Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Yeah.

The concept of doing a story from a villain's perspective isn't new at all. It's common in theater (Shakespeare plays) literature (novels like Crime and Punishment), movies, TV show (Sopranos, Breaking Bad), even video games (God of War/Grand Theft Auto/Spec Ops the Line).

It's just that it's not been done with established comics supervillains. And if it were to be done, it's natural for film-makers to take references from outside genres because they're doing something rare and entering a space where other mediums have been ahead of them on that front. Joker 2019 is based on Taxi Driver and King of Comedy because they provide references on how to explore the viewpoint of insane narcissistic sociopaths who delude themselves into being what they are not. If you were to Doom then Vader would be a reference, as would Michael Corleone and other stories. Lucas really tested the limits as to getting the audience to identify with a repulsive person. Even in the comics Victor von Doom never did anything as vile as Anakin did when he massacred those kids in the Jedi school.
    People gave Joker a shot because Joker, as a live-action character, is a proven commodity. He was and is popular. Doom is a lackluster product who is completely irrelevant now that the Russo brothers are interested in Vader.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Didn’t realise I was writing for the MCU all of a sudden.
    The story isn’t that much of a unique one, see Breaking Bad, Star Wars, etc.
    It’s how you execute it that matters.

That was a general wish of good luck to whomever is dumb enough to try. Caped Iron Man is going to be difficult to take seriously; even with a good story. Doom was designed to rule one form of entertainment. He lacks crossover appeal; not grounded enough.

BANNED

Doctor Doom, Magneto and Kingpin.

Stilt-Man, obviously.

"Everyone was always looking down on me. Now I'm looking down on them."

Amazing Member

hood.jpg
    My first pick...

Amazing Member

My other choice...
    clean.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    hood.jpg
    My first pick...
    i'd be for that. maybe someone like Joseph Gordon-Levitt (but younger) as Parker. Parker was relatively young (around the same age as Gravity) but had lived a hard life before and after finding the demonically-possessed hood; probably be one of those Riverdale actors nowadays. it'd probably work better as a tv series, though. could be a good place to introduce the real Count Nefaria and Madame Masque. maybe Ed Harris as the Golem.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 10-16-2019 at 06:25 AM.