some solid personalities and character development....the latter of which seems to be lacking for a lot of characters.
    Its not a problem for Thing in the same way as it is for the Proudstar brothers bc they are too similar. Early on they had the same personality and have the same aesthetic in addition to same powerset. They essentially are the same character except John doesnt have the long history bc he died so early. It would be a disservice to both to bring him back without trying to differentiate him in meaningful ways. He is too redundant if they dont. Its why bringing Madelyne Pryor back with her base powers and original personality bc she'd be too redundant with Jean

Here's a possibly important question....When Sophie, Esme and Thunderbird were resurrected...were they backed up from their original deaths? Or did they get updated when they came back in Chaos War??
    Sophie and Esme were resurrected right before HOX, so they would have last been backed up during that story
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-11-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Thunderbird could have been backed up from Necrosha.
    My flag is bacon.

Bring back all of the dead inferno babies as kids, as they were cheated out of their lives.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Bring back all of the dead inferno babies as kids, as they were cheated out of their lives.
    I don't think the protocols work that way...but I do think that mutants like Face need to have something done to make them whole. Let's face it with all the super science types are we really to believe that they can't make a cybernetic face to let him see and hear and to manage his powers?

I don't think the protocols work that way...but I do think that mutants like Face need to have something done to make them whole. Let's face it with all the super science types are we really to believe that they can't make a cybernetic face to let him see and hear and to manage his powers?
    Yes, and on that note, Martha should have a permanent body by now.
    My flag is bacon.

What about Ugly John?

Extraordinary Member

I have said that many times. Even before Krakoa they had cloning...why wouldn't they just do for her what was done for Charles when he was infected with a Brood?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 05-15-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, long before Krakoa, even, Elixir can regenerate missing tissue (as he did with Prodigy's heart), or Forge could create a synthetic body, or one of a dozen other options that I haven't even thought of. It seems like nobody even cares. And when someone does seem to care, it's people like the Shadow King and Exodus and Sinister taking advantage of all the people being abandoned or neglected by the heroes.

What is kind of annoying about Martha's situation is that Quentin Quire, back in the Morrison run, where he was drug-addled supremacist who used drugs and telepathy to foment a riot, was the person who cared enough about her to construct her some anti-gravity generators, allowing her little brain bubble to float around. I can't stand the dude, but when he, at his worst, had more sympathy for Martha than *every other X-person* there's something really messed up there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    What about Ugly John?
    It would be interesting to find out that he had an 'incomplete mutation' or failed mutation or frustrated mutation or something where it only partially manifested and then got arrested or 'stuck' somehow.

A tweak to his X-gene (from someone like Sage or Hope or one of the reality-monkeys like Proteus) and he's a normal-looking dude who can split apart into three dudes, a much weaker version of Madrox, but with the extra boon of having three times the strength, intelligence, etc. of a normal dude when he's combined. So he'd have a decent useful (but not too super) mutation and not just be 'ugly John.'

Extraordinary Member

Adrienne and Cordelia Frost. Before Sebastian Shaw got his comeuppance for killing Kate he put in an insurance policy of sorts that if anything happened to him Emma's sisters would be put at the top of the queue for resurrection with the knowledge that Emma kept them from coming back sooner.

Harry Leland. He's an absolute peach compared to some of the others...
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Vincente Cimetta would do just fine

Astonishing Member

Adrienne and Cordelia Frost. Before Sebastian Shaw got his comeuppance for killing Kate he put in an insurance policy of sorts that if anything happened to him Emma's sisters would be put at the top of the queue for resurrection with the knowledge that Emma kept them from coming back sooner.
    This is a great idea, but it seems Emma has some leverage over Xavier for this to happen.I can't believe Shaw is still a cripple, he should be resurrected fine by now.Though yes if Shaw can pull some strings would be great idea.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It would be interesting to find out that he had an 'incomplete mutation' or failed mutation or frustrated mutation or something where it only partially manifested and then got arrested or 'stuck' somehow.

A tweak to his X-gene (from someone like Sage or Hope or one of the reality-monkeys like Proteus) and he's a normal-looking dude who can split apart into three dudes, a much weaker version of Madrox, but with the extra boon of having three times the strength, intelligence, etc. of a normal dude when he's combined. So he'd have a decent useful (but not too super) mutation and not just be 'ugly John.'
    I like this idea