Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

All the kids from the X-Men Academy especially Tag, Wallflower, Rubbermaid and Wither. Also U-Go Girl because she has been dead long enough.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 12-21-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    All the kids from the X-Men Academy especially Tag, Wallflower, Rubbermaid, and Wither.
    I thought they were all confirmed to be back.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

All the kids from the X-Men Academy especially Tag, Wallflower, Rubbermaid, and Wither.
    Rubbermaid is currently featured in X-Men unlimited.

Tag and Wallflower were shown at the reunion arty in X-Factor #5.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I thought they were all confirmed to be back.
    I didn't know that since I only read New Mutants.

BANNED

I didn't know that since I only read New Mutants.
    All of the dead A-X kids are back. Including Icarus. With literally no time spent addressing the fact that his resurrection was likely against his wishes and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Rubbermaid is currently featured in X-Men unlimited.

Tag and Wallflower were shown at the reunion arty in X-Factor #5.
    what issue was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    All of the dead A-X kids are back. Including Icarus. With literally no time spent addressing the fact that his resurrection was likely against his wishes and will.
    Literally no one that was dead before the Krakoa era had any agency in their resurrection. Stop obsessing over this

Astonishing Member

No-Girl's physical body back. Seriously, it's not even like the other New Mutant kids where their bodies are like that because of their mutations, No-Girl is a brain in a jar specifically because Sublime cut it out of her body and stuck it there. I'm not sure how or why she's still just a brain in a jar at this point.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    what issue was this?
    As stated in the original post, X-Factor #5. Just about every NXM kid appeared, and Leah confirmed that all had been brought back. (except Blindfold).
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    As stated in the original post, X-Factor #5. Just about every NXM kid appeared, and Leah confirmed that all had been brought back. (except Blindfold).
    I think he was referring to Rubbermaid in X-men Unlimited

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Literally no one that was dead before the Krakoa era had any agency in their resurrection. Stop obsessing over this
    Mmmmm. No. It’s just plain bad writing and complete and utter ignorance of character demonstrating the chronic lack of research and oversight by the writers, not to mention part of the pattern of marginalization of these characters because they’re Teen Wallpaper and who will care? I can and will say it whenever the subject is brought up.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-21-2021 at 04:50 PM.

John Proudstar, the original Thunderbird.
    Please Remain Calm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    John Proudstar, the original Thunderbird.
    THIS. I know they've said that he can't be brought back because he died before Cerebro's backups came online, but that makes zero sense or else they've already screwed it up and have no reason for keeping him dead.....because uh, he DEFINITELY died AFTER Petra and Sway, and they're obviously back. So....something doesn't add up there.

BUT according to Sinister Secrets in one issue, the X-gene that Sinister used to mutate himself and make himself officially a mutant was taken FROM John. So I wonder if his continued lack of resurrection is just a writer goof with them forgetting they've already resurrected mutants who died before John, or if the fact that Sinister used his DNA has for some weird reason Sinister pulling strings to make sure he doesn't get resurrected? Idk why, but that's the only alternative I can think of for why he hasn't been brought back.

Regardless, I would really like to see Jamie be like UMM I HAVE QUESTIONS about this idea that only his brother seems to be incapable of being resurrected. Like, Shaw even proposed sending Illyana back in time with a Cerebro back-up device to capture Lourdes Chantel's consciousness before her death and then resurrect her in the present, and that plan SHOULD work, its just they didn't have to use it because Lourdes wasn't dead, but there's no reason at the very least that Jamie can't ask Illyana to try the same thing with John.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Mmmmm. No. It’s just plain bad writing and complete and utter ignorance of character demonstrating the chronic lack of research and oversight by the writers, not to mention part of the pattern of marginalization of these characters because they’re Teen Wallpaper and who will care? I can and will say it whenever the subject is brought up.
    I mean I guess. No other character pre-HOX had a voice in their resurrections. Jay is no different. I dont see the problem and it makes perfect sense why his siblings would have advocaed for his return

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I mean I guess. No other character pre-HOX had a voice in their resurrections. Jay is no different. I dont see the problem and it makes perfect sense why his siblings would have advocaed for his return
    It's not about the resurrection itself. It's about the fact the entire thing was resolved off-panel and swept under the rug, rather than any of the books actually taking the time to explore how the mutants who wouldn't want a resurrection react. This is a major ethical issue with the entire concept of the resurrection protocols that's been virtually ignored, when it frankly should have been front and center.

It's a major part of what makes the whole concept cheap and hollow.