Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bane's voice is the gift that keeps on giving - almost anything he says sounds funny.

And of course Kite-Man had a big part - King's legacy is secured.

I feel they kinda missed a "sportin' wood" joke at the end when Ivy was kissing those boys.

As funny and "outrageous" as this show is, I wonder if it will end up being better than the BoP movie in terms of how they handle the "JoQuinn" breakup. Harley's inability to really let go of him is a very relatable human flaw and ultimately grounds the show.

Wayne Knight as The Penguin .

I think that's the first time they've actually explained away all of the gimmick's in Penguin's umbrella. He has a dial.

I'm kind of surprised in an episode set around a bar mitzvah that they didn't have Harley mention she's Jewish.

I love how Bane sounds like a parody of Tom Hardy's Bane. They even reference the stadium attack.

Incredible Member

This show is hilarious! I read that they already ordered a 13 episode second season thanks to all the good reviews. IMO DC biggest strength is reinventing their characters and storylines to keep the audience entertained. While this type of formula will result in failures from time to time (just part of the creative process), us fans will get some very good innovative content overall. Hopefully the rest of the season is as good as the first 2 episodes.

Question, does anyone know if Bruce Timm is involved with this animation?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I didn't know the Penguin was Jewish. The kid was Oswald nephew, right?

Bane was the highlight of the episode for me. He was hilarious every time he appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Question, does anyone know if Bruce Timm is involved with this animation?
    Neither Bruce Timm nor Paul Dini are involved at all, as far as I am aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I didn't know the Penguin was Jewish. The kid was Oswald nephew, right?
    Either that or Mrs. Cobblepot's husband is Jewish.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Love the Kite-Man appearance.

kiteman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Love the Kite-Man appearance.
    Hell, yeah!

Now all I want from this show is for Batman to say, "I'm the fucking Batman!"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-13-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Just can't get into it. Maybe because of the constant push of Harley in the comics I've really soured on her, but the show just doesn't do it for me.

Third episode is the funniest one yet. The gag of the world literally stopping because he called Wonder Woman a **** is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Just can't get into it. Maybe because of the constant push of Harley in the comics I've really soured on her, but the show just doesn't do it for me.
    watching the first episode, it's going to take some getting used to for me. The casual gory violence, over the top dialogue, the satirical interpretation of all the "normal" characters like Batman, Commissioner Gordon, etc. I just hope that this portrayal doesn't become the "norm" for the Batman universe. Hopefully this is limited to just this particular cartoon interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    watching the first episode, it's going to take some getting used to for me. The casual gory violence, over the top dialogue, the satirical interpretation of all the "normal" characters like Batman, Commissioner Gordon, etc. I just hope that this portrayal doesn't become the "norm" for the Batman universe. Hopefully this is limited to just this particular cartoon interpretation.
    I wouldn't mind if Gordon's portrayal becomes the norm. Considering all the crap he has to deal with how can he not be a bit unhinged, tired and stop taking care of himself. I never felt so bad for Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Batman doesn't seem satirical. He's like the only normal one in this show .

The show is pretty funny but I just can’t get past the fact that she doesn’t sound like Harley! The way she talks is a pretty huge part of her character. You don’t have to go overboard with it but just some hints at the Brooklyn-ish accent would’ve been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The show is pretty funny but I just can’t get past the fact that she doesn’t sound like Harley! The way she talks is a pretty huge part of her character. You don’t have to go overboard with it but just some hints at the Brooklyn-ish accent would’ve been good.
    I think there's a hint of Harley's traditional accent at times, especially in episode 1 when she's talking about Joker.

I might be making this up, but it could be she's trying to downplay her normal accent so as to not sound stereotypical.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Was it ever established that Harley is from New Yawk? I think the original idea was Harley was supposed to harken back to the bimbo gun molls of the 1930s gangster movies. But now that Harley is no
    longer the Joker's paramour maybe it is okay that Harley is her own woman and sounds like she is from Camarillo.